Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my favorite figure of 2014, hands down. Fantastic figure. I can't get over how realistic it looks, especially with a minor tilt in the head. I don't mind the silver of the armor, especially in my display lighting (looks darker, just like the movie), my only gripe is the moveable finger hands. They're easy to move and nothing has snapped (it really is a technical marvel how they did the ball joints), but getting him to hold the Auto-9 naturally is a REAL pain in the ass. I finally got him to hold it and make it look cool/realistic then I go to snap it in and realize,

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

No socket in the hand. :lol

It doesn't grip the ball joint on the forearm because it's missing the inside socket mold. Left hand has it, so I dunno. For now, I gave him his fists (put the other data spike hand and left poseable hand on my battle damaged ver.)

My favorite figure of 2014 is the NECA Alien Queen. I would have said Robocop but the usual complaint which I shall not name has come to annoy me more as time has gone on.

I'd have bought the Alien Queen since I have Hudson, Hicks and the gang, but then I got flash backs of my previous Xemorphs and T-1000s with that brittle black plastic joint crap.

IMG_0277 - Version 2.jpg
IMG_0274.jpg
IMG_0261.JPG

Just some pics of my Robocop as he is displayed.
I always loved the gun shooting mouth that Peter Weller made when shooting the Auto-9 in many of the scenes. I always wanted this as my posed look.
To be honest, this figure has been a lot of fun to pose and play around with. I love love the colours...I mean I know it is not screen accurate. But it is definitely an amazing Robocop and I find the colours really make the figure stand out. And you can always see various colours (purples mostly) when looking at the figure.
I bought many figures in 2014, but I think only 3 that were 2014 releases (the others being T-800 and Mk2 war machine). I love them all, but I couldn't live without a Robocop figure and this one really amazes me.

Para, you rock as always.

How you pull the colors out of this figure is phenomenal. I can see the blue and purple hues and tones clearly in low or indirect light with mine -- I just need to figure out how to best light this to best take advantage of it.

Cool white vs maybe a blue halogen?

Robo is back in the collection.

View attachment 156074
View attachment 156075
View attachment 156079

Just some pics of my Robocop as he is displayed.
I always loved the gun shooting mouth that Peter Weller made when shooting the Auto-9 in many of the scenes. I always wanted this as my posed look.
To be honest, this figure has been a lot of fun to pose and play around with. I love love the colours...I mean I know it is not screen accurate. But it is definitely an amazing Robocop and I find the colours really make the figure stand out. And you can always see various colours (purples mostly) when looking at the figure.
I bought many figures in 2014, but I think only 3 that were 2014 releases (the others being T-800 and Mk2 war machine). I love them all, but I couldn't live without a Robocop figure and this one really amazes me.

Glad to see you love the figure, bebe! And cool pics! :duff

HNNNNGGG

Damn you to hell, Parcelforce :thwak Anticipation level for this figure just went through the roof seeing those pics.

Gorgeous pics, man!

Great pics as per usual Paramore!

Many thanks, much appreciated :hi5:

Para, you rock as always.

How you pull the colors out of this figure is phenomenal. I can see the blue and purple hues and tones clearly in low or indirect light with mine -- I just need to figure out how to best light this to best take advantage of it.

Cool white vs maybe a blue halogen?

Thanks pjam :duff

The lights I've used are some stick on blue LEDs. They're only cheap ones, cost about £3 for a pack of them but they give off an excellent colour.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: Robocop has now been stuck with ParcelFarce awaiting 'customs clearance' since New Year's Eve. Another package from the same country reached me this morning despite being ordered two days later.

Previously, almost everything I've ordered from the Far East has been delivered via DHL - never had a single problem with them, things have always passed through customs overnight, charged or otherwise. They're also cheaper and faster. Looks like I'll have to refrain from shopping anywhere that doesn't offer it as a shipping option in future, because this is just ridiculous.

Express 24 my ****ing arse. Behold a video representation of my future visit to the PF depot:

Thanks pjam :duff

The lights I've used are some stick on blue LEDs. They're only cheap ones, cost about £3 for a pack of them but they give off an excellent colour.

Thanks para! Sounds like the way to go and a simple and inexpensive solution. It'll be hard for me to complain about anything with this figure once that's set up.:wink1:

Back