Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, please sell me on this. Haha. After seeing the review that you posted recently, I'm worried about spending $410 on a figure that can't be played around with or articulated really well, so hopefully like others have been saying, that is not the case. It does looks beautifully crafted with detail but I don't really want him in one pose either. I have my eyes on the target but can't get myself to pull the trigger quite yet... but then again, the new line of toys recently announced has also got me hesitating.

Im not a statue guy, i want my replicas to be fully articulated, being able to take as many poses as possible.
This ed is a beautifully engineered mech, its articulated everywhere, you can put it in basically in any pose you like.
Its a magnificient piece.
Get it you wont regret it.

I liked the smell, didn't know if it was the paint of the rubber/silicone
It didn't last long, one day and I couldn't even detect the odor

Got my backdrop in today, will get some pics with ed in it after I set it up

What backdrop are you using & where'd you get it?

Im not a statue guy, i want my replicas to be fully articulated, being able to take as many poses as possible.
This ed is a beautifully engineered mech, its articulated everywhere, you can put it in basically in any pose you like.
Its a magnificient piece.
Get it you wont regret it.

Well said and i couldn't have said it better. The voice does suck though.

Just a few shots you might enjoy....

146187_full.jpg

146188_full.jpg

146189_full.jpg

146190_full.jpg

146191_full.jpg

146192_full.jpg

146193_full.jpg

146194_full.jpg

146195_full.jpg

146196_full.jpg

146197_full.jpg

146198_full.jpg

146199_full.jpg

146200_full.jpg

146201_full.jpg

Here is a few of mine, I've been too busy playing with him:

Attachments

• P5040021.JPG
    P5040021.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 259
  • P5040026.JPG
    P5040026.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 257
  • P5040028.JPG
    P5040028.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 264
  • P5040032.JPG
    P5040032.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 261
  • P5040035.JPG
    P5040035.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 261
  • P5040041.JPG
    P5040041.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 269
Those are great pics!
Ok, some of you are going to think I'm mad... MAD I tell you!!!!... and I am, but I can't help it; Here's another decal I discovered on the life-size prop, which I have added to the decal set. Can you see it? Can you?... Look closer... closer... There it is! Wow!!!
CN49 decal, 2.5 mm x 1mm.jpg
It's so tiny, but it clearly reads 'CN49' ... The location on the HT ED-209 where it should be applied is even the right size and shape to receive it. (As you can see, the prop wire plugs are made of a milky-white translucent plastic, so I'm going to paint all of mine off-white or very light gray before I apply this tiny decal.)
The scaled-down decal measures 2.5mm x 1mm... so I'm including a few extras on the page, in case you need back-up.
I also made some proportional refinements, and I deleted the text decal 'ED-209 LAW ENFORCEMENT ROBOT', and replaced it with 'ENFORCEMENT DROID SERIES 209'. Here's a medium-low res image, followed by an actual size (super-low res) image.
FULL SET MEDIUM RES FINAL.jpg
FULL SET ACTUAL SIZE DEMO.jpg

Last edited:
It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to the future of law enforcement, ed 209

cc8f89d8dc00fdcbfbfd18489c892d26.jpg

9c5f4aa7f964b7810c3019aab470702e.jpg

43050b28221ff31428336ec00899c199.jpg

e74d28bab943232ab9996677c6678fac.jpg

I need to get matching carpet, the print came out with a purple hue but it doesn't bother me and might work well when robo gets here

Well holy ****. That backdrop is pretty cool. I've seen his thread, I may get one of those. I see he's also doing a T2 steel mill one.

Well holy ****. That backdrop is pretty cool. I've seen his thread, I may get one of those. I see he's also doing a T2 steel mill one.
Thanks, my lighting and camera sucks, I'm sure you guys can make it look a ton better
He even offered to send me another one, with less purple hue but I'm happy with the final product

I need to check out his t2 one

The 1/6 backdrop set looks amazing... must be nice to have room for it in your house. It occurs to me that YOU might be a candidate for the 'control panel on wheels' accessory I mentioned before. If I don't make them, SOMEBODY needs to, because it would look great sitting next to ED on that mini-set.

The 1/6 backdrop set looks amazing... must be nice to have room for it in your house. It occurs to me that YOU might be a candidate for the 'control panel on wheels' accessory I mentioned before. If I don't make them, SOMEBODY needs to, because it would look great sitting next to ED on that mini-set.
I would probably get one
The guy that made it offered to put characters in the scene but I think a real panel would look a ton better

I would probably get one
The guy that made it offered to put characters in the scene but I think a real panel would look a ton better
I agree. Once you start putting characters in, then you need more... and more... and then you need the scale model of Delta City... and then a bank of twenty 1/6 scale working tv monitors in one wall... before you know it the boardroom needs to be a full-on 1/6 space! I think the panel with two tiny orange LEDs would be very nice. If you go back a few pages, I posted photos of the panel's control surface that shows all the knobs and detail very clearly. The only part of the whole piece that remains a bit hazy detail-wise, is the chrome-colored swing arms, for raising the 'lid'.

Last edited:
Can someone who has this in hand describe the type of material used for the dome? Durability? Hard or soft material? thanks!

Can someone who has this in hand describe the type of material used for the dome? Durability? Hard or soft material? thanks!

How about you read the thread?

Sorry man, usually I answer to such a question but HOW OFTEN did the owners of the figure already tell us what material it is???!!!

It's thin, soft rubber or silicone that sometimes tends to smell.

Sorry but even me who followed the thread probably saw the correct answer only once.
If it bothers you to respond, just dont :)

Back