Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did it just snap or did something happen to it?

Oh i did it. I had this figure since it first came out and every year or so I repose or change something out. Was doing that this morning and it split right down the centre at the chin. I guess I just pulled the sides out a bit too far this time but I'm always very careful. Feels like the plastic has gotten brittle with age but I might be wrong.

Ah that sucks, sorry man. Toyanxiety doesn't have any Robo parts right now but you could keep checking there. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That part won't be easy to get considering it's not a 'switch out'/alternate part. No one can sell that and still have a full Robocop on their shelf. And you'd probably be talking about buying an entire head at least. I've never seen anyone selling just the chin-piece.

nobody's even selling a neck collar piece, and i'm one collar short.

Ah that sucks, sorry man. Toyanxiety doesn't have any Robo parts right now but you could keep checking there. Good luck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'll keep an eye on them, thanks.

I just noticed now that the glue splashed on the clean helmet too and of course when it tried to remove it, it took some paint with it. I'm having lousy luck here.

That part won't be easy to get considering it's not a 'switch out'/alternate part. No one can sell that and still have a full Robocop on their shelf. And you'd probably be talking about buying an entire head at least. I've never seen anyone selling just the chin-piece.

Yes exactly. This seems to be what I am seeing. But there are some full bodies on eBay so I have asked the sellers if they gave the head. May as well just try for a head now.

I think I can save this if I find the right paint. Does any one know what silver paint I can use on the helmet?

I'll keep an eye on them, thanks.

I just noticed now that the glue splashed on the clean helmet too and of course when it tried to remove it, it took some paint with it. I'm having lousy luck here.

Yes exactly. This seems to be what I am seeing. But there are some full bodies on eBay so I have asked the sellers if they gave the head. May as well just try for a head now.

I think I can save this if I find the right paint. Does any one know what silver paint I can use on the helmet?

I looked on ebay for you and couldn't find just the black chin piece. Your best bet may be to buy another head sculpt or a whole new figure unfortunately.

I appreciate that man, thanks. Yeah, I'd settle for just a whole head now at this stage.

No prob dude. Oddly enough I couldn't find just the head either. Maybe a little patience and one might show up.

Went to move around some of my Hot Toys and grabbed Robocop. He's been in the same pose pretty much since I bought him. Pretty standard pose, and always careful with posing him. Well I pick him up and his right arm falls off at the shoulder. I know I didn't bust him while posing him and no one else has touched him. I look in and the shoulder socket and it has multiple cracks in it and the shoulder/arm will not sit back in it. what the hell? This sucks. Any way to repair this or has anyone else had this issue? I hate when they do die cast and have plastic joints. They never hold up. I bought this brand new so its not like a reseller sold me a busted used one. :mad:

IMG_1017.jpg
IMG_4983.jpg
IMG_5421.jpg
IMG_6282.jpg

Aw no. That reminds me of the cracking neck adapters a few of my T-800s and the Reeve Superman had and there was nothing to be done there except buy new adapters.

Man that sucks. I wonder if you could slide a bit of metal tubing over the joint to reinforce it?

I had a scare a couple months ago when my entire figure toppled out of the detolf and completely broke apart when it hit the ground. Thankfully it all fit back together with no visible damage, but now I'm wondering if I might have cracked one of those joints in the process...

Yeah, i would watch the shoulder joint just in case the fall cracked it. I'm going to try a few things but not sure what will work and I've been lucky in never having to put one of my Hot Toys under the knife. I might have to try the metal tubing and see if that works. I don't think I can buy a replacement joint so i will have to see what i can do. I've fond a few videos online about repairing a shoulder. The shoulder neck joint assembly looks like this: The clear plastic is the original joint. Crappy they would use suck a brittle plastic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Went to move around some of my Hot Toys and grabbed Robocop. He's been in the same pose pretty much since I bought him. Pretty standard pose, and always careful with posing him. Well I pick him up and his right arm falls off at the shoulder. I know I didn't bust him while posing him and no one else has touched him. I look in and the shoulder socket and it has multiple cracks in it and the shoulder/arm will not sit back in it. what the hell? This sucks. Any way to repair this or has anyone else had this issue? I hate when they do die cast and have plastic joints. They never hold up. I bought this brand new so its not like a reseller sold me a busted used one. :mad:

View attachment 440035
View attachment 440036
View attachment 440037
View attachment 440038

You make me afraid to touch mine now.

So, someone wrote something about buying new joint parts.
Perhaps that fellow collector could share where to get those parts? ;)
Because I have NO idea.

Well I had to check both my RoboCops (Die-cast and Battle Damaged) and both their shoulders are good. They kind of made a sticking sound when I first turned them, but I guess that came from not moving them for so long. Worrying about the shoulders busting in the future does make me think about selling the Die-cast one now.

Back