Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my final pose based on ED 209 threatening Kenny who has just dropped the gun. I liked this pose because it represents a moment when we see how badass ED is, but we don't yet know he's a screw up.

ED209-6.jpg

ED209-5.jpg

Still bothered that the ankle articulation on this ACTION FIGURE is so limited that this is as far apart as I can get the feet realistically.

ED209-4.jpg

i am not robocop fan.

I stopped reading right there.

I'll never understand guys buying things just for the hell of it. Just to "collect" thus making their displays look like a second hand toy store. They must be rich. Or with plenty of debt.

But what do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ I hear ya. I always find myself at that line, or crossroads, where I really want to get something because of a great deal, and it always takes forever to remind myself that I don't really need this because it doesn't belong in my collection or that I don't really love it as much as I thought I did upon first seeing the deal. I just hate that this happens all the time until the last hour or last few minutes before the promotion expires... LOL I always have to find excuses to point me away. :stake

Absolutely man. Even if money wasn't a factor, I just don't see myself collecting every single thing that gets released. It is pointless IMO.

That way, when goodies for a license I love come out, I can justify getting everything I want... Even that awesome looking ROBO CAIN statue... Which I'm contemplating at the moment...

^^^ Agreed.

Question I know I would be asking myself regarding that piece, which may or may not change your mind... will HT will be making one for less?

I'm sure that if HT makes one, it will cost less. They teased one about 100 years ago, but that was it.
I mean, they are doing freaking Rhyno, why not Cain, right?

But yeah, $1000+ is really a hard pill to swallow for a 1/6 statue. I love Cain, but at the moment I'm not sure if I love him THAT much. Lol.

Definitely. Is it made of die-cast? Or panda?

The Rhyno armor looks somewhat similar to Cain too. Do they have the Robocop 2 rights/license?

I'm not sure about the materials, and even tough is a statue, there's some comments about "limited pose-ability"... Whatever that means.

I don't know if they have the license still, but they did show a prototype once..... If it already expired (like MJ's Smooth Criminal) , I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robocop is probably the only line where I would buy statues, mainly a figure guy

But damn, those Tippett statues look perfect, the pcs has the iconic pose, might have to spend the $$$ and get em

Robocop is probably the only line where I would buy statues, mainly a figure guy

But damn, those Tippett statues look perfect, the pcs has the iconic pose, might have to spend the $$$ and get em

I've started buying other formats when it comes to licenses I care for, and it's great! The Batman PF looks great next to my batman collection, and I can't wait for Keaton. But those were not $1000+, so it was easier to digest. That PCS Robo looks great, I don't think the EX is worth the extra cash, so I'll just snag one locally. I'm pretty much set with the HT ED 209, as the statue really wouldn't make all that much sense, unless it was in 1/4, so that I could display it alongside the EB Robo and the upcoming PCS.

Tippet's stuff looks the real deal, but it just might be my stopping point financially speaking.

I'm not sure about the materials, and even tough is a statue, there's some comments about "limited pose-ability"... Whatever that means.

I don't know if they have the license still, but they did show a prototype once..... If it already expired (like MJ's Smooth Criminal) , I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No.
They never showed a prototype.
When they announced the RoboCop 2012 project the had a cardboard box with a print of RoboCain on it in proper 1/6th scale.

I wasn 't going to get this- had no real desire for a ED 209. However after seeing in hand pics it did something to me- floored me how nice it was and looked like a very detailed finished model with great articulation. I love robots and it really started to appeal to me. Now I have one. I'm a sucker:lol

I wasn 't going to get this- had no real desire for a ED 209. However after seeing in hand pics it did something to me- floored me how nice it was and looked like a very detailed finished model with great articulation. I love robots and it really started to appeal to me. Now I have one. I'm a sucker:lol

It was only the right thing to do

No.
They never showed a prototype.
When they announced the RoboCop 2012 project the had a cardboard box with a print of RoboCain on it in proper 1/6th scale.

Thanks for clarifying that, I wasn't all that sure myself.

Back