Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on those rivets, did you drill out the spots and glue and insert metal ones in?
What size are the rivets and where can I find em?
I've been on the hunt for another ED for a decent price ever since I returned mine due to the rubber issues. So much regret.

I always come in here hoping for some epic pics and every time there's some form of lubricant images :lol awesome

epic pics of lubricant images :D

white-lightning-epic-ride8-med.jpg

k2-_a2b6cb35-62de-413e-b70b-1591414cbd34.v1.jpg

emt-duo.jpg

whgsxuc2.jpg

whitel-image.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I drilled holes and put in actual real metal 3mm 2.5mm 2mm socket hex cap bolts. Screwed them in just as the real thing would be with allen key / wrench.
Nice work on those rivets, did you drill out the spots and glue and insert metal ones in?
What size are the rivets and where can I find em?
I've been on the hunt for another ED for a decent price ever since I returned mine due to the rubber issues. So much regret.

Wonderful.
Still a sight to behold.

On a side note, little update:
I put the last liqui moly on ED months ago, like 6 or so and now he was just a little dry, but no new cracks.
Looks totally fresh again.
Love my ED

Have to admit that I still haven't treated mine with anything :/

Same here.
Its been most of the time boxed and im always affaid to have a bad surprise when i take it out....
Leaving for holidays gonna order gummi pfledge so it Will be home when im back no excuses :)
(Of course my ED Will probably have started rotting lol)

Nah, it won't. Since the facts that we now is that he started rotting everytime when he's out of the box, suggestions and so far they almost became facts is, that the combination of the material, with the colorization technique + air is what starts the drying and rotting/cracking process.
So your EDs are perfectly fine.
Don't get me wrong on this:
I think you guys waste him. This is still an awesome $400 piece of merch and don't me wrong on this 2nd, HT screwed up big time, considering the masterful engineering on all kinds of mech and robotic figured, but with some sort of rubber care (gummi pflege in german, not plegde :wink1 ), he survives and it doesn't even cost much.
My bottle doesn't even cost 10 bucks, it's barely used and ED is PERFECT.
All few months a nice rub with, or losing him?
The pain would be clearly bigger on the latter...

Sneak peak of all metal rails upgrade, each one takes four hours to do because it's a manual mill with no computer controlled anything. I wish someone would help me who had a cnc mill and we could do a group buy. Note center cut on rail in photo not yet done but will be, I'm just test fitting and it's perfect looks even better than photos so crisp and sharp details. I will also have the center screws in metal. Let me know what you guys think.20160317_190228.jpg20160317_190249.jpg20160317_190236.jpg20160317_190218.jpg

damnit. you're simply building it again, replacing all parts one by one :)

Well I love the look of real metal on ED209 so much that I'm trying to replace all painted metal with real metal, movement will be smooth and gapless. Even the filming ed209 had real metal. Look up ed209 armature skeleton and see it!

damn, reverse engineering ED. cooool.
im imagining ED's clunky footsteps more vividly now.lolz

did you patch up his dome while you're at it?

Back