Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys, the silicone arrived today and now just waiting on the plaster to make the mothermould. Once it's here ill get started, with plenty of photos of course :)

In the meantime, here is my ED. I love him!

Don't really know how Nick'd do the sleeving for the shoulders or legs, but who knows. Personally I just plan on protecting those with Mod Podge.

Thanks for taking this project on, Nick! Really looking forward to having one of these and maybe just switching the dome out proactively. Would be nice to have it taken care of once and for all.

No worries :) Once the domes are done ill look into maybe doing the other parts in higher quality rubber, but lets get the domes done first :)

Received mine today from OneSixthBruce, very happy with it. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1425678359.345853.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1425678303.089860.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1425678387.140328.jpg

Too big for my cabinets so out in the open above my desk at the moment :(

Don't really know how Nick'd do the sleeving for the shoulders or legs, but who knows. Personally I just plan on protecting those with Mod Podge.

Thanks for taking this project on, Nick! Really looking forward to having one of these and maybe just switching the dome out proactively. Would be nice to have it taken care of once and for all.

There was a guy over at the RPF who recasted the dome, and all of the rubber parts for the arms and legs. Not sure if he was selling them or not but at least it can be done.

Received mine today from OneSixthBruce, very happy with it. :)
Some nice pieces, there, inked. You have good taste! And damn, ED is such an impressive figure. Literally the only thing that brings it down is the worry over the dome (and I guess the voice thing, but I'll never use it).

There was a guy over at the RPF who recasted the dome, and all of the rubber parts for the arms and legs. Not sure if he was selling them or not but at least it can be done.
Cool, good to know. Thanks for the info, kl. :duff

No worries :) Once the domes are done ill look into maybe doing the other parts in higher quality rubber, but lets get the domes done first :)

I'm interested in getting on the list for a replacement dome, Nick. Checked mine out the other day and it's cracked all to hell now. Any idea about price yet?

It's too great a figure otherwise to let HT's poor judgement ruin it!

Ok. Im thinking about the best way to go about this. I obviously need to make the new domes from PU resin but you can't cast it as thin as the rubber dome, so I'll have to make it a thick piece and then cut away the plastic under the dome to slot it in, just like Keith did here...ED-209 from Hot Toys (My Rebuild) - Statue Forum
Thinking not many people would want to take a dremel to their ED :/

Looks like we're home free with nick-a-tron!!! Rot in hell, original ED-209 rubber dome! :lol
...Thinking not many people would want to take a dremel to their ED :/
Ah, what a bummer. Looks like I spoke a little too soon. :lol Thanks for looking into it, though, Nick!

I'd like to say I'd even consider it but I haven't even put the Mod Podge on and I've had it for like 6 months.

Edit: Just checked out the link. Wow, Keith did an incredible job!

Last edited:
Im still gunna mould my dome, just so I have options when mine starts to rot and ill offer them to anyone who wants them, its just theres no way i can cast a thin PU part that simply slots over ED's head, it has to be thick and that means cutting plastic away to compensate for the thickness.

Well, guess it's still tempting maybe with a tutorial or something... I do still very much like the idea of a permanent solution to ED's issue.

A sad day today!! Just checked my ed209 and the cracking has started. Been on display, out of sunlight since July. Having to start the mod podge straightaway as the cracks are small at the moment.

Yeah Ive had mine since it was first available and I mod Podged it only once all over the rubber parts and it has shown zero cracking.

Back