Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care what after market prices are on anything I buy, I am a collector not a scumbag looking to screw someone else out of money..., the price of anything I own is irrelivent. I'm happy I'll be getting Hot Rod & maybe one day my kids can sell it BUT whilst I'm still breathing it's MINE!!! :wink1:

They'll have to pry it from your cold dead fingers :lol

I don't care what after market prices are on anything I buy, I am a collector not a scumbag looking to screw someone else out of money..., the price of anything I own is irrelivent. I'm happy I'll be getting Hot Rod & maybe one day my kids can sell it BUT whilst I'm still breathing it's MINE!!! :wink1:

Hoarding is perfectly acceptable when it comes to collecting... It's scalping that is unacceptable.
p.jpg

Screw someone out of money? It's a transaction that requires mutual consent. No one has a gun to anyone's head. Not HT, not ebay, not the local comic shop. So if one party is free to walk away, I don't think anyone gets screwed. Buying low and selling high is a cornerstone of a free market economy. The same one ppl claim to love. The alternative is a lot worse.

If the WL doesn't convert, I'll just sell my Shadow Trooper to offset the scalp. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the WL doesn't convert, I'll just sell my Shadow Trooper to offset the scalp. lol

I was surprised to see that the Shadowtrooper is still on wait list, I figured that would've sold out by now too..., my wait list on that still hasn't converted so I guess it won't now. It wasn't a priority purchase though, unlike Hot Rod. :)

Haha I got swept up in the Star Wars hype, pre ordered this one and waited a day to do Hot Rod. I chose....poorly.

Haha I got swept up in the Star Wars hype, pre ordered this one and waited a day to do Hot Rod. I chose....poorly.

It's definitely easy to get caught up in the excitement of the moment, both figures look great but I'm happy enough that I've preordered the Stormtrooper they're making, the Shadowtrooper would've been nice to have but not essential. :)

Yeah, not so good really, that's why I only buy direct when I have to..., damn customs charges, shipping & handling fees for you though, exclusives are something I'm not so keen on BUT this was a must have for me..., just had to like it & lump it. lol ;)

Yeah, not so good really, that's why I only buy direct when I have to..., damn customs charges, shipping & handling fees for you though, exclusives are something I'm not so keen on BUT this was a must have for me..., just had to like it & lump it. lol ;)

Yes I found myself on the wrong end of collecting back in August/September with 7 figures arriving and then shortly after over 300euro in fees and charges..... I only buy Exclusives from Sideshow now :ohbfrank:

Yes I found myself on the wrong end of collecting back in August/September with 7 figures arriving and then shortly after over 300euro in fees and charges..... I only buy Exclusives from Sideshow now :ohbfrank:

Yeah, FedEX are great for getting the figures to you pretty quickly but I'm not so fond of the customs charges & handling fees bill they send a couple of weeks later..., thankfully I've never had too much coming together though. As well as Hot Rod next month I'll have the R2-D2 figure Sideshow made coming too so there will be 2 lots of charges to come after delivery in January. :( That's it though until the next Iron Man exclusive shows up, Blue Steel maybe?

Yeah, FedEX are great for getting the figures to you pretty quickly but I'm not so fond of the customs charges & handling fees bill they send a couple of weeks later..., thankfully I've never had too much coming together though. As well as Hot Rod next month I'll have the R2-D2 figure Sideshow made coming too so there will be 2 lots of charges to come after delivery in January. :( That's it though until the next Iron Man exclusive shows up, Blue Steel maybe?

I love Silver Centurion, its a great figure, would I get it again in blue....ehhhhhhhh YEAH!

I love Silver Centurion, its a great figure, would I get it again in blue....ehhhhhhhh YEAH!

Silver Centurion is pretty cool, if I could change anything though I'd want more silver like it is in the comics..., apart from that I was pleased with the figure. :) The prototype pictures of the Blue Steel version definitely make it worth buying, I'm not sure if it's literally just a repaint & no blades or if there is something different about it too?!?

Silver Centurion is pretty cool, if I could change anything though I'd want more silver like it is in the comics..., apart from that I was pleased with the figure. :) The prototype pictures of the Blue Steel version definitely make it worth buying, I'm not sure if it's literally just a repaint & no blades or if there is something different about it too?!?

I think I did a photoshop of SC with more silver, its somewhere in its thread. I believe that Blue Steel is an upgrade, even though its 30 and SC is 33, its believed to be a movie mistake, it has the blades and significantly higher energy output(not that the latter will provoke an additional accessory)

I think I did a photoshop of SC with more silver, its somewhere in its thread. I believe that Blue Steel is an upgrade, even though its 30 and SC is 33, its believed to be a movie mistake, it has the blades and significantly higher energy output(not that the latter will provoke an additional accessory)

I remember seeing that, couldn't remember who'd shown me it or in which thread though..., if I was confident I could do a decent job I'd have a go at customising Silver Centurion but I don't want to make it look naff when it looks pretty good as it is. :)

I remember seeing that, couldn't remember who'd shown me it or in which thread though..., if I was confident I could do a decent job I'd have a go at customising Silver Centurion but I don't want to make it look naff when it looks pretty good as it is. :)

here it is
attachment.php

took some digging in about 100 pages :rotfl

Back