Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still want this hopefully someone will make a replacement dome then I will buy.

Mine is still trucking with no cracks in it. Just damn does the dome love every dust particle in the western hemisphere.

that's the problem. you really need an actual figure.
i have an unassembled ED in another place, could pick it up in july (vacation) and send the torso to you... but who would cover the expenses of double shipping for both of us :)
anyway mine is out of discussion until july.

That's something we could actually work out with no huge problems, I think. Would it have to be the whole torso that is sent? Not just the cover?

That's something we could actually work out with no huge problems, I think. Would it have to be the whole torso that is sent? Not just the cover?
well, what Bucky Underbelly said plus you'd need the firm undersurface to know what the insides of the dome should look like :)
ok then, let's postpone it until july.

well, what Bucky Underbelly said plus you'd need the firm undersurface to know what the insides of the dome should look like :)
ok then, let's postpone it until july.
Gotcha!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Well mine is starting to crack finally... Why couldn't it just be plastic... I'm in for any kinda of replacement project.

So I was approached about possibly making a replacement of this dome awhile back. Now that I am wrapping up the current Terminator customs I think it could be something I could possibly 3D model and see if we can get prints/casts made. I currently have a lot on my customs schedule right now ahead of this but I would love to look into this for you guys.

However, I do not own this figure myself. As such I would need very detailed pictures (of the dome itself, yes, but more specifically of the underside so I can see how it attached to the rest of the figure) with measurements. If this is done it would likely be done in some version of plastic rather than the rubber material it is currently made of.

Let me know what we can do. If there is a large need for this I would start up a separate thread in the customs section so we can consolidate discussion, pictures, etc. Thanks!

I'm definitely in for one.

Get that Honda grease, oe Liqui Moly, Snake.

Don´t finish it with Mod Podge...

Kinda beyond the point of saving it. 25% of it is cracking now. I hadn't noticed it until earlier but it's been good for quite some time without a hint deterioration. If I can't replace it, I'll sell it at a big discount.

Wow! What changed Snake?? On 5/16, you were still good. 5 days later, 5/21, and 25% of the dome is cracked? Did the atmospheric conditions change all of a sudden?

I didn't give it a close up inspection in maybe a month or so. And, it's position on my shelf masked the bad section. No telling how long it's been going on. I almost want to sell it just to make room. I got the Robocop and Murphy two pack, and that's enough.

www.instagram.com/series209

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_3904.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Is this figure still worth buying with the issues? Just rewatched the movie a couple of days ago, would really love the figure but the cracking issues terrifies me.

It's a tremendous figure apart from the perpetual worry that they forced upon us once again. The detail and articulation is incredible.

It's a tremendous figure apart from the perpetual worry that they forced upon us once again. The detail and articulation is incredible.

Yeah, so it seems. Is the deterioration that widespread? Sounds like a 80/20 chance of happening from what I've read.

The better question would be ''is the immediate deterioration that widespread?'' I don't know, I haven't been keeping track of anyone else's. I'm concerned that the dome is starting to pull away from the borders on mine though.

Back