Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back at it are we? lol Like my grand pappy use to say . . . Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one and most times they stink.

:thwak

Oh man, I was talking about the RoboCop2 paint. Wjy did the RoboCop1 paint get brought up again.:gah::lol

I was just trying to point that out to those passing on this in hope they will get RoboCop2 paint 100%.

I...I was just predicting a "I seriously doubt they will".:monkey3

Also, I cannot find where I read that, it was on some old Robo forum stated as fact. It was kinda a big deal at the time. (the blue color)

Yep, I was talking about the RC2 paint as well (thanks PC, for bringing us back to RC1 :mad:)

Yeah man, its cool, I'm not the thread police, people can talk about whatever they want, but this debate is getting tiresome, you got it, your happy right, same for me as most people it seems. Yeah its not perfect, but with a character that takes on so many different looks depending on the environment his in, its hard to say if they could or did get it perfect, but does it look like him, hell yeah, is it awesome to behold, hell yeah, is it a heavy badass 1/6 diecast Robocop that says what he did in the movie HELL YEAH:lol I for one love it, looking forward to the two-pack, bring it on hot toys, bring it on:clap

:duff Good to hear it.

It's not all that it could've been, but I'm still keeping it. Hell, if there's a coupon several months from now, I plan on getting the single release too. And I plan on getting a couple each of BD and Murphy, as well as any other Robo stuff HT may do in the future.

I opted for the Cap & Steve two pack. Waiting to see how the BD Robo turns out in hand though. Fingers crossed.

I opted for the Cap & Steve two pack. Waiting to see how the BD Robo turns out in hand though. Fingers crossed.

Riggs you will never get the perfect figure, deal with it :thwak I got a feeling if you 90% of fans loved the BD Robo you would still find something wrong with it, :wink1:

:thwak

Yep, I was talking about the RC2 paint as well (thanks PC, for bringing us back to RC1 :mad:)

:duff Good to hear it.

It's not all that it could've been, but I'm still keeping it. Hell, if there's a coupon several months from now, I plan on getting the single release too. And I plan on getting a couple each of BD and Murphy, as well as any other Robo stuff HT may do in the future.

Sorry for bringing it up, to me this is the perfect Robo, but I am going off the ****** first version I had, and the Mcfarlane one. Everyone is different, just look at the MMS 238 thread and the neck and hips crap. To much nitpicking is just crazy.

Riggs you will never get the perfect figure, deal with it :thwak I got a feeling if you 90% of fans loved the BD Robo you would still find something wrong with it, :wink1:

Nah, I'd be willing to accept a Chromesque BD Robo if the damaged areas helped dull the overall look a little. It's just so much more apparent on the clean version.

Can you do flexpay? That's the only way I could get this Robo, also the upcoming SW line is going to kill me! I don't know how Yankee's can do it, and buy multiple Robo's.

That may be an option for me.

Nah, I'd be willing to accept a Chromesque BD Robo if the damaged areas helped dull the overall look a little. It's just so much more apparent on the clean version.

That may be an option for me.

I hear ya, like if they came out with a Die Hard figure and it didn't look like Willis I would be mad too, but like I said I prefer silver over blue. I'm not nitpicking Marty despite being a hard core fan. I don't think we will get another figure like the one Hot Toys is releasing so I'm happy with what the proto looks like.

15725460019_1936fd4905_b.jpg

15289230664_ea6cb49fe1_b.jpg

15289230204_dbbc4bed5e_b.jpg

15289231964_25caf0fbbc_h.jpg

15289229904_7bff687cb5_h.jpg

15289230994_1b24eeda30_b.jpg

15909519621_89d35a722e_h.jpg

15291836623_5b3f075182_h.jpg

15909518831_64c9498ad0_h.jpg

15910835062_9091693b4e_b.jpg

15885684916_23a1751c4d_h.jpg

15911493725_cfcc78077b_h.jpg

15289227394_4a23405179_h.jpg

15909515541_59ec58a964_k.jpg

15724186570_1d8fad6491_h.jpg

15289226664_ea90a351f4_k.jpg

15291833523_cde73b1b1c_k.jpg

15291833173_209a4e4750_k.jpg

15911491565_e6826cba1d_h.jpg

15289264034_b5072068a2_h.jpg

Alright guys. Just got my figure. Thought I'd post a quick review. Hope it doesn't open a can of worms though. lol

Overall, the sculpt of the body and head is well done. What really hurts though is with the sculpt being this good, Hot Toys could have nailed this figure, but unfortunately they dropped the ball pretty bad in the end.

As we all know, the paint job is off from the movie. The figure is a bit too bright silver as opposed the blue color in the film. But we all already know this. It's just a matter of whether each individual can accept it.

For me however, the bigger problem is the purple/pinkish hue on the deltoids (diecast part on the side of the upper arms), is too purple/pink and is more noticable than the other parts of the body. The room where I display the figure has decent lighting so the difference in the purple/pink hue on the deltoids to the rest of the body stands out quite a bit when you see it in person. This makes it pretty distracting for me when I look at the figure and it kinda keeps me from enjoying it. This is one issue I think is inexcusable for HT. I have both the Neca and Mcfarlane robo's. And even those cheap $15 to $17 figures at least got the color tone between different parts consistent.

The other issue, which Yankeeyboy already touched upon, is the skin tone around the mouth area is too dark. This for me is also pretty distracting.

Overall, I could have lived with the inaccurate, bright silver paint job if it was "uniform" throughout. But for me personally, the overly purple/pink hue on the deltoids compared to the rest of the body and the dark skin tone for the mouth piece are a bit of a deal breaker for me cause they really distract me from appreciating the figure when looking at it.

I luckily got mine as a gift, but I would have pre-ordered it myself last year either way as some HT figures back then were still selling out on pre-orders. But given the fact that HT is charging $300 for this calling it a diecast figure when only 4 small pieces of it is diecast. And as a result, the diecast deltoid part has a mismatched color to the rest of the figure. I would have preferred HT to make it all plastic and kept the colors more uniform and charged us less money at $259 or so. But if I had the choice I would have probably skipped this figure cause of the flaws and the high price tag for something that doesn't have much diecast pieces.

So yeah, I don't know about some of the people here, but for me, I can't in good conscience call a $300 robot figure with these three flaws and limited diecast parts "figure of the year". But to each his own. The thing that kinda irks me though is this figure had the potential to be awesome if HT at least got the skin tone and the purple hue imbalance corrected (not hard to do). I could have lived with the inaccurate silver paint job. I mean they already got the hard part (head and body sculpt) done well so it's really quite unfortunate.

I think this is one reason why I like the fact HT is now producing a higher quantity of each figure. This gives us a chance to wait and check out in hand production pics first before deciding to buy. Unlike before where we had to just pre-order and make our decisions based on the prototype.

Posted a few pics I took with my phone to try to highlight the purple hue on the deltoids for anyone who's curious. Keep in mind though that the camera didn't really capture the extent of it fully as that imbalance in purple between the delts and the rest of the body and the dark skin tone is actually worse when you see it in person.

There's no point debating about these issues as they're very real. It's just a matter of whether each person can accept it or not. I'm personally a bit let down as I would like to hold HT and $200 to $300 figures to a higher standard. But I'm glad some people here are still enjoying their figure regardless. 10815937_10152848610181280_1530688962_n.jpg
10818818_10152848610231280_1343426389_n - Copy.jpg
10836482_10152848610161280_1373654541_n (1).jpg
10819114_10152848610216280_1089495622_n.jpg

Gracios for the Hispanic Robocop review...Roberto cop if you will...but yeah I see what your talking about with the deltoids. That colour is really distracting. The more i look at it the more i'm convinced its a just a lazy effort by HT in the end of the day. I guess that's what we get for expecting 'perfection'.

Sorry for bringing it up, to me this is the perfect Robo, but I am going off the ****** first version I had, and the Mcfarlane one. Everyone is different, just look at the MMS 238 thread and the neck and hips crap. To much nitpicking is just crazy.

No, it's alright. You've been comparing this figure to the V1 all this time. It would've been an awesome figure to own in 2007 or 2008, but like other figures that have been updated by HT, it's been rendered obsolete.

Another round of superb pics, brother, you're absolutely killing it. :rock

Alright guys. Just got my figure. Thought I'd post a quick review. Hope it doesn't open a can of worms though. lol

Overall, the sculpt of the body and head is well done. What really hurts though is with the sculpt being this good, Hot Toys could have nailed this figure, but unfortunately they dropped the ball pretty bad in the end.

As we all know, the paint job is off from the movie. The figure is a bit too bright silver as opposed the blue color in the film. But we all already know this. It's just a matter of whether each individual can accept it.

For me however, the bigger problem is the purple/pinkish hue on the deltoids (diecast part on the side of the upper arms), is too purple/pink and is more noticable than the other parts of the body. The room where I display the figure has decent lighting so the difference in the purple/pink hue on the deltoids to the rest of the body stands out quite a bit when you see it in person. This makes it pretty distracting for me when I look at the figure and it kinda keeps me from enjoying it. This is one issue I think is inexcusable for HT. I have both the Neca and Mcfarlane robo's. And even those cheap $15 to $17 figures at least got the color tone between different parts consistent.

The other issue, which Yankeeyboy already touched upon, is the skin tone around the mouth area is too dark. This for me is also pretty distracting.

Overall, I could have lived with the inaccurate, bright silver paint job if it was "uniform" throughout. But for me personally, the overly purple/pink hue on the deltoids compared to the rest of the body and the dark skin tone for the mouth piece are a bit of a deal breaker for me cause they really distract me from appreciating the figure when looking at it.

I luckily got mine as a gift, but I would have pre-ordered it myself last year either way as some HT figures back then were still selling out on pre-orders. But given the fact that HT is charging $300 for this calling it a diecast figure when only 4 small pieces of it is diecast. And as a result, the diecast deltoid part has a mismatched color to the rest of the figure. I would have preferred HT to make it all plastic and kept the colors more uniform and charged us less money at $259 or so. But if I had the choice I would have probably skipped this figure cause of the flaws and the high price tag for something that doesn't have much diecast pieces.

So yeah, I don't know about some of the people here, but for me, I can't in good conscience call a $300 robot figure with these three flaws and limited diecast parts "figure of the year". But to each his own. The thing that kinda irks me though is this figure had the potential to be awesome if HT at least got the skin tone and the purple hue imbalance corrected (not hard to do). I could have lived with the inaccurate silver paint job. I mean they already got the hard part (head and body sculpt) done well so it's really quite unfortunate.

I think this is one reason why I like the fact HT is now producing a higher quantity of each figure. This gives us a chance to wait and check out in hand production pics first before deciding to buy. Unlike before where we had to just pre-order and make our decisions based on the prototype.

Posted a few pics I took with my phone to try to highlight the purple hue on the deltoids for anyone who's curious. Keep in mind though that the camera didn't really capture the extent of it fully as that imbalance in purple between the delts and the rest of the body and the dark skin tone is actually worse when you see it in person.

There's no point debating about these issues as they're very real. It's just a matter of whether each person can accept it or not. I'm personally a bit let down as I would like to hold HT and $200 to $300 figures to a higher standard. But I'm glad some people here are still enjoying their figure regardless.

ericpic.jpg

Good take. Hard to believe it's the same figure, between this pic and DA's, huh? :lol It's been said over and over and over again, but lighting makes a world of difference. It's almost painfully obvious in this case.

There's no point debating about these issues as they're very real. It's just a matter of whether each person can accept it or not. I'm personally a bit let down as I would like to hold HT and $200 to $300 figures to a higher standard. But I'm glad some people here are still enjoying their figure regardless.
That bothers me the most, why does he have a dark face? WTF, really? It is a white person with dead skin for ***** sake, how can this be dark? When I opened the box I thought it was Nick Fury under the helmet instead of Peter Weller.

I have not posed him with battle damage but I think I might now, having seen DA's pics. :clap

No, it's alright. You've been comparing this figure to the V1 all this time. It would've been an awesome figure to own in 2007 or 2008, but like other figures that have been updated by HT, it's been rendered obsolete.

Another round of superb pics, brother, you're absolutely killing it. :rock

Good take. Hard to believe it's the same figure, between this pic and DA's, huh? :lol It's been said over and over and over again, but lighting makes a world of difference. It's almost painfully obvious in this case.

Thank you fellas :)

Back