Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks.

I was hoping the price would make it linger a bit. I really need to finish off the '89 Batmobile payments before I go buy any more way too expensive stuff. :slap

I'm hoping the same thing. I only started collecting back in march, but can anyone tell me how long Iron Monger stayed around on SSC? I know it's still on BBTS last time I checked.

Cool, thanks.

I was hoping the price would make it linger a bit. I really need to finish off the '89 Batmobile payments before I go buy any more way too expensive stuff. :slap

I am not saying that this is correct, I stress that most strongly indeed, but I have the ED-209 POed from SSC and so I just checked my account on the new site.

As you say, there is no entry for ED, it's there in my POs with a 'Photo coming soon' label in the thumbnail space so I know one will come to me, but I noticed that there were several other empty thumbnail spaces in my order history too. Quite a lot so I checked them. They are all the one I already have but that have sold out. I know that such a large and expensive item to sell out so quickly is not the norm, but why waste bandwidth putting up pictures of stock you no longer have to sell? :dunno

Just a thought.

Yeah, a bit surprising. I thought it would hang around for longer at that price. Exact message states: "This product has sold out and is no longer available from our website."

I wonder if it's a mistake though, because there's note even a Wait List option for it.

I just ordered mine through ssc. Thats true google search then order. I dont want to miss out.

I use my mobile search type ed 209. Then click on the sideshow link. It will appear on the mobile version. Not on the full website. Order though mobile version. I just check its still there for preorder.

Wow...I can't believe this sold out already!!!!

Oh well, ordered from Alter Ego. I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys until mine arrives a week or two later.

Doesn't matter much anymore who you order through. SSCs used to be worth paying the extra cost because they had a great return/EXCHANGE policy. After the recent '89 Batmobile issue an them offering no exchanges, they will likely take the same approach with this large expensive item.

I dont know why you all cant find ed 209. Its still on their site. I just added another one to my shopping cart. I am using the mobile version. Works with no problems. I think the new website has problems though.

:hi5: use your google search. It works.

Clearly not for everyone! You on your smartphone are clearly oK, but obviously not folks on a home based PC.

I have already ordered this so I am happy, but not everyone has had a chance to order and not everyone has an smartphone. And when I call up the order page using the link from my own PO details it comes up with the same info as the previous poster has shown...ie, it's out of stock.

Like I said before, it must just be wild coincidence that it does the same for all my other sold out orders.

If it's a problem then SSC really need to get it sorted ASAP! Not too sure that I like the layout of the new site anyway, and if it's already causing problems that are costing them sales....:slap

Last edited:
He's right. It comes up on a google search. Takes you right to the page, you can log in and add it to your cart. But I didn't want to take a risk if this thing has a lower than usual production run. So I just placed the order through Alter Ego.

Wouldn't be the first time I've had an order cancelled from SSCs because they didn't get the allotment they anticipated.

Doesn't matter but a few weeks give or take cause SSCs customer service is now par for the course. No more above & beyond CS like the olden days.

I could cancel and place that order but its still coming from SSCs...just not direct. Same price, same CS, same product. I just don't want to get stuck scrambling to buy this somewhere else if SSCs main site is correct. I missed this the first time around, don't want to miss it this time. Not sure why I waited to order but I wanted to see it at SDCC first along with a bunch of other pre-orders.

I want to preorder ED but feel like I've spent too much money in the last month lol.

And to confirm with everyone else, it's still available on the ss website.

Just do a product search on ED-209. It's still available for preorder.

I use my mobile search type ed 209. Then click on the sideshow link. It will appear on the mobile version. Not on the full website. Order though mobile version. I just check its still there for preorder.

He's right. It comes up on a google search. Takes you right to the page, you can log in and add it to your cart. But I didn't want to take a risk if this thing has a lower than usual production run. So I just placed the order through Alter Ego.

Wouldn't be the first time I've had an order cancelled from SSCs because they didn't get the allotment they anticipated.

Doesn't matter but a few weeks give or take cause SSCs customer service is now par for the course. No more above & beyond CS like the olden days.

I could cancel and place that order but its still coming from SSCs...just not direct. Same price, same CS, same product. I just don't want to get stuck scrambling to buy this somewhere else if SSCs main site is correct. I missed this the first time around, don't want to miss it this time. Not sure why I waited to order but I wanted to see it at SDCC first along with a bunch of other pre-orders.

I want to preorder ED but feel like I've spent too much money in the last month lol.

And to confirm with everyone else, it's still available on the ss website.

OK, let's establish some sort of basis for comparison....

I don't have a smartphone (yes, yes, I know...catch up you slowpoke!:lol) I have accessed it via my home PC. On this, and using every permutation of the symbols E, D, 2, 0 and 9, it always goes to this...

...showing that it does indeed seem to be out of stock

So all three of you that are saying that you have ordered it (Really, I am not doubting you, regardless of how that sentence sounds when written down) are all ordering via your smartphones?

If this is correct, please do confirm on here and I shall let SSC know that they really have a problem with the new site's operation.

Going through my PO link it takes me to an "archived/sold out" page too.

I know this isn't the usual HT figure, but lately they make so many of any given unit, I would highly doubt anything HT would sell out before shipping. Unless the PO numbers have been very low.

I do think it's just a web page coding mistake.

OK, let's establish some sort of basis for comparison....

I don't have a smartphone (yes, yes, I know...catch up you slowpoke!:lol) I have accessed it via my home PC. On this, and using every permutation of the symbols E, D, 2, 0 and 9, it always goes to this...

...showing that it does indeed seem to be out of stock

So all three of you that are saying that you have ordered it (Really, I am not doubting you, regardless of how that sentence sounds when written down) are all ordering via your smartphones?

If this is correct, please do confirm on here and I shall let SSC know that they really have a problem with the new site's operation.

The ED preorder page comes up immediately on my Samsung Galaxy but you're right, only shows as sold out on my laptop and desktop PC.

Back