Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is actually Keaton's birthday. What a coincidence that the trailer debuted on it.

As for that data spike you mentioned Khev, it actually looks to me like they snapped it.

To be honest I never was positive for a reboot and now after I saw the trailer I am even more convinced it will be a Total Recall like, soulless SciFi action flick with too much CGI, too much other robots and drones, almost none to no blood and most important too much contemporary scifi klischees.

Can't explain it; I still think the original didn't need a reboot at all.

To be honest I never was positive for a reboot and now after I saw the trailer I am even more convinced it will be a Total Recall like, soulless SciFi action flick with too much CGI, too much other robots and drones, almost none to no blood and most important too much contemporary scifi klischees.

Can't explain it; I still think the original didn't need a reboot at all.

I have to agree. I don't know why they need to re-boot everything.

I mean I'd rather have a decent knock-off than a bad reboot.

I have to agree. I don't know why they need to re-boot everything.

Because Hollywood is running out of GOOD original material to film. Hence they turn to fan-favorite classics, old cartoons, as well as popular books and comics lately.

I don't see this stopping soon. Hollywood knows that a re-boot/re-make of live-action TMNT would sell more than a live action movie of the newer Spongebob Squarepants would.

That said, I want a live-action VISIONARIES. Or CENTURIONS.

Man, the trailer just might not be grabbing me. But this movie looks wack as hell.

love the new suit! Does anyone know if HT is doing the new robocop figures?

Don't worry. As we speak, HT is performing a pre-production ritual circle jerk so as to appease the gods of armor-plated 1/6 scale.

Thanks for the trailer. It confirms what I suspected; A simple CGI milking of a wonderfully made film that the pimply-faced executives in Hollywood heard from their parents was a 'classic', and therefor fair game for a good raping. Completely devoid of grit; Any style it may possess is derivative and just plain boring. Dear Paul, I'm SO sorry my friend...

Thanks for the trailer. It confirms what I suspected; A simple CGI milking of a wonderfully made film that the pimply-faced executives in Hollywood heard from their parents was a 'classic', and therefor fair game for a good raping. Completely devoid of grit; Any style it may possess is derivative and just plain boring. Dear Paul, I'm SO sorry my friend...

Amen Brother! :D

Can't say I'm a fan of the new look. Too streamlined and he doesn't move like he's a robot. Just looks like a guy in a suit, and leaving the human hand doesn't help matters any. Should have just been like the original, total body prosthesis. I agree with most comments here that it won't be gritty enough. The original was fantastic and still is. No need to redo this one.

I may just order this HT Robocop after all. Original movie collectibles might start drying up once this version hits the market.

Can't say I'm a fan of the new look. Too streamlined and he doesn't move like he's a robot. Just looks like a guy in a suit, and leaving the human hand doesn't help matters any. Should have just been like the original, total body prosthesis. I agree with most comments here that it won't be gritty enough. The original was fantastic and still is. No need to redo this one.

I may just order this HT Robocop after all. Original movie collectibles might start drying up once this version hits the market.

:exactly:
and what's with the faceplate that slides down as on ironman's faceplate :slap

I wished it was at least a continuation of the same story (as it did from robocop 1 to 3) but looks like not and going all over again from the beginning starting as a human cop > dead > made into robocop :slap

Last edited:
Terrible direction to go with the Robocop design; as others have said, looks like a guy in a suit. Walks like a guy in a suit. With the visor up (also terrible), looks like a guy in a scuba gear hood.

henderson.7mm.gold.hood.a.jpg

It's like they couldn't afford to make him look robotic. And when they make him black, he looks exactly like those terrible accelerator suits from the first GI Joe film.

delta_six.jpg

With Dredd just released last year, and with so many similarities between those two films already, they should have been making an effort to distance themselves from Dredd, but instead they made Robocop look even more like Dredd. Really really dumb.

With Robocop being one of my favourites movies I wasn't looking forward to this remake, but after the Halloween remake I have to admit that these Hollywood studios have me parting with my cash to see them.

I can ***** and moan about these remakes but the facts are that this is the way Hollywood is rolling these days.

From the trailer the two things that bug me the most are that it looks like a PG-13 movie and even from the trailer Robocop is far to humanized for my liking.

A PG-13 rating is why you'll see him shooting robots instead of bad guys. Again, completely missing the point of Robocop; he should be taking out scumbag criminals, not a competing army of robots.

I agree.

Although I sort of feel that maybe they have taken such a different direction to the original in an attempt for the movie to do well.

But the original is so perfect in almost everything it does from the score, the suit, the bad guys, the one-liners, the violence etc. that it is really a strange choice of movie to remake/reboot.

Yeah the grim dirtiness and homicidal bad guys of old Detroit in '87 are severely lacking in this movie.

A PG-13 rating is why you'll see him shooting robots instead of bad guys. Again, completely missing the point of Robocop; he should be taking out scumbag criminals, not a competing army of robots.

Yeah that's another aspect of the trailer that has doubt in my mind. If you have all these other robots it makes Robocop himself and ED-209 less special.

Terrible direction to go with the Robocop design; as others have said, looks like a guy in a suit. Walks like a guy in a suit. With the visor up (also terrible), looks like a guy in a scuba gear hood.

henderson.7mm.gold.hood.a.jpg

It's like they couldn't afford to make him look robotic. And when they make him black, he looks exactly like those terrible accelerator suits from the first GI Joe film.

delta_six.jpg

With Dredd just released last year, and with so many similarities between those two films already, they should have been making an effort to distance themselves from Dredd, but instead they made Robocop look even more like Dredd. Really really dumb.

Really liked the new dredd though, wish HT would make a karl urban dredd :monkey2

Back