1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I see. I wouldn't mind getting him a bit early but I have my last flex payment for the DX13 (just today actually) and the Man of Steel Jor-El is coming out on full payment on December 2nd so I'll probably just leave it be for now. I somehow doubt we'll actually get this in December anyways since no pictures have popped up from overseas yet (unless it's one of those surprise releases but I kind of doubt it). My guess is January or maybe February.

The lady I spoke with on the phone seemed pretty confident that it would be released in December.

My guess though is that they realized he was a much easier figure to mass produce than say the Mark XLII and the Red Snapper so they slowed production of the Red Snapper because they weren't going to meet the December timeline anyway and ramped up the Tony Stark Mechanic production and will have him ready for December.........hopefully lol as much as I want to believe they will actually have him ready for Decmber, its still Hot Toys....I'll believe it when I receive my figure.

Ah I see. I wouldn't mind getting him a bit early but I have my last flex payment for the DX13 (just today actually) and the Man of Steel Jor-El is coming out on full payment on December 2nd so I'll probably just leave it be for now. I somehow doubt we'll actually get this in December anyways since no pictures have popped up from overseas yet (unless it's one of those surprise releases but I kind of doubt it). My guess is January or maybe February.

There has been a few figures that pictures did not show up until a day or two before they started shipping from SSC. The latest one being the BD T-800. I still do not have spot for this guy so I am in no hurry for him to ship.

The lady I spoke with on the phone seemed pretty confident that it would be released in December.

My guess though is that they realized he was a much easier figure to mass produce than say the Mark XLII and the Red Snapper so they slowed production of the Red Snapper because they weren't going to meet the December timeline anyway and ramped up the Tony Stark Mechanic production and will have him ready for December.........hopefully lol as much as I want to believe they will actually have him ready for Decmber, its still Hot Toys....I'll believe it when I receive my figure.

It will be two totally different R&D projects. Snapper will be worked on by CAD and CNC machining of steel moulds. Once those are done it's moulding, removing from sprue, painting then building. It's a similar but ultimately very different process.
This will need the same done for the accessories. But not for the clothing/backpack.
I doubt any figure that is already put into production will ever be put on the back burner for long.

The guy from Alter Ego Comics confirmed the December release date if anyone didn't say that already.

It will be two totally different R&D projects. Snapper will be worked on by CAD and CNC machining of steel moulds. Once those are done it's moulding, removing from sprue, painting then building. It's a similar but ultimately very different process.
This will need the same done for the accessories. But not for the clothing/backpack.
I doubt any figure that is already put into production will ever be put on the back burner for long.
My guess is this probably was pushed up because of the Tony Stark they released earlier this year. They already have the new body developed and I'm guessing they'll probably use the same head sculpt just with different paint applications (to add the blood). Probably the biggest issue was the clothing/accessories, and even for that it's not like he's wearing anything overly complicated. If this is in fact coming out in December I might contact Sideshow and see if they can just do a full payment rather than a flex pay so I can get it before the end of the year.

Damn, didn't know this got bumped up too with Jor-El, guess its time to cancel it. I'm not sure I need/want two Tony's in my collection anyways. The first one from this year is just too damn awesome.

Damn, didn't know this got bumped up too with Jor-El, guess its time to cancel it. I'm not sure I need/want two Tony's in my collection anyways. The first one from this year is just too damn awesome.

I agree, and cancelled mine too. XL42 Tony is a great figure and comes with so many parts. I don't feel a need to display Tony again and again. The figures are so expensive now that more wise choices need to be made at least for my collection. On the other hand I just PO'd the Chitauri Set...So they will still get my money, but will be on a unique figure set i don't own....

Canceled 224 ...purchased 480 :thud:

My thoughts on the two Tony figures are that the Mark XLII test version is a better overall figure if you're a die hard Iron Man fan and have collected/are collecting all the suits. The Mechanic version is better for the casual fan who just wants a couple Iron Man figures in their collection.

I will be stoked to get this in December if that's the case. I really enjoyed the scenes in iron man 3 that this figure represents. This will look great on a shelf with Trevor.:yess:

I'm mainly getting this version for the unique accessories, like the headset and pop-up repulsor. I didn't get the armor testing version, so I'll be using parts from this set to make my own Stark figure.

The backpack, hoodie, sneakers, and jeans could serve double duty for a Peter Parker Spider-man figure. But the price is pretty steep on this one, maybe pickup on secondary market?

The backpack, hoodie, sneakers, and jeans could serve double duty for a Peter Parker Spider-man figure. But the price is pretty steep on this one, maybe pickup on secondary market?

Explain your logic behind this. The secondary market is typically more expensive....

Its buyer choice to pay more on a secondary market like $bay, you could bid on auction and get it for less but you need patience.

i pulled the trigger and preordered yesterday , the headsculpt is fantastic and i really like all the accessories that are included

Aren't all those things available for a Parker bash right now? People have been posting a bunch of customs in that thread for a few weeks now.

Back