Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One man can't have enough Robocop.

Excellent display Wanderer! How are you liking that EB Robo, btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just say this... No big deal, I'm going to continue to post updates about the decals and resin domes. Right now I'm taking measurements of the decal areas on ED, so I can scale them correctly for printing.

That rubber does have a STRONG smell..
Strange, my rubber dome has no smell at all. This makes me think of what happened back in 2008 i think- when the HT ALIEN Dallas & Kane were released, I was talking with people on that thread... some said the rubber suits had a bad smell, and some had no smell. Then months later, some people started to see the rubber suits breaking down, coming apart at the seams, and some people (like myself, fortunately) didn't have that problem at all.
I'll say now what I said then: Different batches of silicone might be mixed by humans who combine the base silicone with the catalyst in the wrong proportions, causing some items to break down over time, while other last forever... it's a crap-shoot.

Dunno if this was already posted but someone did an audio comparison of the voice of ED-209 from the movie vs HT's.

Dunno if this was already posted but someone did an audio comparison of the voice of ED-209 from the movie vs HT's.

Lol, what a fail on an epic figure, even the sound is great on the fig, just a foreign voice

I cringe whenever I hear the asian accent of ED. I wish there was a way to overwrite the HT voice with the original.

One man can't have enough Robocop.

Excellent display Wanderer! How are you liking that EB Robo, btw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate
I've had a QC nightmare with the Enterbay Robo. Head has issues turning left and right because it doesn't plug into the neck properly, the fingers posable hands fall off if you stare at them too long but the worst crime was that they didn't pack the Burke headsculpt.
I'm getting that sorted with them now but it did spoil my enjoyment. It is a sexy figure though other than that!

They really cheaped out on the voice. Howard, I'm very disappointed :(

I also have had problems getting the head to plug in. Make sure there are 2 rubber washers on the plug, apply a little force. Its not a very good fit mind you.

I also have had problems getting the head to plug in. Make sure there are 2 rubber washers on the plug, apply a little force. Its not a very good fit mind you.

I had to take the washers off in the end and used bluetack to stabilise it. Just can't get those washers to slip in.
Enterbay CS said they're used for friction but it's really badly designed.

Did anybody else but me have a hard time getting the arms on? The voice sounds exactly like it did on OMG's vid, I was hoping in person it would be better but its that bad :slap Its a shame too cuz all the sound itself is so crisp and clear. I don't get why they bothered to do the sound feature and then they cut corners on it and do it as cheap as they could :dunno

Had a move around with a couple of displays and got the Robocop section settled here now with a mirrored background. Quite happy with it.

5A1EE785-5E37-4C60-A5E8-572DB91D33BE.jpg

I've finished scaling the decals so they are the correct sizes relative to each other, and they will all fit on the ED-209.
Here's a low-res image of what the final decal sets will look like for interested parties. Keep in mind, this is a LOW-RESOLUTION image only, so you won't be able to read the smaller text in this image.
The ultra-high resolution image I have, will be sent to the printer. The printed decals WILL have even the smallest text and details intact.
FULL SET MEDIUM RES FINAL.jpg

I've finished scaling the decals so they are the correct sizes relative to each other, and they will all fit on the ED-209.
Here's a low-res image of what the final decal sets will look like for interested parties. Keep in mind, this is a LOW-RESOLUTION image only, so you won't be able to read the smaller text in this image.
The ultra-high resolution image I have, will be sent to the printer. The printed decals WILL have even the smallest text and details intact.
View attachment 107377

Awesome work mate!

View attachment 107377

That is awesome work! Just wondering if you don't mind sharing the high resolution? I'd love to add these to my ed, though I'm no way as talented as you are in this stuff, superb work!

Back