Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent my back to SSC on Friday. Better to lose $35 total in shipping costs than having to work to make a $400 figure right. Sigh, I was looking forward to explaining mummy's giant robot of death to my child someday. Now I'll have to settle with an AT-AT.

I sent my back to SSC on Friday. Better to lose $35 total in shipping costs than having to work to make a $400 figure right. Sigh, I was looking forward to explaining mummy's giant robot of death to my child someday. Now I'll have to settle with an AT-AT.

I only paid $15 worn UPS. Are you very farm from SSC?

That's a poster you find when you type in "robocop mondo Poster" on google. Search for big pics.
I just edited out the logo and inserted the logo from the beginning of the movie.
Normally the title is way more simple.
Too simple for my taste.
But thx, buddy.

Great poster.
The artist go by the name, "Candy Killer".
He is from Ireland.

Great artist.
Great work.

In that same exact style and format, he also did:
- Alien
- Blade Runner
- Total Recall

Great poster.
The artist go by the name, "Candy Killer".
He is from Ireland.

Great artist.
Great work.

In that same exact style and format, he also did:
- Alien
- Blade Runner
- Total Recall

Yeah, exactly Jed.
Forgot the name, thx.
His style is excellent.
He made propaganda like T1 and 2 posters also...

I saw this puppy on display at my local Forbidden Planet at the weekend. They had it in a display case, right under a hot light. It will be interesting to go back periodically and see how long before the dome disintegrates.

Yeah, exactly Jed.
Forgot the name, thx.
His style is excellent.
He made propaganda like T1 and 2 posters also...

He does such awesome work. I geeked out on his work all the time.
Definitely one of the many great artists that I really look up to and respect.

Now I have to get those Terminator posters then.

He does such awesome work. I geeked out on his work all the time.
Definitely one of the many great artists that I really look up to and respect.

Now I have to get those Terminator posters then.

Yeah, same here.
But as far as I know they´re out everywhere.
But WOULD love too exchange them with my normal T1 and 2 movie posters.

:rock

Hey, man. Welcome to the board.

Not to rain your parade, but we tried it and the only thing HT does is pulling EDs in and saying: "Get your money from us if you bought through us, or official channels, or, if not, get your money back from your sellers, which are not official and send it back."

My seller told a friend of mine (on here too) and me that HT doesn't do a 2nd batch and just drag defective EDs away.
They won't do anything.

You need to something yourself.
Get some rubber care, or mod podge, or silicone grease and preserve the dome and sleeves yourself and maybe buy a new dome when the offer surfaces.

What a shame as I really want this ED-209. Just can't risk it.
I'm in Australia, so my only option is Ebay. So if it falls apart, I can't return it.
Will wait, hopefully they bring out a new batch in 6-12 months. Who knows.

So, I finally tried out my Silicone spray (made by WD40 - yellow/silver/black can).
because I was advised by someone that Silicone spray can prevent rubber from cracking.

So, I just wanna be on the safe side and tried it. I do not know if it does prevent the cracks or not, as mine are perfectly fine.
But the Silicone spray that I applied, if anything it enhanced the color of the dome. It gave it that rich deep black with a bit of sheen on it.
Look really nice in my opinion. Silicone spray does dry and it stayed that way also after it dries.

But I sure hope that it does serve the purpose to prevent rubber from cracking too.

Anyone purchased the Ed-209 from Pop Culture Zone? Are they able to help you to return it?

image.jpg

"ED-209s are law enforcement robots, 200 of which were deployed in pre-Judgment Day era Detroit. The robots showed a flawed pattern of logic, causing many unnecessary deaths of Detroit's citizens. Despite the malfunctions, the ED-209 robots were continually put on urban pacification duties."

Found this description, made me wanna take a pic =P

My ED209 is now 3 weeks old. No sign of cracking yet. i have a tub of mod podge ready for the first sign of deterioration. Gotta admit, i do love it. there's no way i could send it back. I'm prepared to fix it if necessary.

Man, I was on the fence about getting this, but all those posts with the dome situation made me not purchasing one... Damn you, Hot Toys!

I just took my ED-209 out of the box for the second time since it was delivered to me on June 26th. Mine has no cracking issues at the moment. It sits inside its brown shipper box in my living room. The room gets pretty hot during the day while I am at work but nothing I can do about it.

I just bought the Honda silicone grease and applied it on the dome with a microfiber towel just now. I have to put it back inside the box because I dont have a suitable case to display it at the moment. Will check back in a few days to see how it it looks.

Ok it's been 3 weeks since I applied the Honda silicone grease to my ED-209's rubber dome. It looks and feels exactly the same as it did before. I will do another second layer to even out the original grease spread. Probably doing that later this weekend.

IMG_6965.JPG

IMG_6966.JPG

Back