Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The delay sucks--especially after getting the die cast War Machine in my hands. Getting to see firsthand how Hot Toys is using die cast makes me even more excited for Robocop. The quality of WM is unreal so I'm sure I won't be disappointed in August, but man, AUGUST? Guess I've been getting spoiled with the recent early releases from Hot Toys.

Paint issues.

But die cast will chip and flake! Its so heavy if it tips it will take out every shelf in your detolf!!!

You guys can laugh. Tempered glass can be very fragile. The slightest flaw....

When I was installing the door in one of my display cases, I was, as always with glass, very careful, no bumps, placed it in the bottom hinge, and *BOOM* it failed spectacularly. Came down like a bastard, and took a nice gash out of my throat in the process. Scared effing christ out of me. So yeah, I'm very very aware of what might happen.

You guys can laugh. Tempered glass can be very fragile. The slightest flaw....

When I was installing the door in one of my display cases, I was, as always with glass, very careful, no bumps, placed it in the bottom hinge, and *BOOM* it failed spectacularly. Came down like a bastard, and took a nice gash out of my throat in the process. Scared effing christ out of me. So yeah, I'm very very aware of what might happen.

Sorry about Your neck

The edges are whats fragile with tempered glass. a small metal burr or or pebble, cement floor, what ever can shatter the whole thing. Must of hit it just right going into the hinge.

In the arcade hobby. There are many horror stories of folks leaning a rare 30+ year old tempered glass bezel on the ground and boom! instant destruction.

Last edited:
Lets not take an attitude like this shall we?

It doesn't ruin the whole figure, lets acknowledge that. But it is a silly mistake, and quite possibly one they could fix if they hear about it in enough time. They certainly won't hear about it if people succeed in embarrassing others into keeping their mouths shut.

Excellent point and the fairest of attitudes!

now that ht has brought out the classics like Robocop and just released the terminator bd its time to get a petition going to get ROBOCAIN released!

I can't even fathom how much HT would charge for something like cain in 1/6 scale :explode:

Not all that much different than iron monger I suppose. Probably a lil more if they use "diecast".

Since that material is SOOOO expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw the new movie over the weekend. Pretty lame.
No violence. No real satire. No over the top humor.
I felt the collective wooooooooooooooosh as the point totally flew over the heads of the filmmakers.

It was nice to look at, but pretty boring. Even the buddy aspect of the buddy cop film they were trying to make fell pretty flat.

I thought it was pretty funny where they showed the asian workers making robo parts. Reminded me of Hot Toys. haha!

Saw the new movie over the weekend. Pretty lame.
No violence. No real satire. No over the top humor.
I felt the collective wooooooooooooooosh as the point totally flew over the heads of the filmmakers.

It was nice to look at, but pretty boring. Even the buddy aspect of the buddy cop film they were trying to make fell pretty flat.

I thought it was pretty funny where they showed the asian workers making robo parts. Reminded me of Hot Toys. haha!

Saw it last WE & im a hafta agree. Total dissapointment! I had to watch The Lego movie afterwards & i liked that better! When i got home i had to watch the first two originals so i wouldnt lose my interest on this figure! Ur better off going to see Bullseye in A Winter's Tale.

Saw it last WE & im a hafta agree. Total dissapointment! I had to watch The Lego movie afterwards & i liked that better! When i got home i had to watch the first two originals so i wouldnt lose my interest on this figure! Ur better off going to see Bullseye in A Winter's Tale.

Robocop 14' is now officially known as " Roboflop ". Sad thing is i like remakes most of the time, Dredd, DKT, but Roboflop is just an embarrassment.
The whole its unfair to compare it to the original crap is total bs, the whole time i was watching it i could only think why is this movie being called Robocop?
It was just a half-*** wanabe, an imitation. I really hate how they ruined some of PW lines too like " Dead or alive you're coming with me ". Lastly i hate what they
did with ED-209, just **** all over the awesome original ED209 battle :slap.

The guy who made Dredd should have made Robocop.

I guess HT isn't going to touch it.

I'm betting that the delay had a lot to do with the release of the remake.

The brand got more exposure and the original is probably getting more views because of the Blu-ray release. I know the new one drove me to rewatch Paul Verhoeven's, so there's that.

I watched the new one this weekend. They just got so much wrong... That ending ughhh... The original left you cheering for the hero.

Can't wait to get this figure.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Back