Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only have one Flex payment left on Robo and Ed. On one hand that kinda sucks to have paid almost $600 and still have to wait for months and months ...

But on the other hand, when they arrive, it'll feel like I'm getting two awesome figures for almost nothing! :lol

Dunno what's wrong with the forum, but my last post on this topic appears to have vanished.

Damn disappointing this has been delayed. I really hope it's not due to problems with the suckerbait diecast.
In regards to the "suckerbait diecast", what about War Machine MK II is not a total home run? It's a better figure with twice the articulation of its plastic counterparts. Initially, I too had doubts on diecast but HT has implemented in a way that totally makes sense. You're just really being unreasonable about it at this point.

In regards to the "suckerbait diecast", what about War Machine MK II is not a total home run? It's a better figure with twice the articulation of its plastic counterparts. Initially, I too had doubts on diecast but HT has implemented in a way that totally makes sense. You're just really being unreasonable about it at this point.

Wtf is a war machine mk? Who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, it's HT's first diecast figure and it bodes very well for RoboCop, assuming you don't just hate diecast for the fun of it. Anyway, it's none of your concern, obviously, so just move along, sonny!

I think they delay Robocop for a **** load of Capt America: winter soldier figures.
Personnaly I just canceled my order, buying Enterbay instead.
I keep ED-209 because he rocks and it's a huge improvement compare to the first one.

Why would you want the Enterbay one which is based off of Robocop 3. Hot Toys is based off of the iconic and one true Robocop film and later they are releasing a Battle Damaged Weller's likeness figure. Enterbay's will just be awful which is unfortunate because I was looking forward to it until I found out it was R3

To make it simple, HT looks nice but plagued with inaccuracies.
Why would you buy this figure if you aim at the BD to be released later.
I have zero interest in a BD Robocop even with Peter Weller's likeness.
EB is slightly better, bigger and comes with the jetpack.
It's accurate enough for an action figure.
For a perfect Robocop, I will wait for Pop culture shock's statue to be revealed soon.

Why would you buy this figure if you aim at the BD to be released later.
I have zero interest in a BD Robocop even with Peter Weller's likeness.
For a perfect Robocop, I will wait for Pop culture shock's statue to be revealed soon.

EB version better? WTF are talking about? How is the HT version inaccurate? The HT version is even from RC1 no less with accurate ed-209 bd.
I swear its like lately everyone has forgotten what a horrible company EB is. I know people were excited before for 1/4 scale robocop when people
thought it was RC1, but even now after they know its RC3 they still find lame excuses to still buy it :dunno
Not to mention when that motor neck craps out you wont be able to turn his head anymore :lecture

Well it will be my very first EB figure so I have no idea about how good or bad QC will be.
So yeah, it is a RC3 version but can you tell the difference with the RC1?
Come on, if HT planned to make a RC1 then they failed miserably.
To quote a a friend at Robocop archive message board forum:
"Both of them mix-and-match the different versions of the suit.
Enterbay has done it on purpose, Hot Toys just looks clueless because everything so far says that they're going for the original suit."
For quick comparaison:
bwjh.jpg

pe1b.jpg

i8z0.jpg

Anyway I must say that this neck motor BS make me worry.

Those "inaccuracies" you pointed out are straight up bull****. Hot Toys got the details right, that's just a shoulder seam in the arm, something that needs to be implemented. It's unreasonable to expect them to produce a millimeter rectangular panel over that seam that would just fall off any way.

The Hot Toys one is fine, looks great and is from the original Robocop. It'll be better made too.

Those "inaccuracies" you pointed out are straight up bull****. Hot Toys got the details right, that's just a shoulder seam in the arm, something that needs to be implemented. It's unreasonable to expect them to produce a millimeter rectangular panel over that seam that would just fall off any way.

The Hot Toys one is fine, looks great and is from the original Robocop. It'll be better made too.

As long as the Hot Toys one has nothing to do with Robocop 3 that's all that matters.

Well it will be my very first EB figure so I have no idea about how good or bad QC will be.
So yeah, it is a RC3 version but can you tell the difference with the RC1?
Come on, if HT planned to make a RC1 then they failed miserably.
To quote a a friend at Robocop archive message board forum:
"Both of them mix-and-match the different versions of the suit.
Enterbay has done it on purpose, Hot Toys just looks clueless because everything so far says that they're going for the original suit."
For quick comparison:

Anyway I must say that this neck motor BS make me worry.

Eb's has inaccuracies too. Wait till you see the leg holster open. Its not even close to correct.

Nor HT neither EB are perfect, but HT (besides having details a bit softer due to the diecast process) is much more accurate than EB. EB is missing curves, angles and subtle details the HT one has captured, EB has added some rivets that are not in the original design (sides of legs) not to mention the paint scheme, HT has blue red hues, EB is plain silver.

Thank you for the input, I'll keep an eye on that release.

Diecast is garbage. A gimmick for people who for some reason think if their toy weighs a bit more it's quality.

Get back to me when the paint starts flaking off the WM figures, or the first time it takes a shelf dive and the paint chips off.

I've listed on a number of occasions my objections to diecast, which are not limited to the above. Those objections stand.

Last edited:
Diecast is garbage. A gimmick for people who for some reason think if their toy weighs a bit more it's quality.

Get back to me when the paint starts flaking off the WM figures, or the first time it takes a shelf dive and the paint chips off.

I've listed on a number of occasions my objections to diecast, which are not limited to the above. Those objections stand.

I'm one of those people lol. I like the heft diecast metal gives. It does feel more quality to me. Also reminds me of metal toys I had when I was little. Like Transformers, Micronauts etc.

Lol, love how you can't even admit that the way HT implemented it was great (i.e., double the articulation of plastic figures due to diecast joints) and instead have to use a strawman argument like "heft". Man, are you ever a crank in regards to this subject. Can't even look at it rationally.

Back