Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh, you dirty bastard, Span! :lol

I still love the figure and can't wait to get it in-hand, but no doubt the stylized photograph is what I would want to see on the shelf.
:lol yeah sorry. The real original photo is halfway in between those two, but the in-hand figure looks like the top photo, sadly.

Unless I'm mistaken, you have to use a flash while photographing the figure to achieve that look. In most light conditions, the silver is too bright. Thus the complaints.
No flash with my photos; just early-morning indirect sunlight, well-placed shadows, and a lower exposure.

Happened to me too, that right arm popped right off for me. I used some strong krazy glue on it to keep it in place since I didn't feel like returning it. What I found odd was that instead of finding any kind of glue residue on the arm it felt like there was grease there instead. It almost appears to me that they used the wrong substance on the arm which resulted in the arm falling off.

To answer Pop Collector's question, the joint where his forearm meets the elbow was incredibly loose so that when I posed him with the gun, the weight of the plastic gun was almost enough for the arm to fall right off. I used as little glue as possible so as to avoid any damage that the glue could cause and now the arm is holding in place. I didn't lose any mobility in the forearm either but I'm making sure not to put any unneeded pressure on it. Generally though, once I pose the figure, I very rarely move it around (Man of Steel Superman being the only exception).

Thanks, PopCollector and Brobocop. I might put a little Krazy glue if the arm falls off. I found the perfect pose for em which he will stay in for eternity.

Just for fun :wink1:

15357675804_b5aad473fc_h.jpg

15337845153_8edbf6ee17_h.jpg

15337844803_aeef2e4d73_h.jpg

RC arrived today and wow.......blue, silver whatever color, he looks great on the shelf. I cannot wait until the weekend to get more play time...

I will say that after the "SOB!!" phase wears off of being pissed they blew the color so much, you get past it and realize how good the figure really is... At least with me anyway. It really is well executed. Can't whine about the color forever...

I will say that after the "SOB!!" phase wears off of being pissed they blew the color so much, you get past it and realize how good the figure really is... At least with me anyway. It really is well executed. Can't whine about the color forever...

Yeah the lady we love might not have the big boobs or booty we want or maybe 1 big boob and one smaller one, but she makes up for it in other ways :wink1:

Just got back from Hong Kong where I picked this figure up. Pretty much sold out there at retail so I paid above HK retail but was still about $80 cheaper than getting from Sideshow or locally. Very impressed with how he turned out even if a little too silver.

I cracked this open at my LCS yesterday (still waiting on my chair version) and I really dont see what the issue with the paint apps are... it is silver with blue and purple hues, its obvious and looks amazing, I really dont understand the issue

my one problem with the figure is the hand and gun... I spent a good few minutes trying to get the hand to hold it and look right, couldnt do it, looks terrible. really wish we got all sculpted hands, shame

Back