Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :) I've mostly been ordering from CDUK and Zavvi but this is my first import (for the ex). I've factored 24.7% into the cost for customs but is a Fedex charge additional to that?

they usually charge me an additional Admin fee of E10.75.... which is pretty crappy of them... I also had to resort to importing this guy for the EX.

Damn, it seems like everyone wants a bit of the import money pie! Oh well, it's worth it :) I've got SL and Groot/Rocket on order along with Deadpool but DP can be cancelled if I feel I'm being wrung out too much.

Gamora, Drax, I even read somewhere that Groot was supposed to be one of the most intelligent beings in the universe and at times in the film, they really appeared to dumb him down just for the sake of comedy. But I'm no expert on GotG so maybe he is like that in the comics as well?

No problem!

When I ordered my Tamashii C-3PO during the sale at Hobby Link Japan I selected FedEx as the courier since they automatically recognize your address - any parcels delivered by them from any retailer won't be charged the admin fee.

Yeah I just set it up there now, I think... FedEx site is bananas

I've created an account on their web site but it wants a nine digit account number to create a billing account. God knows how I get one of those...

*Edit* I just found this
Trying it now

*Edit 2* That was the US site. I found one for UK and completed it. They're going to call me to finalise it tomorrow.

All of you guys complaining about Star-Lord being fat are silly. This is clearly Burt Macklin on his toughest assignment yet!

Some people are going nuts about how the jacket makes him look thick, it's just how the jacket looks in certain poses, just like with many other Hot Toy figures you just need to futz it around until you get your desired look. https://i1.cdnds.net/14/26/618x411/movies-guardians-of-the-galaxy-orb-chris-pratt.jpg That picture is not so flattering, it's just the jacket.

One thing I was put off buy is the fact that Drax was way underestimated he should have been able to kick Ronan's arse and sweep the floor with him. My word the guy was engineered to take out thanos and he didn't even scratch Ronan pre infinity stone.......something is wrong with that canon of marvel universe.

The MCU version of Drax has not been genetically engineered (yet), he was just after Ronan for revenge.

It's only right at the end of the movie he sets his sights on Thanos.

The MCU version of Drax has not been genetically engineered (yet), he was just after Ronan for revenge.

It's only right at the end of the movie he sets his sights on Thanos.

:lecture True....

Drax comes from a race of primitives who are considered naive and hopelessly underdeveloped by the more advanced galactic groups. As a result, Drax is extremely unaware of basic concepts such as metaphors and customs. They are, however, a fierce and capable warrior race who follow a tribal-like culture. Drax was married to a woman named Hovat, and together the two had a daughter named Kamaria.

After Ronan the Accuser murdered Hovat and Kamaria under the order of the warlord Thanos, Drax was driven into a path of vengeance and went on a bloody rampage across the galaxy in search of the murderous Kree. After over twenty-two counts of murder and six counts of grievous bodily harm, he was arrested by the Nova Corps and brought to the Kyln

-Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki

Drax comes from a race of primitives who are considered naive and hopelessly underdeveloped by the more advanced galactic groups. As a result, Drax is extremely unaware of basic concepts such as metaphors and customs. They are, however, a fierce and capable warrior race who follow a tribal-like culture. Drax was married to a woman named Hovat, and together the two had a daughter named Kamaria.

After Ronan the Accuser murdered Hovat and Kamaria under the order of the warlord Thanos, Drax was driven into a path of vengeance and went on a bloody rampage across the galaxy in search of the murderous Kree. After over twenty-two counts of murder and six counts of grievous bodily harm, he was arrested by the Nova Corps and brought to the Kyln

Yup, what he said ^ . :exactly:

Wait is that Drax in the Ultimate universe or something? Unless that's his MCU backstory.

Cause I'm pretty sure Drax was originally a human named Arthur Douglas in 616.

Yeah thats the Official MCU Backstory

Ohhh okay that's interesting, and I do honestly like that backstory much more than the 616. I always thought his 616 origin was actually a bit ridiculous, especially when first reading the Infinity Gauntlet years ago. Kinda makes me wonder what would happen if they went with original Drax who could fly and had energy projection, and just way more powerful overall. Oh, and that wonderful cape. ;)

I like this one :lol

10849834_761491227263101_1406360871904350549_n.jpg

Back