Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand your position, but I've been producing decals for quite a while. The printer guy who converts my Photoshop images into decals does amazing work. I did the notorious missing decals for the IRONMAN II War Machine; The decals are printed on extremely thin film. Trim the edges away, lacquer gloss coat, then matte coat... and you can't even detect any edges at all. The War Machine was dark plastic with white decal images; ED-209 is the opposite. That will make the transparent areas of the decals even less visible. Also, War Machine had a slightly bumpy surface texture, as you can see in the photos. ED-209 has smooth decal areas, so the very thin decals will lay flat. I've been an avid modeler since about 1972, so I know from experience.
I am discovering and reproducing more ED-209 decals almost daily, from both the animation model and the life-size prop, and in some cases correcting the existing ones. Here's a hint of what they will look like when properly applied.

You've been modeling since 72 and you still have decals that aren't aligned and contouring to the panel lines naturally. Shame on you. :wink1: Might just be an illusion caused by the flash, etc.

You might want to look at dry transfer decals. I've been using them forever, they save the extra fiddly work, with the results being nearly identical to pad printed. A light dust with matte clear cote to make them more durable and you're done.

Untitled30_zps0fd095d0.jpg

Untitled29_zpsb84509ba.jpg

Untitled28_zps62da4776.jpg

Untitled27_zps734ddf4d.jpg

Untitled26_zps28130e41.jpg

Untitled25_zps5d432b88.jpg

Untitled24_zps2a20ccad.jpg

Untitled23_zps48dd3708.jpg

Untitled22_zps6413044c.jpg

Untitled21_zpsb704bb09.jpg

Buy it directly from a Hong Kong seller like I did.. I allready have this figure for two weeks now :wink1:

German customs is really busy opening EVERY package coming in from overseas.
I don't know how often I've been at their office to open small envelopes containing CDs...

And with taxes it is unnecessary to buy in HK since it's even more expensive than buying at a local retailer...

The only good thing of this is that I have my two years EU warranty!

great....I'm on flex pay and final payment is setup for late next month! Do I call SS to convert it to be shipped out now?

No dice, they stated that the first batch delivered was already marked for standard pre-orders. A 2nd batch which already cleared port will start delivering in 4 to 5 business days. I guess I may never give Side-Show my money early again...LOL flex pay has to wait I guess. Bad business model if you ask me, FILO?! Oh well I will have to impatiently wait like the rest of us freaks =D

I was on flex as well,and mine comes tomorrow. Always choose the 5th when you flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand your position, but I've been producing decals for quite a while. The printer guy who converts my Photoshop images into decals does amazing work. I did the notorious missing decals for the IRONMAN II War Machine; The decals are printed on extremely thin film. Trim the edges away, lacquer gloss coat, then matte coat... and you can't even detect any edges at all. The War Machine was dark plastic with white decal images; ED-209 is the opposite. That will make the transparent areas of the decals even less visible. Also, War Machine had a slightly bumpy surface texture, as you can see in the photos. ED-209 has smooth decal areas, so the very thin decals will lay flat. I've been an avid modeler since about 1972, so I know from experience.
I am discovering and reproducing more ED-209 decals almost daily, from both the animation model and the life-size prop, and in some cases correcting the existing ones. Here's a hint of what they will look like when properly applied.

Just curious, why do you spray a gloss coat first?

Back