Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must ignore obvious photos demonstrating the paint difference and pretend all is fine and dandy. Then punch the nearest thing when this finally arrives after seeing my own face looking back at me in Robocop's helmet. (Better not be THAT bad).

Must ignore obvious photos demonstrating the paint difference and pretend all is fine and dandy. Then punch the nearest thing when this finally arrives after seeing my own face looking back at me in Robocop's helmet. (Better not be THAT bad).

:lol

We won't know 'til we know. For me, that's four days from now.

Congrats buddy! you must be looking forward to getting it :) mine is still in China by the look of it (bleh).

Personally, coming from the original v1 Hot Toys Robocop figure, this will be a massive improvement as that thing just looks cheaper than most NECA figures by todays standards... even if it did cost 10x the NECA price tag when it was released. Ouch.

Congrats buddy! you must be looking forward to getting it :) mine is still in China by the look of it (bleh).

Personally, coming from the original v1 Hot Toys Robocop figure, this will be a massive improvement as that thing just looks cheaper than most NECA figures by todays standards... even if it did cost 10x the NECA price tag when it was released. Ouch.

Still no word from Loonten? Sorry to hear that, bud. :duff

Yeah, but think how awesome V1 was back in 2006 or 2007. I guess the 18-inch NECA was its only real "competition," but truth be told, it really wasn't. If you want to see a comparison of the two figures, go to 24:00.

Still no word from Loonten? Sorry to hear that, bud. :duff

Yeah, but think how awesome V1 was back in 2006 or 2007. I guess the 18-inch NECA was its only real "competition," but truth be told, it really wasn't. If you want to see a comparison of the two figures, go to 24:00.

Oh yeah, I mean it's posted and he's done his part (late obviously, but that's mostly Hot Toys fault) but the thing still *appears* to be in China (Beijing). Probably another week or so before it reaches the UK, I just don't have much patience and honestly wonder how you guys who pre-ordered a year ago have kept so calm for so long. It will arrive eventually so it's all good :)

And yes you are right, back on its release I thought it looked great which is why I bought it. But wow have we come a long way in sculpts since then, things are getting eerily life like.

I'm curious what your thoughts will be when it's in hand. I think you'll put it through it's paces for those interested.

On a side note, the people over at ign seem to know how to light it for close ups:

[video]https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/05/unboxing-robocop-ed-209-sixth-scale-figures-from-sideshow-collectibles[/video]

Oh yeah, I mean it's posted and he's done his part (late obviously, but that's mostly Hot Toys fault) but the thing still *appears* to be in China (Beijing). Probably another week or so before it reaches the UK, I just don't have much patience and honestly wonder how you guys who pre-ordered a year ago have kept so calm for so long. It will arrive eventually so it's all good :)

And yes you are right, back on its release I thought it looked great which is why I bought it. But wow have we come a long way in sculpts since then, things are getting eerily life like.

I hope you get it soon, brother. I only ordered the single fig back in July before canceling in September and getting the chair as well. I don't know how guys who ordered this back in May 2013 managed to hold up. I'd be going off the wall. :lol

nice vid yankee. my fig of the year so far :)

Thanks! It's not my vid, but I think Joe did a nice job. You have this yet?

I'm curious what your thoughts will be when it's in hand. I think you'll put it through it's paces for those interested.

On a side note, the people over at ign seem to know how to light it for close ups:

[video]https://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/05/unboxing-robocop-ed-209-sixth-scale-figures-from-sideshow-collectibles[/video]

Thanks, man. I'm no reviewer or picture-taker, like a lot of the Freaks here, but I'll give my honest assessment.

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.11.41 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.12.43 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.14.47 PM.jpg
:rotfl They already ruined the paint on the chin of the first one!
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.15.47 PM.jpg
Teeth look nice in this pic
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.16.31 PM.jpg
Red back drop but blue chest, not too bad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.14.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.14.47 PM.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 376
Paint scuffing on the chin is inevitable due to bad design. Thanks, Hot Toys! :censored

Hot Toys is always gonna **** up some where, its inevitable as SS's paint apps and silver paint on a Robo, what can you do? Just return it from wence it came. Not me I rather have a silver Robo than a Blue one like V.1 that one was too much like Robocop 2
Screen Shot 2014-11-06 at 2.25.53 PM.jpg

Thanks for the vid, Riggs, and the stills, Pop! :clap

Man, it was tough to hear those IGN knuckleheads drone on and on, but the way the figure was lighted was the best takeaway from the clip. Armor paint looked aight, but that skin tone. Sheesh.

Thanks for the vid, Riggs, and the stills, Pop! :clap

Man, it was tough to hear those IGN knuckleheads drone on and on, but the way the figure was lighted was the best takeaway from the clip.

I had them muted, to get them so I didn't have to loose any brain cells ;) but what really was irking me was the way they handle it, when I get him I'm bustin out the "Payday 2" Blue gloves so I don't get my man grease on him, Clipperking also noted he is a finger print magnet, and maybe a dust magnet :(

Can someone help me post a poll? like how do you do it? I want to do one to see who prefers the silver or just hates the paint app on this fig, maybe post it after next week when we get this in?

IGN suck at every single thing they do. Every. Single. Thing.

Also more corrupt than all of government combined. I love you IGN, not really.

Can someone help me post a poll? like how do you do it? I want to do one to see who prefers the silver or just hates the paint app on this fig, maybe post it after next week when we get this in?

You know how to start a new thread, right? Toward the bottom of the screen, it'll give you the option of including a poll, as well as number of options, how long to keep it up, whether or not it's private, etc.

Appreciate you snagging stills from the vid Pop. Best video lighting I've seen yet.
The figure is too silver, but it hasn't helped that most of the video reviews of the figure have been done under extremely bright and harsh lighting. I think unless you're displaying the figure in direct sunlight or under a hot display case light, it's going to look pretty good at home.

Appreciate you snagging stills from the vid Pop. Best video lighting I've seen yet.

No worries, good to see my Mac is good for something ;) Also people need different perspectives, I really don't think people realize how good they have it with this one, like I said I had V.1, and seeing pics of V.2 had me falling in love at hello, cause I could see how much better it was, as I said before V1 was way to blue for my taste but I still loved it at the time, so the silver paint is good for me since all I had was blue before. But thats just me.

Back