Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally picked up this bad boy yesterday. What an awesome figure!!! He's going to look great posed up with my BD Robocop!

This one has the same rubber issues as most and I will be working to fix and treat those over the next few days. It's a real shame HT couldn't have found something better to use, but the poor quality rubber has worked in my favour and allowed me to pick up this otherwise pristine figure for a mere £175!! For that kind of money, I can deal with having to do a little repair work...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Really wonder if weather plays a big role. Where i live is very dry and doesnt get too hot and the dome on my figure is pristine...i've had it since it came out years ago.

My guess would be not so much. Mine started cracking noticeably within six months. I think it has more to do with uneven quality in the batches of rubber used during production. My collection room is cool, dry and windowless, and I have other (much older) collectibles with rubber components that are perfectly fine. But ED? ED's cracked all to hell. :(

I decided to not take out mine out of packaging/plastic and sell it instead. Anyone wants it just let me know. Perfect dome.

Hi ED-209 fans!

First time posting on this site :)

I've forever wanted this kit ever since I saw it announced since I was such a huge fan of the original movie while growing up...but more so of Ed-209 rather then robocop himself ha. However not being a big collector, I couldn't justify spending 400 usd on the thing.

My luck turned however when I came across a pretty bashed up figure in a bargain bucket in a toy hobby shop here in Singapore. It wasn't in the best condition, the dreaded dome problem was present (though in early stages), all the accessories were missing like a couple of the rockets and the remote and no original box. Anyway after some bargaining I managed to get it for a Super reasonable equivalent of 80 usd!

So instead of trying to repair it to 'new' condition, decided to have a bit of fun by trying a bit of repaint to create a weathered version to give it more of story, here's some WIP pics ;). I'm quite inspired by some the Gundam gunpla repaint models people do, so it's little exaggerated....not so easy trying to make it deliberately dirty

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

that definitely looks cool. like ED-209 wasn't a ****ed up robot but a perfectly functional one, and this one patrolled the streets for a long time.
i've seen old cars and bikes and think you did a wonderful job.

the best thing is that rotting rubber looks perfectly in place on your model.
amazing skills.

Back