Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Sideshow employees at SDCC said he was pretty sure the dome (at least on the proto on display at the show) was soft plastic as opposed to rubber. He said Sideshow would talk to Hot Toys about making sure that doesn't happen again, because the rubber deterioration reflects badly on them, as well.

I just saw one bid off for 265 with free shipping on eBay. That seller is not happy

Can't stop progress...can't put a dollar amount on the enjoyment he's had while he possessed the figure either, unless he was a flipper in which case I can't say I feel bad...

Can't stop progress...can't put a dollar amount on the enjoyment he's had while he possessed the figure either, unless he was a flipper in which case I can't say I feel bad...
He's talking about the new version, but seller has only 11 +ve feedback at 86.7%.

It'll never appear on the buyers doorstep.

He's talking about the new version, but seller has only 11 +ve feedback at 86.7%.

It'll never appear on the buyers doorstep.

I see...well awesome dealer for the buyer then. Isn't that why there's a reserve for sellers haha...either he didn't know or was over-confident?

He was saying it's probably a scam like the recent ones with Hawkeye and Wolverine, etc. Either that or he just won't send it. He's got horrible feedback, and probably too cheap to pay for reserve pricing.

One of the Sideshow employees at SDCC said he was pretty sure the dome (at least on the proto on display at the show) was soft plastic as opposed to rubber. He said Sideshow would talk to Hot Toys about making sure that doesn't happen again, because the rubber deterioration reflects badly on them, as well.
really great news.
though i don't know why to use soft plastic at all to represent shiny metal-looking mech :dunno

ed1.jpg

really great news.
though i don't know why to use soft plastic at all to represent shiny metal-looking mech :dunno

ed1.jpg

I don't think that quite counts as news. None of us should get our hopes up based on not much more than a chat.
The guy at the Sideshow booth said he was pretty sure it was soft plastic, but he also said Hot Toys' own people set it up, and he couldn't get any better look at it than anybody else at the Con...at least until after the show; I didn't get a chance to talk to him then. Also, while he said Sideshow reps would talk to Hot Toys about not having a repeat of the rubber problem, and I recommended he tell someone it should be hard plastic, the fact is that ultimately Howard Chan and his people make the real decisions for Hot Toys products, even though their largest distributor should have some sway.
Again, I wouldn't call it news, because we really don't know what'll happen.

Last edited:
i see. thanks for additional explanation.
i imagine some devoted fan attacking the displayed figure one day to check the truth :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Do they have HT reps at those events or just the pretty presenter girls? Maybe someone could ask one of them.

Ah don't worry guys.

I repaired my dome of the original ED209 as shown in that YouTube vid.
It looked even better than the origibal in my opinion.

But I think they'll improve the dome material.

They improved the Batman suit on the DX12 after all. ;)

Those 2 next to each other are going to be amazing, most probably won't fit on a detolf shelf but I'll find a place :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back