Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MP transformers are even better now with no die cast. But time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, love how you can't even admit that the way HT implemented it was great (i.e., double the articulation of plastic figures due to diecast joints) and instead have to use a strawman argument like "heft". Man, are you ever a crank in regards to this subject. Can't even look at it rationally.

Well, that conveniently totally ignores all the points I've made about the drawbacks of diecast.

Please, tell us all why the same style of joints can't be done with plastic....

ehh the all plastic ones always felt cheap to me even as a kid. I have been bamboozled by die cast lol I think its better!

It's not, and categorically so.

1. Paint does not "key" to metal as well as plastic.
2. Diecast does not hold the same level of fine detail as plastic.
3. Diecast is typically some of the worst quality metal you can find, and it does break Any number of people with 1/18 diecast cars have some with broken door hinges.

About the only thing it has got going for it is its weight, but that's an illusion of quality given by heft. Ironically, a plastic toy will generally soak up a lot more punishment.

Our toys would be the better for its absence. But pay no mind to me. I'm just a crank for wanting my toys to be the best quality they can be....

qWaXr0x.jpg

Die cast is actually cheaper than plastics in most cases too. (EDIT: never mind, beat me to the punch)

To be fair though, the way Hot Toys implemented it on their War Machine seems quite ideal. I thought most of the main, outside parts that would be die-cast and painted (a big no-no) turns out that isn't the case. I don't know, on one hand, I'm sort of worried about it because my experience with die cast hasn't been too kind. I've had a few collectibles that have had bad castings and decayed over time. On the other hand though, if this is done right and implemented properly, it could be a quality figure. That's up in the air though. My biggest concern is the paint. If they cheap out on this, it could be a cluster **** in the next couple of years.

It's not, and categorically so.

1. Paint does not "key" to metal as well as plastic.
2. Diecast does not hold the same level of fine detail as plastic.
3. Diecast is typically some of the worst quality metal you can find, and it does break Any number of people with 1/18 diecast cars have some with broken door hinges.

About the only thing it has got going for it is its weight, but that's an illusion of quality given by heft. Ironically, a plastic toy will generally soak up a lot more punishment.

Our toys would be the better for its absence. But pay no mind to me. I'm just a crank for wanting my toys to be the best quality they can be....

1. Paintjobs on high-end modelcars (AUTOart for instance) are flawless. The paint sticks as good as plastic.

3. I am an avid diecast modelcars collector for 13 years and I haven't come across this issue. I frequently visit boards and never saw this kind of problem. Perhaps once or twice, it was so rare that I forgot it actually happened. The only issue with diecast is zinc pest.

Despite being displayed for a long time, my models shine like they were brand new (even the cheap ones still look great). No sign of paint or diecast deterioration so far.

With that being said, I wasn't worried and I am still not. I don't care if it's diecast or plastic as long as it looks great. And I'm sure HT will deliver on this one.

All good points guys but let's not forget that HT has been known to cheap out on a lot of releases. As skeptical as I am about this and ED209's longevity, I preordered them for their aesthetics and sentimental values and can only hope the paint won't flake over time. Definitely going to display them boxed up to avoid any accidents.

All good points guys but let's not forget that HT has been known to cheap out on a lot of releases. As skeptical as I am about this and ED209's longevity, I preordered them for their aesthetics and sentimental values and can only hope the paint won't flake over time. Definitely going to display them boxed up to avoid any accidents.

How do you display figures boxed up?

No, I mean in its box, with the lid open. Pretty much like how hobby shops display them. I know, it's sad, but I at least I feel safe knowing that my figures won't fall or gather dust. Plus my cabinet's all locked up so my nephews can only press their faces against the glass, pretty much like their uncle, whenever they want to marvel at my glorious collection.

No, I mean in its box, with the lid open. Pretty much like how hobby shops display them. I know, it's sad, but I at least I feel safe knowing that my figures won't fall or gather dust. Plus my cabinet's all locked up so my nephews can only press their faces against the glass, pretty much like their uncle, whenever they want to marvel at my glorious collection.

Oh I wouldn't like that, Reminds me of when people put plastic covers on their furniture. Enjoy it out of the box. Its all gonna rot eventually

That's odd. But whatever works for you my man!

Oh I wouldn't like that, Reminds me of when people put plastic covers on their furniture. Enjoy it out of the box. Its all gonna rot eventually

Ditto. I don't see what's the point of having my toys outlive me. I used to be **** about my possessions but when you reach a certain age you realize it's just 'stuff' :) anyway if that's the way it floats your boat then by all means. different strokes for different folks.

Was joking there lads. I'm still not sure that I want to spend the rest of my life in the country I'm currently in. Still waiting for opportunities to work abroad. Just need to settle in first, find a place to call me own, then and only then, I'd open them all up and display my collection.

At the moment they are at the ready to be shipped at any time.

Its a collectible and you rather enjoy it and let it die before you die. I take care of my collectibles buy displaying it in the box or in clam shells etc is something i can never imagine doing! ..

One life... One chance to enjoy it!...

Back