Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've finished scaling the decals so they are the correct sizes relative to each other, and they will all fit on the ED-209.
Here's a low-res image of what the final decal sets will look like for interested parties. Keep in mind, this is a LOW-RESOLUTION image only, so you won't be able to read the smaller text in this image.
The ultra-high resolution image I have, will be sent to the printer. The printed decals WILL have even the smallest text and details intact.
View attachment 107377

Those decals look awesome, man. Great work.

Just noticed HT got the spelling on the 'Dangerous Substances' decal correct on the old ED-209. For the English part anyway. Tha ****.

Dunno if this was already posted but someone did an audio comparison of the voice of ED-209 from the movie vs HT's.

Wow, that really sucks... not sure why they'd bother adding a voice feature since most high-end collectors don't want or expect them. And if they do, at this price point I expect the actual audio or at the very least a near indistinguishable version. It's not like I watch Robocop every week, hell it's probably been at least a year since I've seen it, but instantly you can tell the voice is way off. Shoddy work on an otherwise incredible figure.

I've finished scaling the decals so they are the correct sizes relative to each other, and they will all fit on the ED-209.
Here's a low-res image of what the final decal sets will look like for interested parties. Keep in mind, this is a LOW-RESOLUTION image only, so you won't be able to read the smaller text in this image.
The ultra-high resolution image I have, will be sent to the printer. The printed decals WILL have even the smallest text and details intact.
View attachment 107377

Great!
Can't wait to see your result ob the figure!!!!

:rotfl Thanks for sharing. My God HT is so lame sometimes. They do such amazing things and then half ass the rest. Ridiculous...

And what possessed them to want to add sounds anyway? Because NECA was doing it?

Last edited:
Howard: I'm sure its just a glitch sir. A temporary setback.

But seriously EB didn't pack the Burke head with your Robocop?? What a bunch of **** ups. :slap

Yep absolutely ridiculous. Didn't even realise until I had Robo out of the box and started hunting around for it.

Strange, my rubber dome has no smell at all. This makes me think of what happened back in 2008 i think- when the HT ALIEN Dallas & Kane were released, I was talking with people on that thread... some said the rubber suits had a bad smell, and some had no smell. Then months later, some people started to see the rubber suits breaking down, coming apart at the seams, and some people (like myself, fortunately) didn't have that problem at all.
I'll say now what I said then: Different batches of silicone might be mixed by humans who combine the base silicone with the catalyst in the wrong proportions, causing some items to break down over time, while other last forever... it's a crap-shoot.

Yeah, mine nearly gave me a freaking headache REALLY strong smell. It's better now, it set it aside next to an open window all night, will try to assemble it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine nearly gave me a freaking headache REALLY strong smell. It's better now, it set it aside next to an open window all night, will try to assemble it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked the smell, didn't know if it was the paint of the rubber/silicone
It didn't last long, one day and I couldn't even detect the odor

Got my backdrop in today, will get some pics with ed in it after I set it up

That is awesome work! Just wondering if you don't mind sharing the high resolution? I'd love to add these to my ed, though I'm no way as talented as you are in this stuff, superb work!
Thank you for the kind compliments, I'm glad you like my work.
Allow me to answer your question by quoting HAL 9000: "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
I didn't want to come right out and say it before, but you force my hand; this is not the appropriate place to advertise, and I haven't yet updated (paid for) my account for selling, but it was subtly implied: I need to sell the decals for actual money. The printer I work with charges a minimum full page price, and it's pretty steep. The first printing run also carries a one-time setup fee. The only way I can afford do this is to charge a bit of good 'ol fashioned $ for the decals. Rest assured, the quality and detail is extremely high; A few years ago I sold decals for the HT War Machine, and got positive feedback from all buyers. The War Machine decals were fewer in number than ED-209, just five small images, and they took up much less space on the expensive real estate of the decal page. The War Machine decal sets were so small, 48 sets fit on one page. For ED-209, the full page won't fit a large number of decal sets; perhaps only 8 sets per page.
This reduced image shows the actual size of one decal set. (depending on your screen resolution) Remember, this image is super-low resolution. The actual decals will be vastly more detailed.
FULL SET, LOW-RES ACTUAL SIZE DEMO.jpg

Last edited:
Anthrapoid, I look forward to seeing before and after shots with and without the decals! We're thinking of doing something with the sound chip?

Allow me to answer your question by quoting HAL 9000: "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
I didn't want to come right out and say it before, but you force my hand; this is not the appropriate place to advertise, and I haven't yet updated (paid for) my account for selling, but it was subtly implied: I need to sell the decals for actual money. The printer I work with charges a minimum full page price, and it's pretty steep. The first printing run also carries a one-time setup fee. The only way I can afford do this is to charge a bit of good 'ol fashioned $ for the decals. Rest assured, the quality and detail is extremely high; A few years ago I sold decals for the HT War Machine, and got positive feedback from all buyers. The War Machine decals were fewer in number than ED-209, just five small images, and they took up much less space on the expensive real estate of the decal page. The War Machine decal sets were so small, 48 sets fit on one page. For ED-209, the full page won't fit a large number of decal sets; perhaps only 8 sets per page.
This reduced image shows the actual size of one decal set. (depending on your screen resolution) Remember, this image is super-low resolution. The actual decals will be vastly more detailed.
View attachment 107472

Looking forward to this!

View attachment 107472

I got the War Machine decals, and I can say they were superb, looking forward to getting these too.

Anthrapoid, I look forward to seeing before and after shots with and without the decals! We're thinking of doing something with the sound chip?
I have isolated the sound effects and voice clips, except the the crappy 'reconstruction' that HT did of the penal code violation quote... I spread the wav files around, in the hopes that someone would figure out a mod for this. The sound feature isn't important to me, but IF they were longer clips, and ALL taken from the actual film track, then it would be more appealing and I'd use it once in a while. Even the real film effects clips are too short and have abrupt starts and stops, which bothers the hell out of me. What's the rush?
I've looked online for sound devices which can have wav or mp3 files loaded onto them, but I haven't found any yet. Only real-time analog recording modules, intended for greeting cards and stuffed animals, which would sound horrible. I even considered using a small mp3 player, and hooking it up to the existing speaker inside ED. That presents new problems; for one, I've never seen a compact mp3 player with a remote control.
I think this job isn't for me, but someone might figure it out. My advice for the first step, would be to FIND a small device that can have wav files loaded onto it, and having a remote with that would be a big plus.

I got the War Machine decals, and I can say they were superb, looking forward to getting these too.

Thanks very much for the kind endorsement; I'm glad you're happy with your WM decals. I'm also happy that many people can see what I'm trying to do here: I'm simply creating an option to mod your ED to represent either the life-size 'boardroom massacre' version, or the animation model, or the best of both.

Last edited:
Yes, please sell me on this. Haha. After seeing the review that you posted recently, I'm worried about spending $410 on a figure that can't be played around with or articulated really well, so hopefully like others have been saying, that is not the case. It does looks beautifully crafted with detail but I don't really want him in one pose either. I have my eyes on the target but can't get myself to pull the trigger quite yet... but then again, the new line of toys recently announced has also got me hesitating.

Back