Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Hot Toys die-cast version, and have never had any issues with it; but I'm thinking of selling mine too.

36630385_438075559993208_2420514298099924992_n.jpg

Got both sets on the shelf! Super glad to get them, the BBTS store credit sale is still going for the BD set. Only complain is the crotch grabber literally has no use on Robocop lol, it's way too small for his body.

What's wrong with it? It's in there straight his head is just angled.
It appears to be improperly seated; it's too high up. Did you detach the side of the chinguard when inserting it? That's the best way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

yes i guess it will stick to almost every synthetic surface. i used different with same effect. both clean and BD robocops stick to surfaces.
but i keep 2 spare clean bodies dismantled in plastic breakfast bags, like these two kinds below

1375278155_2263.jpg
PlasticBags-3.jpg

and just checked them after maybe half a year of storage - no sticking.
so better cover surfaces with breakfast bags.
though i didn't try to cover the chair and see what will happen, i just raised robocop itself so it doesn't touch the chair with any of his parts - hips & back - and covered the armrest with pieces of his original plastic packing to protect forearms & palms.

Are they cast in coloured plastic, or do they have actual painted parts?
it's something like soft plastic or very firm rubber for the seat, the back and armrests.

Sounds like the chairs themselves aren't properly sealed.
i tried one of these on a completely different seat.

%D1%81%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%89%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5%20%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B8%20(3).jpg

BD Robo stuck to it.

there were also cases, one of mine included, when extra fists stuck to original package's styrofoam.

no, the hands are a hard glossy plastic.

s-l400.jpg

when i was fixing one of fingers (one hand arrived with a broken peg between phalanxes, so i replaced it with a piece of needle and painted the ends with gloss black), i squeezed the ends of that needle with pliers and accidentally made a little scratch on one of the surfaces. if it was soft plastic, it would be smashed.
the gloss itself could react to styrofoam. but the main danger is chromed parts, which can stick to some surfaces and get a black spot with rainbow edges. as i said, it doesn't seem to react with plastic bags at all. but rubber and synthetic fabric melt the metal paint.
easily avoidable, as Robocop usually stands.
i also have a helmet in a BD Robo hand, they don't have gloss on them

s-l400.jpg

and the helmet doesn't seem to stick to them, though i check it very rarely.

Ah. So it's not the chair causing the sticking, but whatever paint they used to paint the figure itself? Weird. Although, that could probably be fixed with a gloss coat of Alclad sealer.

nah, it's easier to avoid contact or put plastic bags on surfaces than to apply anything to the paint and get a transparent glassy layer effect instead of almost metal.
p.s. i just checked the helmet in BD hand, and it's fine. no sticking, the paint on helmet didn't react.

I had read on here about the paint sticking issues and I have a piece of plastic film in between his ass and the chair.

Looking to buy one of these in the U.K. if anyone has one for sale dm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. So it's not the chair causing the sticking, but whatever paint they used to paint the figure itself? Weird. Although, that could probably be fixed with a gloss coat of Alclad sealer.

Interesting to know as I have added some plastic sheet to my chair, so its the figure hmm

Can anybody help me here please? The black jaw piece is broke on my Robocop this morning and I was wondering if anybody has this piece for sale? Or just he head sculpt if that is easier.

This is one of my favourite figures and I super gutted this piece broke.

IMG_3960.jpg

Back