1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
914E36C2-A506-4864-B852-1CD15A4775D1_zps2wrzgvh8.jpg

C2AC60BA-B84E-48B8-8433-9854F61FD79B_zps5paesdzz.jpg

C03D3D6B-7744-4F79-AB2F-D674EEC6B8A9_zpsjvdsi3re.jpg

7649028C-0A29-4CBA-8EBE-06F6719229A6_zpsdy8zq4fn.jpg

5861E4BB-24C0-4087-B900-4752EAFA66AA_zpsi6hd19ls.jpg

928BD233-473A-44DC-80ED-7E15760334B1_zpsmhwrozmg.jpg

D5B1359F-3CAD-4882-822D-0E078AAFAE72_zpsp7qif79w.jpg

B9CDFC00-C2B1-4FFF-ABCB-660E34318338_zps6am8udke.jpg

72B06C15-3BD6-4523-AE0F-AF1915624C12_zpshvnivhyc.jpg

896BFD20-6C39-45AF-9393-CBB80E7FBAD4_zpsfs5jhra5.jpg

Nice pics Paramore! This guy is great. I like him a lot more than Mech Test 2.0. Accessories and posing options are more fun with this guy. But yea the arms are so insanely stiff! Guess it beats the opposite though.

Nice pics Paramore! This guy is great. I like him a lot more than Mech Test 2.0. Accessories and posing options are more fun with this guy. But yea the arms are so insanely stiff! Guess it beats the opposite though.

Thanks! Yeah, I like him better than the MMS191 Tony.

Having opted out of getting the Mech test as I have the IM1 Mech test, I was delighted to get this guy.
I think he best represents IM3.

More pics tomorrow:

yby7ygeh.jpg

I'll say it, such an overpriced figure with no real special features. The accessories for the most part are useless. It's s great figure, but no where near what msrp is. I can't for the life of me move both elbows. Not overly impressed with the overall package.

I'll say it, such an overpriced figure with no real special features.
Well you get like what, a figure that encompasses practically half of Tony Stark's appearance in the whole film, so I gotta say, that's a whole lot of something for one package. I personally find that this figure practically embodies the whole point of IM3.

The accessories for the most part are useless.
Again I don't get this, useless in what way? He comes with a lot of stuff that essentially covers two of the best moments in the film (if I recall, this also covers his appearance in the climax/final battle). You get Tony Stark with an arsenal of improvised weaponry (his "Mechanic" moment), and you also get Tony Stark with Mk42 parts and a gun based on what was probably the best-choreographed fight sequence in the film (barring his fight with Killian). So yeah, while I recognize that you seem underwhelmed by this package, I don't get how the stuff that this figure comes with would disappoint any IM fan looking for a good piece to represent IM3 in their collection.

Well you get like what, a figure that encompasses practically half of Tony Stark's appearance in the whole film, so I gotta say, that's a whole lot of something for one package. I personally find that this figure practically embodies the whole point of IM3.

Again I don't get this, useless in what way? He comes with a lot of stuff that essentially covers two of the best moments in the film (if I recall, this also covers his appearance in the climax/final battle). You get Tony Stark with an arsenal of improvised weaponry (his "Mechanic" moment), and you also get Tony Stark with Mk42 parts and a gun based on what was probably the best-choreographed fight sequence in the film (barring his fight with Killian). So yeah, while I recognize that you seem underwhelmed by this package, I don't get how the stuff that this figure comes with would disappoint any IM fan looking for a good piece to represent IM3 in their collection.

Well said. This figure is a great representation of IM3 Tony.

Last edited:
I finally had the chance to pull this out of the box and really take a close look at this figure and all the accessories: Popped the head off, unzipped the hoody, removed the plastic underlay, pulled up the white undershirt without difficulty, removed the battery tab-lights and switch worked perfectly and the chest light was just awesome looking, bright with enough diffusion under the shirt. Easily re-zipped the hoody, just took a little patience (I have a 7year old so I am learning that slowly but surely ha, ha ;)) Used a hairdryer on full setting for 20-30seconds per side and was able to unlock the very stiff elbows, worked them back and forward and voila no more stiff elbows-again patience. Overall, I have to say that this figure with all the relevant accessories, and options the price was very good value-I have the Exclusive. I just cancelled the Crow for exactly that reason--very little options and the same price as this figure--an iconic figure, but not worth the price for what you get.

For any Iron Man fan or RDJ fans this figure is a NO-BRAINER!

Back