Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the mouth piece from tgat video isn't pushed in enough giving the illusion that he has a nose issue.

I don't think we have anything to worry about guys.

Bri

Hope you a re right

"I have a bad feeling about this".

Who can send them that photocomparison like someone did about the elder predator innacuracies recently?

The nose doesn't even bother me. It'd only be a problem for pictures i think.

It'd be better if it helmet protruded a bit more but it isn't as big of a fail as a lot are making it out to be. At this scale it'd be pretty much unnoticeable, I never notice it on Bane and that's the honest truth

Not unless you look at your figures by taking them out and putting the right up to your eyeballs anyway

What's wrong with the guys that can live with this? I, personally, find the true joy in 1/6th figure collecting is discovering a minute detail that isn't perfectly recreated in the scale then focusing on it relentlessly until I end up hating the things they did right too.

Then I sell it for twice the money and still feel extremely disappointed.

Soooo, I watched the robocop "4k" bluray lat night, and man, that was awesome! For anyone who doesn't have it, it's an amazing transfer I believe. It's in sale on BB for under $10 and you get a free ticket to the new (poorly reviewed) Robo film.

If anything, this movie made me call SSC and transfer my payments (all except one remaining, since delayed) for the stand alone figure to the chair package.

I'm a sucker, I know... But I believe that moment with him on the chair has a lot of display character instead of just standing...
Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nose doesn't even bother me. It'd only be a problem for pictures i think.

It'd be better if it helmet protruded a bit more but it isn't as big of a fail as a lot are making it out to be. At this scale it'd be pretty much unnoticeable, I never notice it on Bane and that's the honest truth

Not unless you look at your figures by taking them out and putting the right up to your eyeballs anyway

I'm with you on this, even if they dont fix it it the figure will still be cool. I love your sig photo by the way been meaning to say so.

What's wrong with the guys that can live with this? I, personally, find the true joy in 1/6th figure collecting is discovering a minute detail that isn't perfectly recreated in the scale then focusing on it relentlessly until I end up hating the things they did right too.

Then I sell it for twice the money and still feel extremely disappointed.

Lets not take an attitude like this shall we?

It doesn't ruin the whole figure, lets acknowledge that. But it is a silly mistake, and quite possibly one they could fix if they hear about it in enough time. They certainly won't hear about it if people succeed in embarrassing others into keeping their mouths shut.

So what's the best way to report this to HT in hoping that they actually fix it? Now that I've seen the nose issue, it's pretty bad.

Possibly an easy mod. I don't know how far back the "under side" if the helmet goes. Probably all the way. Little bit of trimming here, sanding there.

Bane's lack of nose, whilst very noticeable in pics, isn't so noticeable in person.

I am excited how the head will look like when you take off the helmet and mouthplate.

I hope for a kind of head "adapter" as seen on the Figma figure...

Can't wait to get this, always thought the previous Robocops they made looked kinda odd. Just didn't look accurate enough to me. This one just looks so awesome, will look great displayed next to ED.

The delay sucks--especially after getting the die cast War Machine in my hands. Getting to see firsthand how Hot Toys is using die cast makes me even more excited for Robocop. The quality of WM is unreal so I'm sure I won't be disappointed in August, but man, AUGUST? Guess I've been getting spoiled with the recent early releases from Hot Toys.

The delay sucks--especially after getting the die cast War Machine in my hands. Getting to see firsthand how Hot Toys is using die cast makes me even more excited for Robocop. The quality of WM is unreal so I'm sure I won't be disappointed in August, but man, AUGUST? Guess I've been getting spoiled with the recent early releases from Hot Toys.

But die cast will chip and flake! Its so heavy if it tips it will take out every shelf in your detolf!!!

roll-eyes.gif

^^ Lol, there's been so much talk about the pros and cons of die cast lately. Personally, I like it if it's done well. Hot Toys seemed to find a good balance with WM. I know the weight of a figure doesn't automatically make it a good figure but I like holding a toy that feels solid. Hopefully HT will keep the quality level of WM with Robocop. I'm honestly more concerned about the movie quote feature disappointing me than the die cast.

Back