Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I took advantage of the coupon for Robo (w/o chair) and received him yesterday... to find his left arm loose and refusing to stay in the socket. Talk about disappointing... does Sideshow have a pretty good track record in making these things right? Thanks.

I also took advantage of the coupon for Robo, which was perfect timing, because I was actively looking for a deal, and I have to say I am very pleased. One observation I've made is that the sound is nice and loud on mine. I was hitting the button in another room and heard him perfectly. I had read on earlier posts that it was muffled and barely audible, I'm just glad everything turned out great and I have him in the collection!

Are the 30% off coupons something everyone gets via email or it's a random event? Been thinking about getting a Robocop for a while now.

Alright all I received in Robocop FINALLY after months of debate and I have to say I am more impressed by it in hand. Let me take it back, earlier this year I went into my local comic book shop and they had Robocop on display and I thought he look alright and nothing special for the price he was going for. I take it back now because now that I have him in hand he is WAAAYYYYYY better and though the color is completely inaccurate. In certain lighting the purple hues come out and it just looks awesome. Not much Die-Cast which his disappointing but is still a heavy bastard. The stand alone sucks because I'm afraid he'll tip over. The rubber I'm a little worried but I'm not bending his arms too much. Overall I'm very impressed by it and can't wait for the Battle Damage version. The sound feature I don't care too much about. I need to go pick up some batteries but I'm in no rush. Enjoy my one photo! He's worth it! I admit when I'm wrong and I was completely wrong by my opinion before. So if you're on the fence I say get him now before you'll regret it! Oh and I got mine from BBTS.

Ryan

2ypbsm1.jpg

This picture is like having “beer goggles” on…..Ugly is made average, average is made beautiful
Congrats on the purchase!!

I have no idea if that's a compliment or not but thank you. :lol

Maybe a little of both. BOTOM LINE: if a collector (us) desires a figure, gets the figure and is happy that’s all that really matters!!! And to that I say to you congratulations!

But the figure you get (in this case) is not the picture you posted. This figure to me is like wanting C 3PO and getting TC-17

tc14.jpg

Attachments

• RMK1591GM_Star_Wars_C-3PO_Giant_Wall_Decal_Assembled_Product.jpg
    RMK1591GM_Star_Wars_C-3PO_Giant_Wall_Decal_Assembled_Product.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 311
So I took advantage of the coupon for Robo (w/o chair) and received him yesterday... to find his left arm loose and refusing to stay in the socket. Talk about disappointing... does Sideshow have a pretty good track record in making these things right? Thanks.

My Robo's left arm was loose when I received him but I popped it back in and it was fine. Are you sure the ball inside the shoulder socket is straight? Maybe that's why it's giving you problems.

Are the 30% off coupons something everyone gets via email or it's a random event? Been thinking about getting a Robocop for a while now.

I think everyone who signed up for SS updates got a coupon.

My Robo's left arm was loose when I received him but I popped it back in and it was fine. Are you sure the ball inside the shoulder socket is straight? Maybe that's why it's giving you problems.

Yes, I popped it back in, but when I slide the left shoulder out for the increased articulation, it just falls out easily. Not sure if the ball on arm is just a tad too small or if the "slide" motion of the socket in torso is too stiff...

Right arm pops out too but takes more effort. When I move left arm around it just falls out after a few articulations.

That sucks. Though I don't think a loose arm is technically broken. You can always reach out to Sideshow, see what they say.

Maybe a bit of nail polish will tighten up the connection? But a caveat - I've never done something like that and I'm paranoid about how chemicals could possibly react to HT materials.

That sucks. Though I don't think a loose arm is technically broken. You can always reach out to Sideshow, see what they say.

Maybe a bit of nail polish will tighten up the connection? But a caveat - I've never done something like that and I'm paranoid about how chemicals could possibly react to HT materials.
Yeah. I emailed them yesterday. I tried again today, that left arm is definitely no good. The ball doesn't 'click' in nearly as much to the socket in the left side as the right and pops out VERY easily. Really hard to tell if it's the ball itself on the arm or the socket in the torso. Hopefully Sideshow will make good.

Maybe a little of both. BOTOM LINE: if a collector (us) desires a figure, gets the figure and is happy that’s all that really matters!!! And to that I say to you congratulations!

But the figure you get (in this case) is not the picture you posted. This figure to me is like wanting C 3PO and getting TC-17

View attachment 190245

Good analogy.

I just don't risk it. Shelves can be banged against and figures can simply fall over of their own accord.

I hate stands. Ruins the illusion.

Solution? Buy a bigger better display case. I have a 6x3 commercial display case (3 actually). If I hit them hard enough to knock figures over, I've got glass everywhere and far bigger problems.

Having multiple figures of the same character displayed close together and without realistic diorama environments already ruins the illusion so I'm not too bothered about it and will continue using the stands. If fact stands are something I have and will spend money on, improving them with cool Evilface decals etc.

Having multiple figures of the same character displayed close together and without realistic diorama environments already ruins the illusion so I'm not too bothered about it and will continue using the stands. If fact stands are something I have and will spend money on, improving them with cool Evilface decals etc.

:exactly:There was a post of images a few pages back. One of BD Robocop displayed sitting in the chair alone on the shelf. I thought this image was more powerful and represented the character of Robocop even more than the image of Murphy, Regular and BD standing side by side. That image had a “COLLECT THEM ALL” feeling to it.

Im in the camp of you don’t have to see the full WAMPA eating. If that makes sense.

:exactly:There was a post of images a few pages back. One of BD Robocop displayed sitting in the chair alone on the shelf. I thought this image was more powerful and represented the character of Robocop even more than the image of Murphy, Regular and BD standing side by side. That image had a “COLLECT THEM ALL” feeling to it.

Im in the camp of you don’t have to see the full WAMPA eating. If that makes sense.

I actually had you in mind when I posted that. I'm a different type of collector but I certainly understand your POV.

Back