1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why wouldn't you keep it? Looks great and comes with tons of accessories so you can keep your display fresh with new poses if you get bored. Stark figures typically don't as well as the armors, especially in Asia where they go bananas for mech/robotic figures.

Feels a bit bare bones, and there's not one in-hand pic that's blown me away so far.
I still love the source material though, just not sure about the figure.

Mine just arrived and I have a quick question! I took off his sweat shirt and lifted his shirt to remove the plastic, and there's a switch there. That's obviously for his chest piece! I flicked it up, but nothing lit up. Is it broken? Or is there a plastic tab I need to yank out that I just have to strip him more to find? I only ask because I don't think I can feel a tab, and I'd rather not take off all his clothes if possible :)

I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need to contact the store I ordered it from and let them know, or if I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance!

Mine just arrived and I have a quick question! I took off his sweat shirt and lifted his shirt to remove the plastic, and there's a switch there. That's obviously for his chest piece! I flicked it up, but nothing lit up. Is it broken? Or is there a plastic tab I need to yank out that I just have to strip him more to find? I only ask because I don't think I can feel a tab, and I'd rather not take off all his clothes if possible :)

I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need to contact the store I ordered it from and let them know, or if I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance!
There is a plastic tab to remove for the chest LED. On my figure, the tab was at the top portion of the switch and facing upwards, it was a pain to remove :lol

There is a plastic tab to remove for the chest LED. On my figure, the tab was at the top portion of the switch and facing upwards, it was a pain to remove :lol

Ah, hmm...I didn't see anything there. Looks like I'll delve into his back area again and see if I just missed it! Updates to come (because I know you're waiting at the edge of your seat! :lol )

Ah, hmm...I didn't see anything there. Looks like I'll delve into his back area again and see if I just missed it! Updates to come (because I know you're waiting at the edge of your seat! :lol )

:lol Good luck! If it's missing and you likely have a dead battery.

Got it! Thanks Y4NK33 PL4N3T!! Much appreciated :) I got tweezers to do it, but you're right, his shirt is so tight that it's really tough to get at! I had no idea it'd be so high. Go figure, Catwoman came with instructions because of her goggles, but this guy? Nope! :)

Thanks again!

I opened up 4 boxes of the Mechanic yesterday at my toy shop and each figure's elbow joints are all very tight.

QC is pretty good for this piece but I noticed some figure's pants had mis-aligned stitching, I chose the best piece in the end.

Got this guy for USD$193 (SGD$245), fair price I will say but could be cheaper.

Wholesale is a lot cheaper than 193 I'd say u didn't get a good deal ;) and opening each one up and then selling them :p booo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This figure is already selling below retail locally when I was in HK. Almost everyone in the forum were trying to unload these.

I'm guessing if you wait slightly longer, you might get a better deal.

Wait till that cowboy version tony stark comes out. I'm sure it will hit records for not selling. Wow what a giant rip-off. Now if they were below 100$ I'd say ok but not at what 199srp

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

received him yesterday! great figure and nice accessories. i think retail is too high but it helped i had a $25 SS coupon. I like that it's a simple figure and the tailoring is top notch!

Can anyone tell me the best way to switch out the arms? When I got the Mech Test Tony Stark, when I went to change the arm I pulled out the socket along with the plug. I'd rather not do that again.

Can anyone tell me the best way to switch out the arms? When I got the Mech Test Tony Stark, when I went to change the arm I pulled out the socket along with the plug. I'd rather not do that again.

hair dryer is your best bet, loosens up the socket, but the arms and legs are always the hardest

whenever dealing with joints and sockets, heat is always your friend, used a hair dryer multiple times with my Predator figures

I am interested in trading my armor testing figure for this one if anybody has this and rather have armor testing... Lmk :)

Something I just found made me legit angry tonight. I put on the armored arm, and go to switch out the hands to the 'Up' pose hand- and instead of the great, articulated hand we got in the Mech Test version, we got a POS rubber hand that, when you turn the light on for the palm light, looks HORRIBLE. I ended up using the Mech Test version hand, but still- if I pay over $200 for a figure, I don't expect to find something like a cheap rubber hand.

Something I just found made me legit angry tonight. I put on the armored arm, and go to switch out the hands to the 'Up' pose hand- and instead of the great, articulated hand we got in the Mech Test version, we got a POS rubber hand that, when you turn the light on for the palm light, looks HORRIBLE. I ended up using the Mech Test version hand, but still- if I pay over $200 for a figure, I don't expect to find something like a cheap rubber hand.

The angled repulsor palm? Post a pic please.

^^^ You just have to angle it a bit down to get the full light. Yeah, it kind of sucks, but it still looks fine even if it's not perfectly pointing straight forward. All those hands are plastic I believe, even when they first introduced them with the Mk 7. The extra hand though has the articulated joints. Check out some of my pics @ dwkungfustar.blogspot.com to see that it works alright. This site still isn't allowing me to post pictures via image location.

IMG_1309 (2) (507x640) (349x440).jpg
The angled repulsor palm? Post a pic please.

Back