Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone who has the figure comment on how heavy this is...
Similar to the Mark 42 or war machine mark 2??

Could anyone who has the figure comment on how heavy this is...
Similar to the Mark 42 or war machine mark 2??

I don't see how.... I have Mark 42 and he is on the heavy side as the Diecast parts are all over the place.

As per OMG's vid, Robo only has four, no?

Why are they calling this a "Diecast series" release then?

So what's the deal? Is the regular being released too or no? I figure they wouldn't bother taking pics of the regular.

The diecast quotient is stupid, especially for the price, which according to many shouldn't be that high even if it were mostly diecast. As for the colour though...I wonder if it's just the photography so far that doesn't bring out the complexity. Maybe in-hand it'll be as it should. But I'm getting it either way so...

Well, atleast the face plates and sculpt look good. My only gripes with the figure are,

- the holster (pathetic compared to NECA's brilliant mechanics on a small little toy)
- the color scheme (I'm optimistic that the hues will be there in person)
- possibility of the rubber in knees and elbows (if Hot Toys did that again, they're idiots)
- "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" from when he says it as Alex Murphy
- what little diecast is utilized here, why did they bother

As long as there isn't rubber (or if there is, it is minimal and isn't a problem) and those purple and blue hues are there, I'm good. The botched, inaccurate holster, I'm never going to use. The electronic voices . . . could have been a lot worse (see Asian ED). Die cast choice only bothers me because they shouldn't have bothered.

Regardless, buying anyway. This looks like the best Robocop available, even if it should be $50 less.

Well, atleast the face plates and sculpt look good. My only gripes with the figure are,

- the holster (pathetic compared to NECA's brilliant mechanics on a small little toy)
- the color scheme (I'm optimistic that the hues will be there in person)
- possibility of the rubber in knees and elbows (if Hot Toys did that again, they're idiots)
- "Dead or alive, you're coming with me" from when he says it as Alex Murphy
- what little diecast is utilized here, why did they bother

As long as there isn't rubber (or if there is, it is minimal and isn't a problem) and those purple and blue hues are there, I'm good. The botched, inaccurate holster, I'm never going to use. The electronic voices . . . could have been a lot worse (see Asian ED). Die cast choice only bothers me because they shouldn't have bothered.

Regardless, buying anyway. This looks like the best Robocop available, even if it should be $50 less.

Agreed with all sir.

Yeah I knew the ''dead or alive'' quote didn't sound like what I was used to, did they forget that he said that while he was Robocop?

Agreed with all sir.

Yeah I knew the ''dead or alive'' quote didn't sound like what I was used to, did they forget that he said that while he was Robocop?
Apparently, but, I do like the other lines they put in robo
Very excited about this piece

Agreed with all sir.

No idea. Seems like a dumb mistake to make though. That's the one thing that keeps the voices back from being perfect. I actually really love how he sounded in OMG's video. I think the mechanical tone of the voice played off nicely and the speaker hitting the chest should really add to that "robotic" sound. Dunno how they missed that.

Anyway,

Alex Murphy saying it instead of Robocop saying it > Disgruntled Hot Toys employee saying Robo's lines in a Chinese accent

Well hell! :) Maybe the regular release will be blue-er lol

This means we should see this within another month or sooner if the regular version releases at the same time :)

Well hell! :) Maybe the regular release will be blue-er lol

This means we should see this within another month or sooner if the regular version releases at the same time :)

The chair version has less die cast to make lighter so the chair won't break.
The non chair version is 100% die cast.

(I make it up as I go, so don't quote me)

Are the other versions of the Bat Armory out yet?
Because they only released the complete set in the first batch. The delay between the regular and complete set must be the same in this case.

Glad this is finally out. I've preordered the non-chair figure so won't have it for a good while longer it seems. Having seen the in-hand pics and OMG's great video a few things are apparent:

- The general sculpt and in particular the mouth pieces are great and much better than I'd feared they'd be after those tanned looking ones from SGTCC recently.

- The articulation seems very well done and there doesn't seem to be a lot of exposed rubber as feared.

- The voice function is so much better than anticipated (especially after the botched ED-209). However "Dead or alive you're coming with me" has been taken from the wrong part of the film but at least it's all Peter Weller.

- The leg holster is poor. I won't be opening it much as a result. The proto pics looked much more film-accurate.

- The battle damage seems to be augmented by transfers as opposed to paint application. A bit of a let down.

- The final colour of the 'metal' parts is too silver. Where's the film-accurate grey titanium finish of the proto. This is easily the most disappointing aspect for me.

All that said this is easily the best RoboCop figure I've seen and I'll certainly be getting it. I just hope the BD version is closer again to its prototype as that face sculpt has to be bang-on.

Glad this is finally out. I've preordered the non-chair figure so won't have it for a good while longer it seems. Having seen the in-hand pics and OMG's great video a few things are apparent:

- The general sculpt and in particular the mouth pieces are great and much better than I'd feared they'd be after those tanned looking ones from SGTCC recently.

- The articulation seems very well done and there doesn't seem to be a lot of exposed rubber as feared.

- The voice function is so much better than anticipated (especially after the botched ED-209). However "Dead or alive you're coming with me" has been taken from the wrong part of the film but at least it's all Peter Weller.

- The leg holster is poor. I won't be opening it much as a result. The proto pics looked much more film-accurate.

- The battle damage seems to be augmented by transfers as opposed to paint application. A bit of a let down.

- The final colour of the 'metal' parts is too silver. Where's the film-accurate grey titanium finish of the proto. This is easily the most disappointing aspect for me.

All that said this is easily the best RoboCop figure I've seen and I'll certainly be getting it. I just hope the BD version is closer again to its prototype as that face sculpt has to be bang-on.

You've made a lot of excellent points, but we still don't know for sure whether or not the mouthplates are pale or tan. It seems to change depending on the guy taking the photos/shooting the video.

And welcome to the board!

DX10 and DX13 paint apps looked like total crap on OMG's pics yet almost great in person.
I'm not worried.

On the other hand those rubber looking knees and torso parts...

So this seems to be going over much better than MMS238s initial reactions?

I have gripes with both figures, but whereas they're serious enough for me to pass on the Police Shootout Terminator (even though I love the character), they're not serious enough for me to pass on RoboCop.

No tears...yet.

notearsyet.jpg

I have gripes with both figures, but whereas they're serious enough for me to pass on the Police Shootout Terminator (even though I love the character), they're not serious enough for me to pass on RoboCop.

No tears...yet.

View attachment 134683

Looking at this pic here there appears to be a slight purple/blue hue happening towards the back of his helmet. Have to wait to get it in hand I guess.

Looking at this pic here there appears to be a slight purple/blue hue happening towards the back of his helmet. Have to wait to get it in hand I guess.

Like just about every other RoboCop figure that's been produced, the silver looks too bright. But I'd like to see more video of the figure. I don't know if we can go by pics at this point.

Back