Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its been more than 3 months since i gummi pfldged mine. dome is still holding. took some pics, i later realized i forgot to apply it on ED's rubber neck collar. no cracks on inspection. :/
DSC_4974_zpszscngwrp.jpg

as a saboteur's war dog.
DSC_4967_zpsmwnqhh38.jpg

as a german wermacht's dog of war, advanced mechanized division.lolz
DSC_4969_zpsn2bmv3b5.jpg

its been more than 3 months since i gummi pfldged mine. dome is still holding. took some pics, i later realized i forgot to apply it on ED's rubber neck collar. no cracks on inspection. :/
neck would be above arms, and that is waist - part between body and legs :D
can't wait to get my shelves and put all EDs together.
each time i see a nice photo of this engineering, like photos in your post, i dream of displaying it again. haven't seen ED IRL for a year already.

Got one on the way. Nervous about dome after reading this. I figured the new version would have had that problem resolved.

I've had mine since release, and no sign of damage. It is in my movie/beer cellar so it stays below 65 degrees. That may be helping the rubber from crackinig. Perhaps if they are in hotter enviroments the cracks start becoming an issue?

Its an awesome piece. Iv got a fairly large collection from 1/6 to lifesize pieces and this always seems to get noticed .

I'm also worried about putting stress on the joints. I had it in a cool action pose, but the gaskets looked squashed and pulled, so I put it back in the neutral pose. Lol!

Another thing I'm curious about - the legs are attached via small plastic pin. There is a lot of weight that is constantly pressing down on these two pins. Wonder if after a year or two if they will eventually snap.

Another thing I'm curious about - the legs are attached via small plastic pin. There is a lot of weight that is constantly pressing down on these two pins. Wonder if after a year or two if they will eventually snap.
i was afraid of that as well.
i pacified myself with an idea of drilling the parts and putting a metal stick inside, in case that happens.
or you can just buy an extra body piece and keep it, like i did for robocop with too tight heap joints which can break eventually :)

Some of you guys. Seriously. The figure is NOT heavy, and IIRC it's ABS plastic. You could probably swing off that joint. The amount of weight, for what that joint could potentially hold, would be approaching a rounding error, it's that small. Unless the plastic disintegrates, in which case there is no saving it, regardless of weight.

Back