Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to say:
That ED is my 2nd. Got severe problems on the first.
Roughly a month later I got the 2nd, that was around august of last year.
Except a teeny tiny crack on the front, after evaulating what can be done WITHOUT rubber care, which totally disappeared after lubricating it again, I had no problems on this.
:)

Cheers, man.
:hi5:

Well, besides the cracking dome, ED's right arm is now drooping in the socket. Would a few coats of clear nail polish around the ball joint help tighten that up?

How do you shorten the legs on this guy?

I was applying my shin-etsu grease forthe 2nd time after 6-8 months since the 1st application (no problems, no cracking!! :yess:) but I accidentally extended the legs and now he's way too tall from my earlier display. Is there a button to press to lower the legs because they feel locked right now...

One year later....no grease or anything....dome is still in great condition. I also have not touched it after initial pose. Just moved to dust, but never touch the dome.

One year later....no grease or anything....dome is still in great condition. I also have not touched it after initial pose. Just moved to dust, but never touch the dome.
No button, just be firm and move each side down a little at a time

I think the dome on mine has a slight divot in the front, but to be honest I think it looked funny around the base ever since I got him. I gave it a quick look the other day and didn't see any issues, had it since release.

Mine's still cracked all to hell. Not that it would get better, but I can't tell if it's any worse than three or four months ago. But I assume it is.

Is anybody still planning to cast up some resin dome replacements? I'm still very interested ...

How do you shorten the legs on this guy?

I was applying my shin-etsu grease forthe 2nd time after 6-8 months since the 1st application (no problems, no cracking!! :yess:) but I accidentally extended the legs and now he's way too tall from my earlier display. Is there a button to press to lower the legs because they feel locked right now...

Not my video, you don't have to push the rams down like he does here. Do the same kinda thing from above to drop them down. It makes a loud click, but that's just the ratchet.

Mine's still cracked all to hell. Not that it would get better, but I can't tell if it's any worse than three or four months ago. But I assume it is.

Is anybody still planning to cast up some resin dome replacements? I'm still very interested ...

Such a shame all that money gets wasted. HT refuses to learn from it's mistakes.

Such a shame all that money gets wasted. HT refuses to learn from it's mistakes.

Oh yeah. An infuriating, infuriating shame. :lol

I suppose it's partly my own fault, though. I didn't treat it with anything when I first got it. And then I didn't really check on it until it was too late. :(

What kills me is that it's such a terrific figure otherwise. It really is fantastic except for the rubber.

Oh yeah. An infuriating, infuriating shame. :lol

I suppose it's partly my own fault, though. I didn't treat it with anything when I first got it. And then I didn't really check on it until it was too late. :(

What kills me is that it's such a terrific figure otherwise. It really is fantastic except for the rubber.

I really don't know if treating it would of prevented anything, in the long run. I did nothing with mine except stick it on a shelf.

I hardly bother coming into this thread. The subject matter of any given page is quite predictable and oh so sad that that is the case. No one's fault but HT.

I really don't know if treating it would of prevented anything, in the long run. I did nothing with mine except stick it on a shelf.

Maybe not prevent but prolong. As far as anyone knows, they all may end up in taters but so far, the ones that are in really bad shape are the ones that were left untreated.

gummi pfledge'd mine. happy camper as far as the dome condition.

maybe the bootleggers would've done a better dome than this. HT, you stoopid lazy bastards. keep repeating the same mistakes over again.

I loose $100 to sell one of this with brand new condition, hottoys are getting worthless to collect

Back