Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys, i finally opened mine. and boy, took me an hour to unbox and assemble him. but here is my questions:

1) the arms are hard to pop right in. i am not dare to disassemble this toy (afraid to break it). anybody disassemble this before? is there any risk to snap it apart?

2) i have BIG problem in raising its leg. i watched review on youtube and those guys effortlessly just lift up its leg. but mine is such a ***** to lift up. any tips??? any thing i am missing here??

1) straighten arms and pull and twist at the same time - find this works ok for me.
2) they are tight when out the box but over time seem to loosen up. I just put my thumb on the top of the rail by the circle that twists and hold outside and push rather than pull. If that makes sense.
3) getting the legs off is anyones guess-think heating with hairdryer may be best option???

:lol

Probably applies to every expensive figure that owners are afraid to break. lol
Still haven't pulled the trigger on this baby yet, hopefully soon though. Trying to learn as much as I can.

1) straighten arms and pull and twist at the same time - find this works ok for me.
2) they are tight when out the box but over time seem to loosen up. I just put my thumb on the top of the rail by the circle that twists and hold outside and push rather than pull. If that makes sense.
3) getting the legs off is anyones guess-think heating with hairdryer may be best option???

thanks for the answer. i will try ur suggestion later. now mine is displayed on relaxed mode so the legs are not standing up.

OK....mine is delayed to August. Now to decide if I want to wait that much longer or just go with Timcent.

what is timcent?

i already opened mine and somehow he is not as cool as i thought it would be :( have a bit of buyer remorse here . my suggestion , just go with the NECA version. its much cheaper and i saw it on youtube, the detail is so great for the price u pay.

:lol

Probably applies to every expensive figure that owners are afraid to break. lol
Still haven't pulled the trigger on this baby yet, hopefully soon though. Trying to learn as much as I can.

if i could do it again, i would buy general zod and superman instead of this for the same amount of money -.-" 400 dollars is quite a lot

what is timcent?

i already opened mine and somehow he is not as cool as i thought it would be :( have a bit of buyer remorse here . my suggestion , just go with the NECA version. its much cheaper and i saw it on youtube, the detail is so great for the price u pay.

This figure is pricey, but I haven't heard a single Robo fan here complain about not being cool.

Are you a Robocop fan? If so, what's not cool about this ED????!!!

If you are not a Robo fan, why even buy this? It's like saying, I'm going to get General Zod (myself) when the movie meant nothing to me. Of course I'm going to find that figure to be boring as hell.

And how can you even recommend the Neca version when you don't have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is timcent?

NECA's version over this!? Really? This is an outstanding piece, the only flaw really is the audio. I would suggest to people this over the NECA version any day. It's such an eye catcher.

if i could do it again, i would buy general zod and superman instead of this for the same amount of money -.-" 400 dollars is quite a lot

That's the thing...I would not buy General Zod or Superman for $100 each because I don't give a rat's behind about those two characters.

I have both the NECA and HT and I agree the NECA is quite a good bargain...but if you want the best 1/6 ED209 on the market right now I don't know if there's anything else except that super-expensive statue that's coming out.

I do find that I get the most enjoyment out of collectibles, movies, etc if I don't read too much about them in advance. If you've been going through all the reviews and photos for weeks before you get the thing in your hands then sometimes the real deal just fails to awe and surprise but it has nothing to do with the quality of the product.

become a premium member here, put up a for trade thread, i bet you get some bites for what you are looking for

and theres no way the neca version is even close to this, first off, its not 1/6 scale, and second, it has a fraction on the articulation that this one does
this is the best Ed on the market, even prefer it over the tippett 1/6 scale ed statue promo shots

OK....mine is delayed to August. Now to decide if I want to wait that much longer or just go with Timcent.

You're in the EU aren't you?!
If it's not too expensive for you you can also try to get it from Endosickness' and my retailer in Germany. Can only recommend him.

I’m a fan of Robocop 1 & 2 (seeing both in theatres back in the day). As nice as this figure looked in the preorder pictures I had no intentions making the purchase. I have my limits and I could not drop $400+ on a figure. This past weekend I had the pleasure to see this masterpiece inhand displayed at my local collectable store. It was beautiful and aside from actually holding it and feeling the weight it still didn’t sway my decisions. Again great figure but not something I personally would spend $400+ on.

OK....mine is delayed to August.
why is it happening often to you? you have no way to purchase directly from HK?
i mean, when i get something earlier than civilized places do, it makes me wonder.

why is it happening often to you? you have no way to purchase directly from HK?
i mean, when i get something earlier than civilized places do, it makes me wonder.

No I usually get stuff pretty early. It's just this. I don't know why I bothered preordering, there's no need anymore. But since I was preordering I chose a UK site and the UK retailers get stuff later than everywhere else seemingly.

I’m a fan of Robocop 1 & 2 (seeing both in theatres back in the day). As nice as this figure looked in the preorder pictures I had no intentions making the purchase. I have my limits and I could not drop $400+ on a figure. This past weekend I had the pleasure to see this masterpiece inhand displayed at my local collectable store. It was beautiful and aside from actually holding it and feeling the weight it still didn’t sway my decisions. Again great figure but not something I personally would spend $400+ on.

I’m extremely happy with this piece but I definitely hear ya, and it's all about the insane rate of inflation of the licensed sect of the hobby. Considering that the average human sized 1/6 figures are running $200-$315 now (DX's on the higher side) then it feels right that things like ED & Monger are priced the way they are. But then you look back and say, "jeez, these things are teetering Tumbler numbers!". Look at what we got with things like the DX11 & DX12 (only like a year and a half ago) for what they cost and compare that to what your $250-$275 gets you today. Stealth Cap & Falcon sure compare in price but not so much in "what's in the box" factor.

This is just the direction the hobby has been going. Around two years ago seemed like the sweet spot for buyers. The figures evolved to the next level where sculpts, likenesses, paint, outfits, etc. all were improving greatly and prices were still staying reasonable. Do I wish we were back where great pieces like original Spidey was $150, TFA Cap was $160 & DX Sparrow was $250? Of course!

I completely understand that the figures keep getting better and the product toady is leaps and bounds better than it was 4 years ago (the old ED compared to this 2.0 being a very good example). That’s why the hikes have been justifiable up until recently but it’s getting close to crossing the line of reason. Based on the current average retail prices I’m not overly miffed at ED’s price (however I do think that EVERYTHING is overpriced by $15-$30 so this would’ve been nicer at $399 shipped) and I’m very happy with it. But I will say that if this keeps up and next year sets comparable to say… TWS line are all up $20-$30 a pop and a piece like ED or Monger is up $50+, I’m quitting this hobby on principle alone

Back