Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I procrastinated on the pack out so now both of my EX figures are being shipped where they will get beat the hell up by UPS.

Good luck with that, jimmie.

I work outside and everyday see UPS guys dumping boxes onto concrete sidewalks, then onto hand carts and cringe at how many of them have crushed corners -- besides, I like my shippers pristine and label free so with SSC, it'll always be pack out with EX's. Have IM3 DC and Stealth coming and won't take any chances with them either.

Good luck with that, jimmie.

I work outside and everyday see UPS guys dumping boxes onto concrete sidewalks, then onto hand carts and cringe at how many of them have crushed corners -- besides, I lile my shippers pristine and label free.

I prefer packed out items, but have a hard time justifying $10 more on top of what I already pay with tax aka shipping. I told myself many times to call SSC and ensure pack out but I get too busy throughout my day to remember.

Luckily my UPS driver is a collector so he treats the boxes well. His colleagues, not so much.

You can have Sideshow put an automatic pack-out notice on your account. That's what I did.

Now they just pack-out anything I order.

You can have Sideshow put an automatic pack-out notice on your account. That's what I did.

Now they just pack-out anything I order.

Good minds think alike. I just called SSC to see if I could get a pack out on Marty to which the rep replied, "no" as the package is on the truck shipping out tonight. I requested pack out on all future orders. I don't like having to pay extra for this where other retailers do it free of charge, but 90% of all SSC orders end up with damaged boxes so I guess I gotta go with the pack out.

Good minds think alike. I just called SSC to see if I could get a pack out on Marty to which the rep replied, "no" as the package is on the truck shipping out tonight. I requested pack out on all future orders. I don't like having to pay extra for this where other retailers do it free of charge, but 90% of all SSC orders end up with damaged boxes so I guess I gotta go with the pack out.

I set my account up this way last year, it does suck to have to pay extra for a service provided for free from other retailers, but seeing as that's the only way to get stuff from sideshow undamaged its worth the extra 10 dollars to protect a 200-300+ collectable:lecture

I set my account up this way last year, it does suck to have to pay extra for a service provided for free from other retailers, but seeing as that's the only way to get stuff from sideshow undamaged its worth the extra 10 dollars to protect a 200-300+ collectable:lecture

Yeah I now have a standing pack out order for all SSC items, but because I live in CA, I only order EXs from SSC, but I think it's worth it, especially with IM M3 DC EX and Stealth coming soon, don't even want to think about messing with those gems.

Lemme put it this way -- I don't want to be disappointed so $10 saves me a heap of disappointment.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to ask a stupid question guys...but what exactly is a "pack out"? Extra packaging to prevent shipping damage? I've been fortunate to not have any damaged packages from the Sideshow orders I've done. So far...

I'm sorry to ask a stupid question guys...but what exactly is a "pack out"? Extra packaging to prevent shipping damage? I've been fortunate to not have any damaged packages from the Sideshow orders I've done. So far...
They double box it so the hot toys shipping box doesn't get beat up or have shipping stickers all over it.

OMG, I'm getting it tomorrow. This is heavy.

Status

Back to the Future Marty McFly Back to the Future Sixth Scale Figure

Exclusive

Unit Price: $224.99 each
You ordered 1 of this item

This item will ship via: UPS Ground

This item shipped on: 2015-05-28 17:52:13

Mine has shipped as well, probably will get it Wednesday. Hope the Delorean comes out this year but doubtful. An accessory loaded Doc is now my most wanted announcement.

I've never received a damaged box from ss and I've never requested a pack out. Granted I don't order a lot, but still.

Back