Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get to look at every detail under the microscope but I assembled him, messed around with the articulation a little and had a good glance over.....

BAD-A$$-BEAST

Can't wait to dig in tomorrow and get a good pose working

Couple shots I took.
image.jpg
image.jpg
"I am now authorized to… be loyal as a puppy."

I haven't, no. I really have no need to disassemble him, but it would be nice to know how to do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, it really would be nice to know. I guess not many need to disassemble him so we probably won't get much info on this. I tried to test the waters and I can see it'll be a b__ch. I put it in half way and it was a little tough taking it back out. I gave it a little force after putting on the first leg and it didn't seem like it was coming out. I didn't go the whole 9 yards to get it off but the little try I took felt like I could've broke it if I kept going.

The voice over is absolutely and epically absurd. Unless there is some copyright issue happening here, this is beyond excusable. I don't know all the legalities behind licensing, but I find it hard to believe that this voice nonsense has anything to do with that. If your a major toy producer who holds the license to a franchise, granting you permission to use likenesses and designs... how hard can it possibly be to get Jon frigin' Davison's voice included in that deal?? And if they really, for whatever bizarre reason had to go this route... do they not know anyone who speaks English without an accent?!?!

Thanks, guys. This piece is just beyond awesome. Really stands out in a collection. Can't wait for Robo.

Were you able to get Ed to stand on his own, in the pic where one foot is raised?
Didnt know if he was leaning on something
Awesome pics

I've heard of two guys pulling it off, but nothing on video or anything of the sort.

These things are so stiff, that unless I see it, I don't believe it.
i did it, following Gigerfan's advices (hope the nickname is correct). it's difficult but possible AND i think it spoils the female joint, making it slightly bigger, as extreme rocking/pulling is applied. so don't do it if you don't need it.
Couple shots I took.
View attachment 110709
View attachment 110710
"I am now authorized to… be loyal as a puppy."
looks like live 1:1 shots. the figure is highly detailed itself, but photos like that bring a real life into it.
first shot is mirrored variant of my pose exactly, including legs heights )

i did it, following Gigerfan's advices (hope the nickname is correct). it's difficult but possible AND i think it spoils the female joint, making it slightly bigger, as extreme rocking/pulling is applied. so don't do it if you don't need it.
looks like live 1:1 shots. the figure is highly detailed itself, but photos like that bring a real life into it.

Thanks P., that's what I needed to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to get Ed to stand on his own, in the pic where one foot is raised?
Didnt know if he was leaning on something
Awesome pics

He wasn't leaning on anything, it was pretty sturdy in that pose too.

It wasn't intentional, fella. I've been trying so many poses, takes a bit of time getting it exactly how you want it and also balancing it evenly at the same time.

It wasn't intentional, fella.
of course it wasn't, i just liked to see that toes artucilation on much better photos than i manage to make )
btw did you notice that foot base (those 3 toes and rear finger) can "swing" left-right? the cylinder on foot's back is a centre pin of that swinging. it gives even more possibilities to put all fingers on the ground in extreme poses.

Back