Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did SS only get a short shipment initially? I was one of the first shabobs to place an order for this but mine hasn't shipped yet.

Thought I'd share this. WANT!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Totally badass!! The pose gives it tons of personality too. Empty shells is a nice touch too. Would have to get Anthrapoid's decals though, otherwise it's a fail. LOL

Totally badass!! The pose gives it tons of personality too. Empty shells is a nice touch too. Would have to get Anthrapoid's decals though, otherwise it's a fail. LOL

I think the pose is a bit silly actually. I prefer the arms pointing the same way in firing position.

Doesn't get more intimidating than that^

" Move along, do not block foot traffic. Please dispose of all food containers in the proper receptacle bin. Don't forget to stop by gift shop on your way out! "

watched the special effects special(on the dvd), phil tippet(stop motion animator on robocop) still has the ed model
looked awesome, very much like the HT version although crap kept falling off of it as he described the stop motion process
i was unable to get my ed in the same pose he had the model in, looks like it had more moevement options than the ht version(as it should)

i am very tempted to get this but $400 price tag. man, can sb talk me out of this. it hurts to spend that much. but this thing is so irresistible.

should i just settle with neca version perhaps?

Well, being an ex-owner of the old ED209 by HT I can only tell you:
GET THIS HELLUVAROBOT!

The old one is a very impressive addition to everyones collection, but this... this is certainly epic!

Believe me: if you pass on him now, you'll regret it soon and probably at the time Robo will be released you'll bite your a$$!!!

I think the 400 bucks are well worth this figure.

COMPLY! ;)

i am very tempted to get this but $400 price tag. man, can sb talk me out of this. it hurts to spend that much. but this thing is so irresistible.

should i just settle with neca version perhaps?

I was going to get this, but i've decided that the NECA is enough for now, until PopCultureShock releases their 1:4 scale ED-209

Well, being an ex-owner of the old ED209 by HT I can only tell you:
GET THIS HELLUVAROBOT!

The old one is a very impressive addition to everyones collection, but this... this is certainly epic!

Believe me: if you pass on him now, you'll regret it soon and probably at the time Robo will be released you'll bite your a$$!!!

I think the 400 bucks are well worth this figure.

COMPLY! ;)

^^^This. If you have any desire for this ED you should get it now as it will cost more later. The 400$ is worth it for this epic and large figure.

I never got the time to get this guy out of the box and it killing me :panic:! Tonight's the night though.

But I did get to catch up on the thread. Can anyone report in with more success stories of removing the legs, or was it just the one guy so far that said he did it a few times with ease? Also to the guys with open displays and the original ED, how bad is the dust issue? Is it that impossible to clean it up thoroughly? Do you think the new material will be easier to maintain in this sense than the old rubber?

I still have a complete photo-illustrated tutorial for the War machine decal application, which I would be happy to email to you if you buy the decals. And yes, the masking technique and materials required are the same.
One more thing: I just realized, if I sell enough ED-209 decals that I need another page of them printed, I can ask my printer guy to replace ONE slot on the ED-209 page with TWO sets of War Machine decals. I could then charge you the same price as the ED-209 set, because they would be taking up that much space on the page. (plus a set-up fee, because the printer has to change his template) Sound fair?

Thanks for your interest, and for your kind compliments.
View attachment 109018

Nice research on all of the decals! :clap Passion for the small details and screen accuracy; a man after my own heart

I'd be in for the WM decals depending if I think they are easy enough for my novice hands to apply. I wanted them since I saw them in the WM thread but I'm not too comfortable spraying these expensive little dudes

I never got the time to get this guy out of the box and it killing me :panic:! Tonight's the night though.

But I did get to catch up on the thread. Can anyone report in with more success stories of removing the legs, or was it just the one guy so far that said he did it a few times with ease? Also to the guys with open displays and the original ED, how bad is the dust issue? Is it that impossible to clean it up thoroughly? Do you think the new material will be easier to maintain in this sense than the old rubber?

Nice research on all of the decals! :clap Passion for the small details and screen accuracy; a man after my own heart

I'd be in for the WM decals depending if I think they are easy enough for my novice hands to apply. I wanted them since I saw them in the WM thread but I'm not too comfortable spraying these expensive little dudes

I dont have mine under glass or anything and he barely gets any dust at all. The dome was a little sticky the 1st day but not so much now and the dust is very minimal, at least on mine.

I've heard of two guys pulling it off, but nothing on video or anything of the sort.

These things are so stiff, that unless I see it, I don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was so skeptical id get this but after seeing some of these in hand pics it looks amazing. now i gata make room for one lol. been while since i bought a ht so glad this is the re start

I've heard of two guys pulling it off, but nothing on video or anything of the sort.

These things are so stiff, that unless I see it, I don't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You put yours together already, right? And you can't see them coming off? Yikes. Did you try?

I saw that someone posted pics of their reoacked one so I have hope that these break back down (like they should). I'm hoping some people who have pulled it off can chime in

I dont have mine under glass or anything and he barely gets any dust at all. The dome was a little sticky the 1st day but not so much now and the dust is very
minimal, at least on mine.

Thanks for the info :duff

Any other thoughts on the dust issue out there?

Back