Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me Enterbays Robocop(although based on Robert burke) is way more realistic and has the correct proportions. This figure is a big letdown.

Oh I love my Enterbay figure I do, but this, aside from the face, that this is more screen accurate i think and there's that great articulation.

No Enterbay's version is worst on the painting and the proportions of the head are certainly not good.

Do you have the Enterbay figure?

save your money for the battle damaged version. It looks epic.

So did this originally. Just saying. ;)

Not that it looks awful in any way, just not as good as the prototype in the facial features which is pretty important, at least to me.

Oh I love my Enterbay figure I do, but this, aside from the face, that this is more screen accurate i think and there's that great articulation.

Do you have the Enterbay figure?
No, i only compare the two versions with picture and videos. I'm disapointed with the hot toys versions but the enterbay looks like worst on the picture and videos i have seen. Both unrealistic.

No, i only compare the two versions with picture and videos. I'm disapointed with the hot toys versions but the enterbay looks like worst on the picture and videos i have seen. Both unrealistic.

Well in that case you are really not in a position to give that opinion. Experience the Enterbay figure in the flesh and come back to us. ;)

Me to, if the reg came out today I would have ordered early myself, I was very tempted to just order anyway, but I really shouldn't and the price is steep:monkey4

I like the chair but I really don't want to dump that much more money into something I would leave in the box after the full BD comes out, I only want to have one shelf for robo due to space limitations.

Still tempted:panic:

I guess the financial pressure is off, which is an upside. As I said, I can't buy the chair version from Timcent so Robocop is still delayed. Only have to worry about paying for my Sideshow order of the T-800 for the time being.

Well in that case you are really not in a position to give that opinion. Experience the Enterbay figure in the flesh and come back to us. ;)
Using this logic, nobody is in the position to judge this HT Robocop until they buy it and have it in hand.

also, for those complaining about the HT Robos proportions being off and saying they will hold off for the battle damaged version instead. ..won't that one have the same base sculpt/proportions as this release?

Oh i thinks it is suffisant to give an opinion. Maybe i'm wrong about the shaders of the enterbay's version because lighting can change the impression, but for proportions and details, pictures and videos are sufficient. The head is too high, the neck is gross, the legs are cheap. Hot toys doesn't look really better, but at least the helmet have a better shape.

looks epic! Im ready for SS to start shipping these out
Guess that will be in a month or so

and THIS is the version ot have as a Robo fan, imo
as a die hard, ill be getting both, but i have always thought Robos iconic imgae was one with the helmet on

Griping aside, figure still looks awesome.

RobocopHD218_zps2b0ecc17.jpg

RobocopHD132_zpsb8cc3b97.jpg

RobocopHD114_zps11134757.jpg

and THIS is the version ot have as a Robo fan, imo
as a die hard, ill be getting both, but i have always thought Robos iconic imgae was one with the helmet on

Completely agree, I never loved the bald guy. A major letdown from my childhood, right behind fat, old and also bald Anakin Skywalker.
I really like this figure but that holster is really outrageous for the pricetag.

Completely agree, I never loved the bald guy. A major letdown from my childhood, right behind fat, old and also bald Anakin Skywalker.
I really like this figure but that holster is really outrageous for the pricetag.
EB has them beat there, imo

Using this logic, nobody is in the position to judge this HT Robocop until they buy it and have it in hand.

Not really as he rubbished a figure many of us have had for a while already and think very highly of it. Though I do see where you are coming from.

Oh i thinks it is suffisant to give an opinion. Maybe i'm wrong about the shaders of the enterbay's version because lighting can change the impression, but for proportions and details, pictures and videos are sufficient. The head is too high, the neck is gross, the legs are cheap. Hot toys doesn't look really better, but at least the helmet have a better shape.

Had you said 'in my opinion' or I think then that would be different. What you said sound like a statement of fact rather an opinion hence why it was challanged.
You rubbished a figure you have never seen in the flesh and many of who do have it think it rocks so is it any wonder you called on it.

Some of the comments in here are funny. I think people purposely look for any possible thing to complain about . Maybe to talk themselves out of buying it to save money. The only possible complaint I can see is that it doesn't have enough diecast parts. The rest is just bs. The figure looks fantastic.

I really don't think it's necessary for anyone to write "IMO" on a forum let alone anywhere on the internet. I usually roll my eyes when I see that because it should be understood that whenever anyone posts a comment, it's coming from their point of view. I thought that was common knowledge.

Some of the comments in here are funny. I think people purposely look for any possible thing to complain about . Maybe to talk themselves out of buying it to save money. The only possible complaint I can see is that it doesn't have enough diecast parts. The rest is just bs. The figure looks fantastic.
my only compliant is that the arm joint seems to extend out to a point that looks unrealistic, but, i dont have to extend it out that far
problem solved

I really don't think it's necessary for anyone to write "IMO" on a forum let alone anywhere on the internet. I usually roll my eyes when I see that because it should be understood that whenever anyone posts a comment, it's coming from their point of view. I thought that was common knowledge.

I think it's makes things clearer. This forum isn't exactly known for folks being subtle or retrained. A little less diskishness around here would be nice...in my opinion.

It's is possible to critesize stuff and not make it sound like someone pissed in your cornflakes or questioned your parentage.

Some of the vitriol around here is way overboard and I know I am not the only one who thinks this.

Back