Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the BD version will turn out perfect. The colour issue will not be a shock to anyone by then so it will be overlooked. The head sculpt will be the topic and I have full faith HT's will nail it!!

Not sure if serious. :lol

I think just about everyone in this thread who already owns the figure says it's too bright. It's going to bother some more than others.

That's not the point

They marketed the figure as that in the proto pics, not as a 'will look like this if you display it with professional photography lighting'

Finally got my shipping notice! Coming Tuesday!!

im waiting by my email, for the shipping notice
they said they would charge me today, DO IT!!!!!!!!!

edit: checked my cc online and they charged me! should be next week

Last edited:
Its more then a shame that the figure doesn't have the same colour as the prototype. I could get over maybe a lack of detail here and there and the nose being wrong but when it comes to the paintjob that's what associated with Robocop the most. I think people are trying to fool themselves into thinking its ok but it just ruins the whole figure for me and it should also do so for any serious Robocop fan. Theres no excuse for not having the right colour in this day and age. What HT did is bait and switch at its worst. How they came up with that shiny battlestar galactica colour is beyond me.

Whilst I do understand theres no such thing as perfection the prototype at least had the right colour and made me all excited about the future for the Robocop license under HT's stewardship. Now I just fear they'll make the same mistake with the bd version and any future incarnations they may also release.

Last edited:
Wise guys eh!

I'm sure if you bought a car that said it was metallic blue but you received an almost chrome silver car you'd be pissed

I wanted this. We didn't get this. Whatcha gonna do, wait for Robo V3? :dunno

betterrobo6.jpg

Looks like the proto here. The announcement shots all look like they just brought the blue hue out in photoshop.

10626228_954486067900081_3581467406951108753_o.jpg

Yeah with the way HT prices have been dropping on non exclusives, I'm pretty confident that I can get him down the road cheaper or through one of Sideshow's sales.

right. Im leaning towards canceling this and getting this when its offered for $174 after discounts, free shipping and 8x rewards points. :wink1:

it might sell out, and im ok with that, i can get the ass whipped version. but i have a feeling HT is in overhype mode lately and there might be enough of these made to string together from here to the moon. worth the gamble. $300 for this is not worth it IMO.

I gotta say here fellas, and Im still awaiting mine to judge in hand, but silver under cool LED light will totally give off the blue hue, under regular house bulbs, not so much.

I think it's exactly what I expected from the protos

Back