Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that this is going to help, but...
My experience with liquid rubbers of many different types makes me strongly suspect what Hot Toys is doing wrong: I think they are using a black pigment that is incompatible with the rubber type itself. The flex tubes and the domes are all black; I Don't think it's the glue, as some have supposed. The elbow and hip rubber has no glue involved, yet they are degrading just as the domes are. I think they are using the same recipe as they did in 2006, which includes a black pigment that reacts with the base rubber. When exposed to the air, oxidation causes the reaction to advance. (my theory)
WHY can't I work at Hot Toys, to research and produce accurate decals, AND to deal with the rubber intelligently???
Oh... because I'm not a money-grubbing bastard; I forgot.

Dude, not to sound harsh, but they don't need you. I'd wager any rubber manufacturer could produce moulded rubber of any colour that would last for years if not exposed to the weather. Or like I said previously, produce them not with rubber but a soft vinyl, which, again, would easily last for years.

I'm ****ed if I know how they managed to **** it up this bad, to be honest.

I pick mine up from the PO tomorrow. Let's see how it arrives.

After studying mine for the last few days, I would imagine it will look fine out of the box.
Mine still does at a normal inspection level. But it's still starting to oxidise.

I got a message back from Timcent, yes it's happening over there as well, lots of unhappy people but at the moment HT don't want to know about it.

All I can suggest is place pressure on them through social media. It's a powerful tool, if used correctly.

Don't bombard them with expletives, or even anger. A simple recitation of facts, backed up with photographic proof. Keep doing it. A single voice can get lost, but a thousand voices... harder to ignore.

All I can suggest is place pressure on them through social media. It's a powerful tool, if used correctly.

Don't bombard them with expletives, or even anger. A simple recitation of facts, backed up with photographic proof. Keep doing it. A single voice can get lost, but a thousand voices... harder to ignore.

My words exactly!!!

:exactly::goodpost:

When you really think about it, we should be really happy hot toys ****ed up again.
This is the perfect collectible. It is mint as long as it stays in the box and totally worthless once we take it out.
These geniusses.

The condition of my ED so far. It's livable now, but the damage has begun, and disaster is inevitable. I've contacted my dealer with pics, and he is forwarding it to Sideshow.

FrontRightofDomeCrackingHighlighted.jpg

Top-FrontofRightHipJoint.jpg

FrontofLeftHipJoint.jpg

RearofRightHipJoint.jpg

That's almost identical to mine at the moment.
:(

Well I knew hot toys had us bent over with this whole ED209 thing, but now there giving us the old reach around.

Same with mine. I have considered selling it before it inevitably happens, but I don't know if I feel right doing so. I really don't feel right selling this figure to some poor guy on ebay and taking advantage of the fact that he may not know about this issue yet.

Exactly but i believe some artist on this form will come with a solution.

Back