Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is the dome in this version? is it still vulnerable like the old one? and how serious is the dome issue really??

Just noticed in this shot he's got two gun barrels on his right arm, pretty sure he should only have one, right?
image.jpg

Wrong and right at the same time. There was few scaled models of ED-209.
The small one (used for the stop motion animation in a scenes with the environment maquettes) had two barrels on his right "arm" and less of details.
The big one had one barrel. It's just a movie mistake. Happens often.
I'd say, that the 1:1 scale ED-209 is the one to count it as an original.

Wrong and right at the same time. There was few scaled models of ED-209.
The small one (used for the stop motion animation in a scenes with the environment maquettes) had two barrels on his right "arm" and less of details.
The big one had one barrel. It's just a movie mistake. Happens often.
I'd say, that the 1:1 scale ED-209 is the one to count it as an original.

Ah, right. Thanks for that =] I never really noticed that difference.

why not? just curious. one is plastic but this one is diecast, no? diecast is always more expensive.

actually i was also considering whiplash.

Diecast is not more expensive than plastic. It's HT that wants us to believe that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the four gun barrels on the animation model, vs. three guns on the life-size prop AND certain scenes with alternate animation models. So, HT got it right both ways. The new ED with three guns is one reason I decided to focus mainly on making decals from the life-size prop, because this new ED represents the 3-gun look of the big prop, if not in other ways.

By the way - Just got in a second batch of custom ED-209 decals, here:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...CALS-Extensively-reaserched-for-film-accuracy

got the second ED today. unfortunately i cannot make a pair photo. unfortunately i cannot even see them side by side myself: they are kept in different apartments for now :(
i think that only in july i will deliver one here and make double photos, then move him back.

of course it wasn't, i just liked to see that toes artucilation on much better photos than i manage to make )
btw did you notice that foot base (those 3 toes and rear finger) can "swing" left-right? the cylinder on foot's back is a centre pin of that swinging. it gives even more possibilities to put all fingers on the ground in extreme poses.

I know you can pose the toes and also pivot the ankle back and forth but can't work out the left an right swinging motion you mentioned. Care to show some pics?

i don't have a camera where i live now :)
i'll just make a photoshop from my seller's photo.

f0f99344b2f3.jpg

the whole base (that has 4 fingers attached to it) can move like this. may be not as extreme, but it still adds even more poseability.

i don't have a camera where i live now :)
i'll just make a photoshop from my seller's photo.

f0f99344b2f3.jpg

the whole base (that has 4 fingers attached to it) can move like this. may be not as extreme, but it still adds even more poseability.
Thanks for taking the time to make that, I'm guessing it can only make that swing with the toes hanging down.

I was really hoping the front toe would have a little more articulation to it, to maybe slide forward or backward and articulate a little higher to allow the leg to stand vertical like this.

image.jpg

I FINALLY PULLED THE TRIGGER AND BOUGHT THIS. will get delivered soon. damn, my pocket hurts and i better not regret this purchase.

i had bought iron monger and after few months, i got tired with the piece and sold it. hopefully it wont be the same with this bad beast.

Back