Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

I have been reading this forum for weeks and weeks as I was this close to buying an ED. I am completely shattered like the rest of you. I have also been pasting pics and links on Hot Toys facebook page.

Lets all fight together, joint this page (not my page) "Hot Toys Ed209 V2 Rubber is Rotting" on facebook.

Also, join 'Hot Toys' page on facebook and post photos and links from this forum. Get the word out there.

Together we can FORCE Hot Toys to do something about this.

Hey guys,

I have been reading this forum for weeks and weeks as I was this close to buying an ED. I am completely shattered like the rest of you. I have also been pasting pics and links on Hot Toys facebook page.

Lets all fight together, joint this page (not my page) "Hot Toys Ed209 V2 Rubber is Rotting" on facebook.

Also, join 'Hot Toys' page on facebook and post photos and links from this forum. Get the word out there.

Save your energy.

Hey guys,

Hey, man. Welcome to the board.

Not to rain your parade, but we tried it and the only thing HT does is pulling EDs in and saying: "Get your money from us if you bought through us, or official channels, or, if not, get your money back from your sellers, which are not official and send it back."

My seller told a friend of mine (on here too) and me that HT doesn't do a 2nd batch and just drag defective EDs away.
They won't do anything.

You need to something yourself.
Get some rubber care, or mod podge, or silicone grease and preserve the dome and sleeves yourself and maybe buy a new dome when the offer surfaces.

I've just bought some 303 aerospace protectant, I'll let you know how it goes, I'll try it on my old MK1 ED-209 too.

Just a question...
For those who have applied the mod-podge, is the Ed-209 easily mobile in the leg joints still?

From what I've heard, yes.
The rubber's softer to move and to the touch.

BTT: Love that he's back. I missed ED:

20140815_133052.jpg

Is any way to remove the legs? I've read some suggestions in the thread, but I can't do it. It's any video showing how to do it?

Hm, maybe not acrylic, then? Might be misremembering, but thought that the label advised it's water soluble. Maybe that only applies to its liquid form and not once it has dried?

Sick of this whole issue. How sad that any bumping of this thread is pretty much guaranteed to be about dome-rot, methods to preserve dome, leg removal so people can return it etc etc etc.

Back