Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: Yeah b*tch!!! Articulation!!!

tumblr_m9fp7bVfJ11qk72exo1_500.gif

10687910_563380853787613_419390723305152407_o.jpg
[

Damn, good point re: The regular (no chair) version. I've asked Loontentoys on eBay if it's available for purchase yet but no response. Who else does anyone use for purchases like this besides Loonten and would you recommend anyone else at all?

Absolutely amazing... but

where is the regular version ? wtf

Yup, smart on hot toys part releasing this first, so those who can't wait and want there Robocop asap with buy the more expensive version they didn't want. The chair is cool but really not needed for me, I want the reg and the full bd version that's coming later on one shelf side by side, the chair is just to much clutter for me.

Damn, good point re: The regular (no chair) version. I've asked Loontentoys on eBay if it's available for purchase yet but no response. Who else does anyone use for purchases like this besides Loonten and would you recommend anyone else at all?

I use Loontenttoys all the time but I find Kidadult to be quite good too. Timescent will have this now but you will pay more.

This came out so good I just ordered him. I used some reward points to get him cheaper. Very pumped for this.

Really mixed feelings on how this one turned out.

The Good:
- Voice chip is actually Weller's voice and not an asian guy pretending to be Weller.
- Shoulder articulation is a pleasant surprise and overall articulation seems great for Robocop.
- Body proportions look great - perhaps one of the most spot-on Hot Toys has ever done.

The Bad:
-If OMG's diagram of which parts are diecast is accurate, then I feel completely misled and want a $75 refund because that is total ********.
-He looks very, very silver in most of the photos and videos, and that just looks gross. Jingobell definitely hit him with some purple lighting to give the right effect, which is the reason the figure looks best in his photos.
-The leg holster is atrociously inaccurate and cheap looking; the way it functions would be acceptable on a $6 Kenner figure from the 90's, but is complete garbage for a $299 figure. Shame on Hot Toys.
-I thought they'd scrapped the eyeball inside the damaged helmet because you can't see it at all in OMG and Jingobell's photos, but turns out it's just really damn hard to see.

Yup the diecast on this doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is laughable in it's execution. It's almost as if they couldn't make it work and just stuck some on there to avoid false advertising. The color of the face plates is also curious, is the man Caucasian or is he Spanish? Three hundred bucks (more if you live outside the distribution zone) is alot of ****ing money..and this doesn't deliver on that price. (If the chair would have been included in the price, it would have been ok).

I'm still getting it though because childhood favorite, however it is really putting me off future HT purchases.

I think this figure looks fantastic. Love the articulation, but I will hold out until the unmasked version. If I can be successful at picking up the masked head or even the battle damaged helmet on ebay and display it next to the unmasked version it should be all I need.

I'm afraid i'm not feeling it on this figure either. I'm so glad I decided to just go with the bd version. Something about this figure just looks really cheap. I'm not digging the paintjob at all as it should have had a more blueish hue to it. It just looks like paint you'd see on a cheap $15 diecast car. The figure itself is also too tanned. Murphy was never that color in the movie. The legs are also too skinny and now that I see how the faceplates operate I can see how this is just going to cause problems with paint chipping and flaking off. Its not Robocop for me. Its a cheap attempt to replicate him which ultimately fails.

Last edited:
Battle Damaged one is guaranteed to be just as disappointing to those of you holding out and waiting. It will not look as good as the prototype. Not even close, this and many other Hot Toys products have proven that over the last year or so.

Really mixed feelings on how this one turned out.

The Good:
- Voice chip is actually Weller's voice and not an asian guy pretending to be Weller.
- Shoulder articulation is a pleasant surprise and overall articulation seems great for Robocop.
- Body proportions look great - perhaps one of the most spot-on Hot Toys has ever done.

The Bad:
-If OMG's diagram of which parts are diecast is accurate, then I feel completely misled and want a $75 refund because that is total ********.
-He looks very, very silver in most of the photos and videos, and that just looks gross. Jingobell definitely hit him with some purple lighting to give the right effect, which is the reason the figure looks best in his photos.
-The leg holster is atrociously inaccurate and cheap looking; the way it functions would be acceptable on a $6 Kenner figure from the 90's, but is complete garbage for a $299 figure. Shame on Hot Toys.
-I thought they'd scrapped the eyeball inside the damaged helmet because you can't see it at all in OMG and Jingobell's photos, but turns out it's just really damn hard to see.

I think you nailed it right on the head. The lack of Diecast is a bit disturbing. I like how the magnet works but I guess those parts are plastic? I feel like some of the detail was just totally overlooked like you said with the eyeball and cheap plastic looking holster. Maybe they are saving some of the better detailing for BD or 3.0.

True, BD is also going to disappoint. It's obvious HT just doesn't care as much as they use too. Wouldn't be surprised to see their products in Toys R' Us someday.

To this day the BD look in the movie still blows me away! It does not look dated and at par or even better than any make up effect today. The HS is my driving factor to want HT Robocop in my collection. Headsculpts and layered tailored fitted clothing (tiny zippers, pockets, buckles etc.) are the main reasons I collect HT (Jack Sparrow, terminators Jacket, Elder Preds details). That’s the “magic” I am drawn to”. Robocop is a “one layered” figure. As iconic as he is he can become a $300 toy fast. It’s the PW head sculpt that will separate “expensive toy” to “collectable status” that I’m drawn to…..

But make no mistake the pictures of this Robocop look fantastic!!!

Yup, smart on hot toys part releasing this first, so those who can't wait and want there Robocop asap with buy the more expensive version they didn't want. The chair is cool but really not needed for me, I want the reg and the full bd version that's coming later on one shelf side by side, the chair is just to much clutter for me.

I find it ****ing annoying. Essentially means Robocop is still delayed for many people including me because I have the chair version on order with a UK site who won't have it till next year for all I know. I checked last night and it turns out I paid a deposit on that one that I have no memory of so if I cancel I've lost money.

For me Enterbays Robocop(although based on Robert burke) is way more realistic and has the correct proportions. This figure is a big letdown.

For me Enterbays Robocop(although based on Robert burke) is way more realistic and has the correct proportions. This figure is a big letdown.

No Enterbay's version is worst on the painting and the proportions of the head are certainly not good.

I find it ****ing annoying. Essentially means Robocop is still delayed for many people including me because I have the chair version on order with a UK site who won't have it till next year for all I know. I checked last night and it turns out I paid a deposit on that one that I have no memory of so if I cancel I've lost money.

Me to, if the reg came out today I would have ordered early myself, I was very tempted to just order anyway, but I really shouldn't and the price is steep:monkey4

I like the chair but I really don't want to dump that much more money into something I would leave in the box after the full BD comes out, I only want to have one shelf for robo due to space limitations.

Still tempted:panic:

Back