Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished them! It's been a few years since I've touched an airbrush so I was a little apprehensive. Turns out airbrushing is like riding a bike. Only difference is I have to use glasses now for the close up stuff. Lol! I realize these aren't accurate to the true colors and I was just going from memory and bad online images for Robocop II. What I like to do is try and represent what I see on the screen, not the actual prop. Also keep in mind that even these photos wash the colors out and make the armor brighter than it really is. I hate that you can't see the glossiness of the armor and the deeper/richer coloration. Comments/criticism welcome:

Robocop I:

robo1_1.jpg

robo1_2.jpg

robo1_3.jpg

robo1_4.jpg

robo1_5.jpg

robo1_6.jpg

robo1_7.jpg

Robocop II:
robo2_1.jpg

robo2_2.jpg

robo2_3.jpg

robo2_4.jpg

robo2_5.jpg

robo2_6.jpg

robo2_7.jpg

robo2_8.jpg

Yup, same here.
Excellent paintjob...looks totally professional, but R1 and 2 look essentially the same.
You need to turn all hues down and overshadow those with a grey, or anthracite.
Dunno if you have something like that at your disposal though...

Wonderful paint job but I get more of a R2 vibe from it. There is a definite silver/grey look to the original suit that is not there in the sequel.

robocop-10-saint-pauly-wtf.jpg

V

415879.jpg

Thanks guys. I agree. Robo I was a little too much back and forth with the colors. That stuff adds up quickly. The camera also evens the two out for some reason as well. Definitely less blue in I than II but I agree I should have held back on the highlights and went darker.

Thanks guys. I agree. Robo I was a little too much back and forth with the colors. That stuff adds up quickly. The camera also evens the two out for some reason as well. Definitely less blue in I than II but I agree I should have held back on the highlights and went darker.

But don´t get us wrong here, man.
Your paintjob was professional and looks great.
:rock

Just a question guys:
I have the diecast Auto9 inserted into the holster and the leg doesn't close proberly at the knee, the cover is really loose there.
I tried to try it without the gun but the same thing happens.

The MMS266 doesn't seem to have that issue...

Did you experience the same thing and did you solve it? If yes, how?

Is anyone else's robo's legs loose in the hip joints? When I pick mine up the legs are so loose they sort of swing.. I've just got the BD robo and his legs are nice and tight..

Back