Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really think information on the dome needs to be a sticky on the first page. For those not familiar with the thread, 1883 posts is a lot of reading to do.

It would need to be in the largest text size right, in bold, and right at the top. Even at that though, I don't think people will check the first page.

People, I hate to seem like I am flooding this thread with my decal obsession, but I have made a major breakthrough:
I remember earlier some people talking about how some of the original decals on the animation model and life-size prop contained biting humor, in the same spirit as the film itself. Well, I'm excited to report that I have discovered exactly what one of those printed jokes was, and where. Instead of settling for Hot Toys' DANGEROUS SUBTANCES, or even my corrected spelling and syntax of that decal, I have the goods! I have figured out what that decal actually said in the film, and also discovered another nearby decal which is part of the joke.
The four large rectangular decals located on the inside (black and white) and outside (black and red) of the lower leg areas on the life-size prop, read as follows:

MAX PSI RADIAL (maybe a joke about tires?)
ED-209/3798 CRSL:R20
DO NOT OPEN FUEL CELL
EXTREME INTAKE HAZARD

Directly below the right corner of each of these four large decals, are four very small corresponding red ones; On the HT figure, these are solid red protruding rectangles. However, in the film they have small printed text on them, which reads 'OPEN'; these obviously are supposed to be buttons. So the joke is basically DANGER: DO NOT OPEN, with a shiny red button right below to open... sounds like Verhoeven humor to me.
Here's the updated image (low-res) for those who are interested.
FULL SET medium RES Alternate MAX PSI.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone who has this in hand describe the type of material used for the dome? Durability? Hard or soft material? thanks!

You know that gripper stuff you put underneath mats and rugs to stop them slipping on wooden floors?

Bingo!

51A1HCcdfTL._SY300_.jpg

Nice Anthrapoid! How did you find out??
I was conducting a final search on the bluray for any decals which I might have missed before. I can zoom-in and rotate the image on screen. First, I noticed the small red and black 'OPEN' buttons. Then I realized that the text of the larger decals above did NOT say 'DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES' at the top; they obviously said something else. I had to search through every scene containing the life-size prop and the animation model; I zoomed in, rotated, adjusted brightness and contrast in pause mode, and figured out each character along the way. Eventually everything fit, and it made sense- and I got the jokes. It took hours... anyone who wishes to reward my efforts and get some decals, pm me.

I don't get it and since Anthrapoid's got me on ignore:
Does that mean that his new decals need to be placed on the inside, or completely instead of?
And why?
The movie shows the puppet with dangerous subtances?!?!?!?

Anthrapoid, first of all I just have to say phenomenal job on all of your research and attention to detail! Second, I would be interested in getting those decals along with any sound files you have if I may. Are you going to include the decal on his elbow to replace that irritating upside-down "you'll lose your fingers" warning?

Anthrapoid, first of all I just have to say phenomenal job on all of your research and attention to detail! Second, I would be interested in getting those decals along with any sound files you have if I may. Are you going to include the decal on his elbow to replace that irritating upside-down "you'll lose your fingers" warning?
Hmmmmmmm..... I'm aware that 'finger warning' decal does belong on the gun pod just behind the missile launcher, but you say it does NOT belong on the elbow?... That's news to me. What belongs there???
(and hey- thanks for the compliments. pm me.)

Wait- I just noticed what you mean; it's upside-down on the right elbow, and right-side up on the left. If it's the correct decal for that location, then yes- I'll add it to the decal set.

Back