Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is wrong with the extended neck on the Enterbay figure? is that due to the motorised components? never noticed it before. The Hot Toys one actually looks pretty close to the Enterbay one, just smaller in scale.
due to the delicate nature of the motorized neck joint, its easy not to push the head all the way down
i have been guilty of this

Im pretty sure that EB head can come down a little more into the neck joint

Finish also looks pretty toyish on the Enterbay compared to the other two.

I really like the paint on the armor of the old Hot Toys Robocop. Yeah, the proportions, likeness and rubber suck, but the paint on the armor looks quite good.

Finish also looks pretty toyish on the Enterbay compared to the other two.

I really like the paint on the armor of the old Hot Toys Robocop. Yeah, the proportions, likeness and rubber suck, but the paint on the armor looks quite good.

I am not pleased....look at it again folks- this looks sub par to me and it cheaped out on some stuff like DETAILS and DIECAST. Yes overall presentation looks very nice but at $310?

I am not pleased....look at it again folks- this looks sub par to me and it cheaped out on some stuff like DETAILS and DIECAST. Yes overall presentation looks very nice but at $310?
I looked again
Still looks epic

I'm right in assuming the cheapest UK price for this is around £210? which is considerably more than the $310 most of you guys are quoting.

All I can say is that I'm really happy about owning the EB one and getting this one soon as well.

This piece looks great. I don't care.

I know this is very silver, and I really don't get why they bothered (they didn't) with the die cast. But Jesus it looks like beautiful thing IMO. Stylised? sure but what a display piece. I have the original Robo and the paint job is very very crude compared to today's standards.
I am worried about the rubber, I have several Iron Man figures with rubber joints, I don't like those either.

Yeah, I want confirmation if those knees and elbows are rubber. I know OMG said all of it was just soft PVC plastic (and he could squish the hands), but I want to know what we're dealing with in great detail here.

If Hot Toys used rubber again, they're idiots. The placement and utilization of the diecast is already silly, if they added rubber components to this, maaaaaan. :lol

Yeah, I want confirmation if those knees and elbows are rubber. I know OMG said all of it was just soft PVC plastic (and he could squish the hands), but I want to know what we're dealing with in great detail here.

If Hot Toys used rubber again, they're idiots. The placement and utilization of the diecast is already silly, if they added rubber components to this, maaaaaan. :lol
I'd go out on a limb and say the knees elbows are 100% soft rubber. They look just like the IM joints. The soft vinyl that OMG references on the arm/body doesn't worry me so much.

Yup, they look like rubber to me.

If they are, why not just make those plastic joints? I don't get it. It won't ruin the aesthetic considering it's all black. The NECA figures don't have rubber sleeves and they have nicely hidden joints in the knees and elbows. Makes no sense.

Yup, they look like rubber to me.

If they are, why not just make those plastic joints? I don't get it. It won't ruin the aesthetic considering it's all black. The NECA figures don't have rubber sleeves and they have nicely hidden joints in the knees and elbows. Makes no sense.
Lazyness I guess. The new HT die cast Iron Man figure eliminated all rubber in the joints really well. They are a crazy company, that's the only conclusion I can come up with. :lol

10615346_299124296959404_1201828811914657277_n.jpg

10678821_299124323626068_5698494153668902693_n.jpg

Thanks for these pics, they really put things in perspective.

The rubber I'm sure will be a problem.
Too bad ...it's great looking but several things about it really bother me(price, soft detail on leg holster, lack of diecast) drop my excitement level many notches.

I really like this HT figure a lot just as much as the ENTERBAY 1:4 scale one.

I wonder if those people who complain about the EB one looking silver gonna complain and bash on this one too....

The color on the old v1 ver is more screen accurate from that comparison pic. Wish it'd be more similar to that color, but I guess they need to do that so that they have a reason to release a v3 version later down the road. :lol

I really like this HT figure a lot just as much as the ENTERBAY 1:4 scale one.

I wonder if those people who complain about the EB one looking silver gonna complain and bash on this one too....

Unlikely, Jed.

As long as it's Hoooot Tooooyzzz its all ok with the world. Silver is now ok as long as there's a Mr. Chang signature on the box.

I'm personally thrilled about owning both versions... Even if they are not "realistic" enough.

Realistic.....

I know I did. I complained about the Enterbay and I can't say I'm too impressed with the lack of hues in this one either.

When I see that straight silver, I dunno, it seems dull to me. It reminds me of Robocop 3 or the Asian Fried chicken commercial. I mean, if Hot Toys just threw in a little bit of purple and blue into some places like the chest, shoulders, head sockets, etc. it'd really make it pop. I absolutely loved that prototype on the first page, so this silver/grey thing sort of blows. I'm hoping it's the lighting in the photos and in person, those subtle hues are much more prominent.

I'm not saying Robocop 2 blue, but just a nice mix of that great pearlescent colors to make him stand out from the others. I always liked that effect as a kid. Reminded me of that color you'd see in oil or bubble fluid and it wasn't over done either.

Robocop.jpg

If this isn't photoshop or light effects (you can tell Jingo used purple and blue lights for his great pics), and this is what we get when we see it in person. I'll be pleased.

Screen shot 2014-09-19 at 9.55.26 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Back