Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lost me here.

Na... Really wasnt. Infact i ordered and cancelled it long ago. I am not saying the essence of ED in the movie, but the look was just about ok for me. Even back then as a kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gu7e5yva.jpg

u2ejanys.jpg

Looks pretty good. Need to see detailing though.

I actually like the new look when he is in the classic silver and black look. Why not just go with that? The black body is just not robo enough.

Sorry but the new ed does nothing for me, looks too much like some japanese model kit.
Is the new ed even real or totaly CG? At least the old ed was real and looked like something that could actually exist.

I actually like the new look when he is in the classic silver and black look. Why not just go with that? The black body is just not robo enough.

A mystery to all but the people making this film it seems.

Yeah, I was okay with the old color scheme, too.

Everyone behind the movie seems to just want to hear Keaton say that it's better if it comes in black, while the old color would just be a nod to the original.

ED 209 got a great design upgrade IMO though.

Yeah, I was okay with the old color scheme, too.

Everyone behind the movie seems to just want to hear Keaton say that it's better if it comes in black, while the old color would just be a nod to the original.

ED 209 got a great design upgrade IMO though.

I agree. I think for a classic and the times the old robocop looks awesome. Here they need to appeal to a yonger population and todays times of ironman and batman wherein sleekness has a lot of x factor, plus the old one would not look very atheletic on a sports bikey he rides. (i think thats the main reason) I think they did good by giving the due respect to all the chrome in the beginning scene and there after going black just to sync in with the teens. When they spend so much money making one in todays time they have to think from all angles.
Lastly, i agree with you... The ed got a great upgrade in design! Just my view. If they make all toys in addition to the (robocop classic and chair already bought) i will buy both new versions of robocop and the new ed. At least thats what i plan to save for. I had the old ed which i sold long ago. Never did it for me (just my openion)

A mystery to all but the people making this film it seems.

I think they went for the black suit cause of the bike. Am sure they dint want the robocop to drive a car and with the bulky suit he may not look that great on that bike. The other option would have been to keep the inital look and pop a harley as a cop bike, but am sure there will be some great action scenes on the bike planned for it to demand a newer suit.

Robert Burke cant really measure up to Peter but i dont think he was bad either, he looked great in the suit.
I prefer 3's story which had him fighting against the crooked OCP and revenge for anne louis.
Robocop 2 with the whole drug dealer/nuke story i never liked, didnt like the music either.
I also liked in 3 that robocop had that jetpack and cool gun combo. While 3 is definitely cheesy i still liked it.

Did i elaborate enough?

The poor visual effects are what brought down RoboCop 3 IMHO. By comparizon, 2's stop-motion Cain was AWESOME. Still holds up today.

Sorry but the new ed does nothing for me, looks too much like some japanese model kit.
Is the new ed even real or totaly CG? At least the old ed was real and looked like something that could actually exist.

:exactly:

This imposter ED-209 ain't got jack on the 80s version. Remember the 6000 SUX car slogan?

Well "It's back! Big is back. Because bigger is better. The new ED SUX"

:exactly:

This imposter ED-209 ain't got jack on the 80s version. Remember the 6000 SUX car slogan?

Well "It's back! Big is back. Because bigger is better. The new ED SUX"

I want something big, that goes really fast, and gets really *****ty gas mileage

Back