Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, folks it's basically done, and so I present you the pics. Happy new years to all. 20151229_204633_001.jpg20151229_204352.jpg20151229_204540.jpg20151229_204514.jpg20151229_204605.jpg

This is a life time achievement project for me. The barrels are now real metal, I left it unpainted for now to show them off. I guess you helped me answer a question of at which point do the manufactures cut the detail level. The closer you look the more you will see, now if you spot something more and there is more I will confirm it for you.

krafter did you do something to the ED209 toes? looks like they have more range in the toe area.

20160101_122649.jpg20160101_122852.jpg20160101_123124.jpg20160101_122923.jpg20160101_123013.jpgYes, and I very upset that the factory did not make it that way. I mean how hard is it to design a little more range. I'm so upset by this, especially because you can't do the big movie pose as I just did without the full range of motion... That I'm thinking to offer the modification service to people. It is really annoying and hard to do, because risk of damage is very high, and even when done correctly it reduces stiffness by 30% or so which is not a problem at all really. It also means you have to mod the moving toe shields to get more range in the other direction. So it's a lot of work you can't see actually, and I don't even know what a fair price would be. More photos to come to help you guys see what you have missed.

Love the work on this, krafter, especially the rivit and barrel replacement with metal (didn't notice the extended ROM on the toes, previously -- holy smokes!). A mod service is tempting depending on your location. It's a big box and at least for me via Canada Post, might be prohibitive. Regardless, great job!

I'm in los angeles, only the legs out need to be shipped, the legs can be popped off easily with a flat head driver no damage at all. There is a youtube video showing this exact process. Those are all, every last one, real metal socket hex cap screws! Note central air intake to a stock one vs my vs movie. Side intakes are now opened too.

Ok, I thought about it and I do want to help everyone out by offering the foot mod service. It is really important to the character and I feel hot toys cheated us on this and the crap rubber. I think $60 plus shipping is very reasonable for both legs, all I ask is try to form a group so I can do them all at once. If you are local to Los Angeles you can drop it off and avoid shipping costs. I really just want to help you guys out as a fellow fan. Let me know how this sounds guys and we'll go from there.

This mods of yours are awesome mate.

Im still baffled that there Still no dome replacement set from a customizer or something...
Well.

So just to be 100% sure, this is the stuff to get if your dome is still good:

Screenshot 2016-01-27 19.13.30.jpg

And then this stuff for the leg joint rubber that is looking like it's cracking:

Screenshot 2016-01-27 19.17.24.jpg

So just to be 100% sure, this is the stuff to get if your dome is still good:

View attachment 240820

And then this stuff for the leg joint rubber that is looking like it's cracking:

View attachment 240821

Mod Podge, Honda and/or Liqui Moly (which I use), is for all, as far as I know.
Mod Podge is sealing everything, while seemingly adds fluids to the rubber again, but also hardens it a bit, since it´s a form of lacquer for napkin technique (the hobby where you redesign vases, or stuff from porcelain, didn´t know if you´re familiar with it).

I give my ED a good sweep with Liqui Moly every 2-3 Months and it still looks perfect...aside from the cat hairs.
:lol

I have now replied to all who wanted the leg mod, and there is enough of you guys to start a run. If you didn't get a message from me you can add me on skype. sskrafter

Back