Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that limited edition set exclusive to the UK or overseas? I couldn't find it anywhere for the US region. Plus I saw one on eBay where the seller was asking for $1000. :slap

I think it was a UK/Ireland set. Big tin box, lots of paper goods (posters, almanac, prop bits etc) but the really cool bits were a lenticular full size pic of the disappearing McFly family from the first movie, and a very detailed miniature enamelled metal Outatime car plate. it's a smaller version of this (which is oversized)..

Apart from humter's cool BTTF paper goods, I recommend people pick up the Blu-Ray tin release of the movie, it has some excellent freebies inside. I know I'm definitely gonna display Marty with the metal Outatime plate and the lenticular "vanishing family" pic.
:rock

That was an awesome Blu-ray release, I am definitely going to be using those to display with my figure as well. Can't believe the price of this set now though :horror, just glad I got it when it came out.

Holy crap that lenticular photo is great!

Yeah it really is, I have an inexplicable love of lenticulars anyway, but this is an inspired bit of Back To The Future merch.
And the quality of it inhand is very impressive, depending on which way you tilt it different parts disappear.

I'd like to own a pair of Air Mags that didn't cost more than some cars.

And I wonder if some company, like Nike, will make a Marty 2015 jacket. This doesn't really count.

martyjacket.JPG

Maybe this has already been covered, but:

why hasn't HT started with part 2?

I mean, I find Marty's clothes more interesting in the 2, but that's subjective. However.. FLYING DELOREAN!

Say they release the DeLorean, who is gonna buy it, except those who plan to waste a ton of money in both (& possibly all 3)?
These things are expensive, if I had to buy just one, it'd be v2, and I'm sure everyone would agree.

So if they release v1 and it doesn't sell, they won't release a v2, while maybe v1 didn't sell because everyone was waiting for v2. They should just start with v2.
Now of course if they release one with parts to do both, that's a must buy for me.
I don't care about v3, because it's.. meh. But combining v1 & 2 makes sense, since they both appear in BTTF1.

edit: ah I see it has been debated already. I hope HT realizes this.

Yeh I have that tin also. Amazing set.

Well you guys got me all wound up on this bttf tin set, so I found one. For those of you that have it, is $250 u.s.d. alot? I mean its a hell of alot for me but I dont collect movies, so i dont know if as a collectible if its worth that kind of money. The only other one I found was on ebay for $1000 u.s.d. but that one was unopened. The one I found was open but complete and in great condition. Any feedback would be great.

Maybe this has already been covered, but:

why hasn't HT started with part 2?

I mean, I find Marty's clothes more interesting in the 2, but that's subjective. However.. FLYING DELOREAN!

Say they release the DeLorean, who is gonna buy it, except those who plan to waste a ton of money in both (& possibly all 3)?
These things are expensive, if I had to buy just one, it'd be v2, and I'm sure everyone would agree.

So if they release v1 and it doesn't sell, they won't release a v2, while maybe v1 didn't sell because everyone was waiting for v2. They should just start with v2.
Now of course if they release one with parts to do both, that's a must buy for me.
I don't care about v3, because it's.. meh. But combining v1 & 2 makes sense, since they both appear in BTTF1.

edit: ah I see it has been debated already. I hope HT realizes this.

I think Im the minority of this topic, I don't know why so many people are so set on the "Flying Delorean". To me I want the one that started it off, I mean think of it logistically other than the wheels flipping down and a Mr. Fusion on the back (which that can be easily added to a normal version) what can you really do with it. I don't think most people are going to trust that size and weight on a stand to showcase a "Flying Delorean" and not to mention all the space that something of that size takes, now you would not only have to worry about width of space but now height. I mean from all the videos I have seen on the 1989 Batmobile most people are afraid to put it on the little 2 inch stand that it comes with!! lol (Ive seen at least 2 videos that i can remember where the reviewer mentioned he would not put it on the stand due to fear of being bumped off easily). Well maybe its just feeling getting more bang for your buck, but i'm good with the basic Delorean. Now lets just get that out already.

Well you guys got me all wound up on this bttf tin set, so I found one. For those of you that have it, is $250 u.s.d. alot? I mean its a hell of alot for me but I dont collect movies, so i dont know if as a collectible if its worth that kind of money. The only other one I found was on ebay for $1000 u.s.d. but that one was unopened. The one I found was open but complete and in great condition. Any feedback would be great.

Man its not worth that amount to me by any stretch of the imagination. One re-release the value tanks. I never got into limited edition movie collecting for that reason.

I don't think most people are going to trust that size and weight on a stand to showcase a "Flying Delorean" and not to mention all the space that something of that size takes, now you would not only have to worry about width of space but now height.

I totally would showcase it flying, and besides, it's because it would already eat a large floor space, that I'd rather also have it use it more vertically as well.

It was the 80's, I was a kid, year 2k was "the future with flying cars", and the end of the first movie made me dream more than the movie itself.

In case anyone is interested, there is a seller on ebay selling a set of 3 BTTF lenticular items, the vanishing photo, Biff's matchbook and the polaroid of Doc's tombstone.

I see that Sideshow has the dalorean up as "coming soon"...so I guess it is in the works from HT...:)...I will definitely be picking it up...:)

I see that Sideshow has the dalorean up as "coming soon"...so I guess it is in the works from HT...:)...I will definitely be picking it up...:)
Its been there for 3 weeks like that. But like you, we're all hoping Lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back