Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived last week, left leg hip joint was broken right out of the box. Someone else on this thread had the same issue and it would seem that the damage didn't occur in transit considering how well packaged mine was. It could only have happened in the factory, so beware fellow collectors!

I've contacted HT customer services but I'm not holding onto hope that they'll even reply.
I know I can fix the joint easily and have asked them for a replacement part as I really don't want to shell out to get mine shipped back to the seller in China.

I am just curious, and sorry if it has already been answered, where is the sound effect component located? Is it speakers etc in the figure, or in the base, or in that logo remote control unit?
Dizzy

Sound effects come from his chest. The speaker is located on the upper right portion of the chest behind the chest plate rectangle grill.

image.jpg

The battery component is in his back. You take a magnet wand tool (exactly like the Hot Toys '89 Batmobile) and take the back panel off. Then you unscrew the second hatch to put in the batteries/turn the switch to on/off.

image.jpg

The remote is a desperate piece and is just that, a remote. You press the button and he says phrases from the film.

Thanks DiFabio, I was curious how it worked. I have the old flight-pack version and am sticking with that until the battle damaged version is out. I did re-paint the face though.
Dizzy

After all my defence of the sound feature with Robocop I still haven't put batteries in mine :lol

I dunno, I took the NECA 18inch out of the attic and that has more sounds than the Hot Toys one including Robocop's walking sound.

No problem Dizzy. I definitely recommend the figure if you're on the fence about it. Wait for a deal to come around and get one, you won't be sorry. The figure is quality. You could have the Flight pack version , this one and the upcoming battle damaged one.

I had fun popping the plate off, putting the batteries in and making him talk from far away. It's cool. A lot better than pressing a button on the figure or something (though, I do love NECA's motion sensor mechanism more). I ended up taking the batteries out after a day or so though. If I have any guests over, it'd be cool to have him on and hit the remote from afar as they're checking it out. Other than that though, I don't have much use for it. Still a well made and well thought out feature. I wish I had this guy as a kid.

Mine arrived last week, left leg hip joint was broken right out of the box. Someone else on this thread had the same issue and it would seem that the damage didn't occur in transit considering how well packaged mine was. It could only have happened in the factory, so beware fellow collectors!

I've contacted HT customer services but I'm not holding onto hope that they'll even reply.
I know I can fix the joint easily and have asked them for a replacement part as I really don't want to shell out to get mine shipped back to the seller in China.

I had a Predator Elder come the same way.

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has scuffs on the chin of mouth plate from swapping.

I knew before hand that the chin strap unpegs from the head (even though my instructions were the first batch and didn't state that). So I did it the proper way to avoid pressing down and damaging it. Easy, no problem. Well, I went to go swap them again and noticed my teeth grinding/pain face had a line/gouge in it from just sitting in there! ****. I left it in there and decided to not swap it out. I mean, yeah, you can't see it when the chin strap is over the faceplate so it's not really an issue, but it still bugs the hell out of me. I never even pressed it down!

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has scuffs on the chin of mouth plate from swapping.

I knew before hand that the chin strap unpegs from the head (even though my instructions were the first batch and didn't state that). So I did it the proper way to avoid pressing down and damaging it. Easy, no problem. Well, I went to go swap them again and noticed my teeth grinding/pain face had a line/gouge in it from just sitting in there! ****. I left it in there and decided to not swap it out. I mean, yeah, you can't see it when the chin strap is over the faceplate so it's not really an issue, but it still bugs the hell out of me. I never even pressed it down!

I have pretty much not touched my Robo since getting him, he just went straight in my detolf once I got the gun holding pose I liked. I think I changed the faceplate once when I first got him but I cant see any scuff marks.
Maybe its not a permanent mark, maybe it will go back to normal after not being pressed against the chin strap? as the material is a soft plastic.

I haven't done any mouthplate swapping specifically because of this problem. Apparently even the faintest, slightest contact can result in scuff marks. Mother of... :slap

Really stupid design, HT, really stupid design. :ohbfrank:

I'm just going to try and let it go. I made sure I was careful with it and didn't even press down so I was shocked when I pulled the chin strap back.

Noticed pages back that it happened to others and they bought another faceplate on ebay. I'm not about to do that. I'm getting this little OCD voice saying "but bro , it's scratched, ya goofed" but then the logical side is telling me" hey , you can't even see it when it's covered up and in place". **** it I guess. It just pisses me off that it happened even after I prepared myself by looking at the thread, watching vids, etc. even doing it the right way left a damn mark.

I'm just going to try and let it go. I made sure I was careful with it and didn't even press down so I was shocked when I pulled the chin strap back.

Noticed pages back that it happened to others and they bought another faceplate on ebay. I'm not about to do that. I'm getting this little OCD voice saying "but bro , it's scratched, ya goofed" but then the logical side is telling me" hey , you can't even see it when it's covered up and in place". **** it I guess. It just pisses me off that it happened even after I prepared myself by looking at the thread, watching vids, etc. even doing it the right way left a damn mark.

:lol
I know that feeling, I got it bad and I have to listen to what those voices say or I will go mad:panic::lol:(

Kudos for resisting:hi5:

But remember

th

The one saving grace is the scuffs aren't visible once they're tucked behind the chinguard.

But I have a feeling DiFabio will get another set of plates. Like Skull did. :lol

Back