Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I just treated myself to an ed209 today. Im a mould maker/caster by trade, is there still a demand for the dome replacements? If so I can offer them.

Will the cast be textured like the stock dome or will it require a fabric screen to be placed over it? Do you have any prototype pics?

Still really confused by the rubber issues with these.

I've had mine since June, and so far not a single hint of trouble on any of the rubber parts.:dunno
Still looks exactly like the day I took him out of the package. Really strange how some are fine and others terrible.

Thinking about selling mine and getting the Chronicle replica.
Is there a general sense of what a potentially defect-free one is worth these days?

View attachment 168551 image.jpgView attachment 168550

Hi! I just treated myself to an ed209 today. Im a mould maker/caster by trade, is there still a demand for the dome replacements? If so I can offer them.
I'd also be interested. Bet you could sell a ton of these on e.Bay.

I've had mine since June, and so far not a single hint of trouble on any of the rubber parts.:dunno
That is good to hear, Snake. Maybe it was just an initial bad batch? I still tend to think that the rubber cracking is in time likely, if not inevitable, so that's why I'd be interested in having a spare dome, even if mine is fine for the time-being.

In regards to used price of ED, I really have no idea. I lot of places still have it at retail, so I'd think you would have to drop to maybe $350.00. Check the sold listings on e.Bay to get a better idea of what people are actually willing to pay, though.

Right on Invictus, thanks.

The other thing that does concern me is even if I get a replacement dome for the future, the other parts between the legs and arms... Replacing those parts with some other material might not be practical as far as maintaining the ability to pose ED.

Why I might be leaning more and more towards investing in that Chronicle replica, even though you lose the ability to pose it.. The connection to Tippett Studios is pretty awesome. Knowing it was cast part for part from the stop-motion puppet, and that the pose was set by Phil Tippett himself.. The movie nerd in me is finding that hard to resist, even with the price tag. :panic:

Hmmm... Decisions, decisions..

post-9439-Fry-NOT-SURE-gif-meme-Imgur-uanb.gif

It's a very nice piece and I would enjoy the pedigree, too. HT kind of hit the sweet spot for me in regards to what I'm willing to pay for ED, but if price and room were no object, I'd get the Chronicle's version, also.

]
same here
Mine never cracked, I applied the grease as a precautionary but am not convinced it would have cracked
Possibly a batch issues is my best guess

I love my Ed, epic piece, I think they did better on this piece vs the robo piece
It's too bad it's had the rubber issues, take away from how great it is

A bad initial batch of super-accelerated deterioration perhaps. But the fact is they used a material that will deteriorate eventually when they could have simply sculpted the dome in plastic.

Take it from a guy whose original ED took a few years to start rotting. Anyone who thinks theirs is fine is still pretty deep in the woods.

Last edited:
Back